Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    18 Jul '18 23:301 edit
    Not big enough to be worth defending according to Trump.

    Let's dump all the small countries out of NATPO shall we?

    Then the UN, small countries do not deserve a voice.
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39949
    18 Jul '18 23:44
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Not big enough to be worth defending according to Trump.

    Let's dump all the small countries out of NATPO shall we?

    Then the UN, small countries do not deserve a voice.
    Well, it might be small but the people there are "very aggressive" so we should keep them on our side.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    18 Jul '18 23:49
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Not big enough to be worth defending according to Trump.

    Let's dump all the small countries out of NATPO shall we?

    Then the UN, small countries do not deserve a voice.
    Of course, Pukin wants it back, that and the rest of the old Soviet Empire and Trumpf does what he is told. Tit for tat. Putin gets Montenegro, Trump gives rump.
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    19 Jul '18 00:151 edit
    Monte what !? 😲

    Alert the moderator! 😠
  5. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    19 Jul '18 01:08
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    Monte [b]what !? 😲

    Alert the moderator! 😠[/b]
    Shouldn't it be "Monte... I'll take what's behind door #3..."
  6. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    19 Jul '18 01:411 edit
    The Principality or Kingdom of Montenegro have significant military history.
    Montenegro's outnumbered army decisively defeated the Ottomans in the Battle of Grahovac.
    This is well-known in parts of the former Yugoslavia, though not by Westerners.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Grahovac

    "On 1 May, the fighting started again as the Ottomans got military support from Bosnia.
    But this time, Montenegrins took charge and attacked the Ottomans, forcing them into a
    successive retreat. The biggest problem for Montenegrins was a well-armed Ottoman
    artillery, which was constantly bombarding their positions with cannons. Eventually,
    Montenegrins decided to charge across the battlefield and take over the cannons.
    After they saw two of the commanders, Serdar (Count) Đuro Kusovac and priest Luka
    Jovović, being killed while charging, the rest of the Montenegrin troops, including the
    guardsmen, began a rapid advance with a shout: "Forward, to avenge our commanders"".

    "The glory of Montenegrin weapons was soon immortalised in the songs and literature of all the South Slavs,..."
    "in 2008, the Montenegrin government revealed an obelisk which honours the battle
    and its participants. Both on the church and the obelisk read the same inscription:
    "The monument to your bravery is Montenegro and its freedom."

    Some of Montenegro's enemies learned not to sneer at Montenegrin courage in battle.
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Joined
    27 Oct '04
    Moves
    80055
    19 Jul '18 01:56
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Of course, Pukin wants it back, that and the rest of the old Soviet Empire and Trumpf does what he is told. Tit for tat. Putin gets Montenegro, Trump gives rump.
    Yugoslavia was the Communist equivalent of Switzerland back in the day. Tito started distancing himself from Stalin quite early and never joined the Warsaw Pact. I don't think "back" is quite the right word.
  8. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    19 Jul '18 02:111 edit
    Originally posted by @deepthought to Sonhouse
    Yugoslavia was the Communist equivalent of Switzerland back in the day.
    Tito started distancing himself from Stalin quite early and never joined the Warsaw Pact.
    I don't think "back" is quite the right word.
    Sonhouse typically shows abysmal ignorance outside of his technical field.

    Albania's another east European Communist state that was not a vassal of the USSR.
    Although it belonged to the Warsaw Pact, Romania showed independence from the USSR.
  9. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    19 Jul '18 02:59
  10. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Joined
    22 Apr '05
    Moves
    527712
    19 Jul '18 09:04
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    Monte [b]what !? 😲

    Alert the moderator! 😠[/b]
    It means "black mountain"....
  11. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    7290
    19 Jul '18 13:50
    Originally posted by @ponderable
    It means "black mountain"....
    Exactly. That's racist. It should be African-American Mountain. (It probably voted for Killary, too. Very sad.)
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    19 Jul '18 16:26
    Originally posted by @shallow-blue
    Exactly. That's racist. It should be African-American Mountain. (It probably voted for Killary, too. Very sad.)
    I don't care about "racist". I'm offended by the term "mountain" because it's a term used by shameless sizests.

    And by the way extraterrestrials have feelings too, so I am offended by spacists who portray aliens as ugly bug eyed invaders...
    Why can't we all just get along? 😳 :'( 😞
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    19 Jul '18 16:32
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    I don't care about "racist". I'm offended by the term "mountain" because it's a term used by shameless sizests.

    And by the way extraterrestrials have feelings too, so I am offended by spacists who portray aliens as ugly bug eyed invaders...
    Why can't we all just get along? 😳 :'( 😞
    Well just look at the Miss Universe contest, talk about bias. People from Earth win year after year.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52851
    19 Jul '18 16:33
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Sonhouse typically shows abysmal ignorance outside of his technical field.

    Albania's another east European Communist state that was not a vassal of the USSR.
    Although it belonged to the Warsaw Pact, Romania showed independence from the USSR.
    That doesn't change the fact Putin wants all of the old Soviet empire states back and I would not put it past him to attack Montenegro.
  15. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    19 Jul '18 16:361 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Shouldn't it be "Monte... I'll take what's behind door #3..."
    Please don't tell me you're a game-showist.
    I thought you were better than that.


    What is this world coming to? 😞
Back to Top