Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 14:18
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/barack-obama-mommy-issues-have-hurt-progress-in-the-us/ar-BBPVqzl

Obama has come out and made yet another brilliant scathing rebuke against his political opponents. He says that their problem is, they have "mommy issues".

Former President Barack Obama listed "mommy issues" as one explanation why U.S. has failed to make progress addressing policy problems ranging from education to the environment.

"The reason we don't do it because we are still confused, blind, shrouded with hate, anger, racism, mommy issues," Obama said, specifically using the possibility of decreasing carbon emissions by 30 percent with available technology as an example.

"We are fraught with stuff," Obama continued, "but the thing that we really have to invest in is people."

Obama made the comments Monday during a conversation with writer Dave Eggers at the second Obama Foundation Summit in Chicago. The Republican National Committee on Tuesday latched onto his remarks, arguing they were another instance of the former president being elitist.

"A decade after he called the working-class 'bitter,' President Obama is still trashing millions of Americans who disagree with him," RNC chairwoman Ronna McDaniel tweeted. "According to Obama, you’re 'confused, blind, shrouded with hate, anger, racism, mommy issues' if you disagree with his environmental policies."

Some outlets have faced criticism for misreporting Obama's statements as being directed at President Trump.

Obama's appearance at Monday's event follows the 2018 midterm cycle in which he took an active, vocal role in campaigning for Democratic candidates, often making a stark comparison between himself and the White House incumbent.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 14:24
    I grow weary of all the name calling and arrogant superiority frames of mind coming from the Left.

But I guess that's what happens when you realize that your positions are so weak on issues that you have to resort to such tactics.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 14:28
    Speaking of mommy issues, how many people here had their mommy leave them to be raised by Communist Grandparents when you were a child?

What am I saying, that accounts for pretty much all Left winged posters here.

Never mind.
  4. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 14:46
    @whodey said
    Speaking of mommy issues, how many people here had their mommy leave them to be raised by Communist Grandparents when you were a child?

What am I saying, that accounts for pretty much all Left winged posters here.

Never mind.
    Speaking of mommy issues, women with children under 18 voted for Democrats in the recent mid-term election by a whopping 60%-39% margin. https://www.cnn.com/election/2018/exit-polls
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 15:08
    @whodey said
    I grow weary of all the name calling and arrogant superiority frames of mind coming from the Left.

But I guess that's what happens when you realize that your positions are so weak on issues that you have to resort to such tactics.
    You mean like someone who constantly refers to Democrats as "Dims"?
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 15:12
    @no1marauder said
    Speaking of mommy issues, women with children under 18 voted for Democrats in the recent mid-term election by a whopping 60%-39% margin. https://www.cnn.com/election/2018/exit-polls
    when they realize their child with a free college education cant find a job they will regret it.
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 15:14
    @whodey said
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/barack-obama-mommy-issues-have-hurt-progress-in-the-us/ar-BBPVqzl

Obama has come out and made yet another brilliant scathing rebuke against his political opponents. He says that their problem is, they have "mommy issues".

Former President Barack Obama listed "mommy issues" as one explanation why U.S. has failed to make progress ...[text shortened]... emocratic candidates, often making a stark comparison between himself and the White House incumbent.
    just think about it...a former president is accusing the president of the USA of having "mommy issues". My question is...what exactly did you expect when you voted for a black liberal?
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 16:06
    @mott-the-hoople said
    just think about it...a former president is accusing the president of the USA of having "mommy issues". My question is...what exactly did you expect when you voted for a black liberal?
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/05/13/trump-mothers-day-218363
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 16:18
    @no1marauder said
    https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/05/13/trump-mothers-day-218363
    you may be stupid enough to fall for these left wing msm hit pieces...IM not. I see it for what it is...these rich liberals are trying to control our country by relying on ignorant easily lead people. You fill the bill quite well.
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 16:314 edits
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you may be stupid enough to fall for these left wing msm hit pieces...IM not. I see it for what it is...these rich liberals are trying to control our country by relying on ignorant easily lead people. You fill the bill quite well.
    You do realize that Donald Trump was one of those "rich liberals" until he realized that the "ignorant easily lead people" were those on the right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File: Donald_Trump_and_Bill_Clinton.jpg

Clinton, the Democratic front-runner and former New York senator who had some say over policy that could have impacted Trump’s vast business dealings, received donations from both him and son Donald Trump Jr. on separate occasions in 2002, 2005, 2006 and 2007, according to state and federal disclosure records.

Trump has also been generous with the Clinton Foundation, donating at least $100,000, according to the non-profit.

In another sign of their closeness, Clinton attended Trump’s 2005 wedding to current wife Melania Knauss at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Florida, along with the likes of Katie Couric, Billy Joel and then-“American Idol” judge Simon Cowell. (According to People, Clinton had front-pew seating. Though Bill missed the ceremony itself, he did show up to the reception.)

PORTSMOUTH, NH - APRIL 27: Donald Trump arrives to speak to the media at Pease International Trade Port on April 27, 2011 in Portsmouth, New Hampshire. Trump is testing the waters for a possible run for the Republican Presidential nomination, and addressed US President Barack Obama's release of his original birth certificate earlier that morning. (Photo by Matthew Cavanaugh/Getty Images) *** Local Caption *** Donald Trump; View Photo Gallery
    ALSO ON POLITICO

Donald Trump: The large lifestyle behind the bombastic candidate
    POLITICO STAFF
    She wasn’t the only Democratic beneficiary of Trump’s wealth. Trump donated $5,000 to the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee and $20,000 to the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee in the 2006 cycle, effectively buoying the election prospects of Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi, respectively.

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/06/donald-trump-donations-democrats-hillary-clinton-119071

Trump last donated to Schumer directly in 2010, though he had made donations ranging from $250 to $2,000 since 1996.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 19:51
    @whodey said

You have a president who has made a fortune (yes, he's making LOTS of money off the presidency, illegally) who is EXACTLY the epitome of your first sentence. AND he's invested in dragging his entire party into that sewer with him.

But you grow weary of the relatively minuscule amount of it you're seeing on the Left? Give me a break.

But thank you for admitting that Trump does this because his position on issues is so weak that he has to resort to such tactics.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 19:52
    @mott-the-hoople said
    The irony is strong in this one.
  13. Subscriberbadradger
    Scallywag
    the pie shop
    Moves
    21 Nov '18 20:251 edit
    @whodey sorry I thought it said money issues.