Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 18 Jul '14 03:10
    http://www.mstarz.com/articles/33733/20140716/ellen-degeneres-portia-de-rossi-divorce-cheating-scandal-before-rehab-rumors-secret-marriage.htm

    As many have heard, Ellen DeGeneres has divorced her lesbian lover. Apparently the entire relationship was torpedoed by drugs, alcohol, selfishness, and ruthless arguing.

    So in the spirit giving the gay community some props, what other positive role models are out their other than say, Barney Frank?
  2. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    18 Jul '14 04:25
    I guess being gay doesn't make you perfect.

    Just like being straight...........
  3. 18 Jul '14 11:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    I guess being gay doesn't make you perfect.

    Just like being straight...........
    Make no mistake, the outcomes of gay marriages are now under a microscope.

    Get used to it.
  4. 18 Jul '14 11:37 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.mstarz.com/articles/33733/20140716/ellen-degeneres-portia-de-rossi-divorce-cheating-scandal-before-rehab-rumors-secret-marriage.htm

    As many have heard, Ellen DeGeneres has divorced her lesbian lover. Apparently the entire relationship was torpedoed by drugs, alcohol, selfishness, and ruthless arguing.

    So in the spirit giving the gay community some props, what other positive role models are out their other than say, Barney Frank?
    trolls belong under a bridge. go there please.
  5. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    20 Jul '14 05:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.mstarz.com/articles/33733/20140716/ellen-degeneres-portia-de-rossi-divorce-cheating-scandal-before-rehab-rumors-secret-marriage.htm

    As many have heard, Ellen DeGeneres has divorced her lesbian lover. Apparently the entire relationship was torpedoed by drugs, alcohol, selfishness, and ruthless arguing.

    So in the spirit giving the gay community some props, what other positive role models are out their other than say, Barney Frank?
    As a Christian I do not encourage the gay lifestyle, but once again whodey is stressing a rather unimportant topic. Far too much press time is devoted to such a small minority of the population. Our focus should be in creating more decent paying jobs, paying down the national debt, rebuilding our crumbling roads and bridges, etc. rather than who is a proper gay or lesbian roll model.
  6. 20 Jul '14 11:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by bill718
    As a Christian I do not encourage the gay lifestyle, but once again whodey is stressing a rather unimportant topic. Far too much press time is devoted to such a small minority of the population. Our focus should be in creating more decent paying jobs, paying down the national debt, rebuilding our crumbling roads and bridges, etc. rather than who is a proper gay or lesbian roll model.
    And who is trying to draw attention to the gay population which accounts for about 5% of the population bill? Is it not people like Ellen who "come out of the closet" on national TV? Is it not the gay lobby who is seeking legislation for special rights? Are not the American people being asked to vote on issues like gay marriage with a thumbs up or down response?

    However, once they are portrayed in a bad light in any way then people like you scream that we should not pay any attention to them? Now we must pay attention to more important matter? The hell you say bill.

    Here is a thought, why include the government in marriage at all bill? Instead, like you say, perhaps they should actually pass a budget for the first time in 30 years instead of depending on issues like gay marriage to secure votes.

    Incidentally, I still think the lifestyle is deviant. Political correctness can never destroy the evidence. Gays cannot reproduce, which is a biological dysfunction. Gay males account for over half the STD cases in the US despite only being around 5% of the population. Gay women face higher rates of breast cancer, tend to be more obese, and both gay males and females tend to be more depressed and have other psychological problems. Are we now suppose to turn our heads if gay divorce rates exceed those of their straight counterparts bill? Somehow, I don't see that happening.
  7. 20 Jul '14 13:01
    Originally posted by bill718
    As a Christian I do not encourage the gay lifestyle, but once again whodey is stressing a rather unimportant topic. Far too much press time is devoted to such a small minority of the population. Our focus should be in creating more decent paying jobs, paying down the national debt, rebuilding our crumbling roads and bridges, etc. rather than who is a proper gay or lesbian roll model.
    there is no such thing as a gay model. they are people. that's it. the fact that their marriages end just like 50% of the hetero marriages means squat. other than they, like straights, deal with the same problems.


    also the reason the gay minority receives so much press is that homophobia is still a problem. if the children keep hearing that this and that star/athlete/ politician came out, maybe they will find it normal and won't grow into hateful pricks
  8. 20 Jul '14 13:56
    Originally posted by whodey
    Here is a thought, why include the government in marriage at all bill?
    As has been pointed out to you several hundred times on this forum, the discussion concerns legal marriage, not ceremonial marriage. Ceremonial marriage is not, has not been, and will not be regulated by the government. Legal marriage is a contract, which, by definition, involves some kind of role for the government. Banning such contracts is an idiotic idea which does not merit serious discussion.
  9. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    21 Jul '14 00:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    Are we now suppose to turn our heads if gay divorce rates exceed those of their straight counterparts bill? Somehow, I don't see that happening.
    Well either gay divorce rates will exceed straights or vice versa.

    Will you advocate homosexuality if gay marriages are more successful?
  10. 21 Jul '14 01:44
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Well either gay divorce rates will exceed straights or vice versa.

    Will you advocate homosexuality if gay marriages are more successful?
    I heard today that someone I know "came out of the closet". Trouble is, he has a wife and kids. Everyone around me is saying what a great thing it is. That is the culture I live in, and it makes me want to puke.

    Apparently he just wanted to have kids. Nice for him.

    There is nothing that indicates being gay is anything but a dysfunction. You can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig.
  11. 21 Jul '14 01:52
    Do the people around you think that all divorces are great? Or are they think that just divorces that are a result of 'coming out' are great?
  12. 21 Jul '14 02:00 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Do the people around you think that all divorces are great? Or are they think that just divorces that are a result of 'coming out' are great?
    Those around me are celebrating the fact that he has finally come clean, so that he no longer has to live a lie.

    However, part of me wonders if he had this planned all along. Just marry the girl to have his kids and then when you have them and no longer need a sitter, leave her for the boyfriend. Of course, many probably feel like I do, but are afraid to express themselves in fear of losing their NBA teams.

    As for divorce, this culture is indifferent when it comes to divorce. The moral depravity of this culture has reached never before heights.
  13. 21 Jul '14 02:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    Those around me are celebrating the fact that he has finally come clean, so that he no longer has to live a lie.

    However, part of me wonders if he had this planned all along. Just marry the girl to have his kids and then when you have them and no longer need a sitter, leave her for the boyfriend. Of course, many probably feel like I do, but are afraid to ...[text shortened]... when it comes to divorce. The moral depravity of this culture has reached never before heights.
    How is being gay and married any different than being married to a woman who doesn't want to have sex and being faithful to her anyhow?

    Oh wait a minute, no wife would rather not have sex.
  14. Donation kirksey957
    Outkast
    21 Jul '14 02:28
    What evidence do you have that it is a dysfunction?
  15. 21 Jul '14 02:44
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What evidence do you have that it is a dysfunction?
    Biologically it is a dysfunction because they can't reproduce. That should be enough, but for some reason it is not for everyone.

    As I have stated, gays are a sick group of people. Specifically gay/bisexual males have skyrocketing STD rates in the US. And yes, there is a reason why the Red Cross will not take blood from you if you are an active gay male, and it has nothing to do with homophobia.

    As for gay women, I've read that they have higher tendencies for breast cancer and obesity and emotional problems. Are they the health risk that gay males are, no, but they still have issues.

    I see all of these = signs around, indicating that gays are equals to straight folk. Even though I do concur that we are all = in the sight of God, I refuse to turn a blind eye to our dysfunction. We all have dysfunctions in our lives, and the last thing we should be doing is proclaiming it to be our strength.

    What troubles me the most is history. In ancient Sparta and Greece, most, if not all, men had homosexual sex. This tells me that it can be culturally mediated, unless you can convince me that they all had the gay gene. This should trouble us. Do we want a nation of AIDS patients with escalating health care costs for the drugs to keep us alive? Do we want dysfunctional families where women take a back seat to their husbands sexual desires, like the women of ancient Sparta?

    Does this mean that there is no genetic cause to being gay? No, but it does mean that this is not the only cause. I say celebrating the lifestyle promotes it. I see no reason to promote it, just like I would never promote polygamy. It's just not good for society in my opinion, and I'll be damned if I'm ever asked to apologize for it.