Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 04 Oct '15 22:38
    I don't waste my time in this forum every day, so I'm catching up Isigh).
    Recently, there were many complaints about the many troll threads
    created by RJHinds, often with obviously offensive or ludicrous titles.
    While some of them (such as Michelle Obama being a transgender woman)
    are still around, I noticed that at least one of RJHinds's recent threads,
    "Serena Williams is a Man" has been deleted. I remember this thread
    because I wrote some detailed posts about issues relating to the athletic
    performance of transgender women. I now wish that I had saved these
    posts but I cannot find them. If anyone has saved some cached copies
    of my posts, then please let me know. Thanks.

I also have noticed that RJHinds has not posted since 28 September 2015,
    which seems to be an unusually long time for him to fall silent.
    So has RJHinds been disciplined in some way by RHP?
  2. Standard member st dominics preview
    troll taunter
    04 Oct '15 22:51 / 1 edit
    I believe that moderators removed the thread because Hinds made an (adjudged) insulting reference to 'Cassaid' (apologies, typing from memory)

He/she(Hinds) hasnt been seen since, so draw your own conclusions!

hope that helps
  3. 04 Oct '15 23:10
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    are still around, I noticed that at least one of RJHinds's recent thre ...[text shortened]... unusually long time for him to fall silent.
    Apparently the progressive view is we should restriction freedom of speech to only those who agree with Duchess.
  4. 04 Oct '15 23:19 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Apparently the progressive view is we should restriction freedom of speech to only those who agree with Duchess.
    Quackquack already has a long record of writing offensive lies aimed at me.

For the record, I did *not* contact RHP and call for RJHinds's thread "Serena Williams
    Is a Man" to be deleted. If I had done that, then I would have attempted to save my posts
    in that thread before it was deleted (which surprised me). I was aware that some other
    writers (such as Caissad4) regarded what RJHInds wrote as extremely offensive.
    And it's common knowledge in several other forums (including Chess, Science, and
    Spirituality) that RJHInds is (arguably) the worst troll at RHP. But Quackquack may
    enjoy volunteering to be RJHinds's close friend.
  5. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    05 Oct '15 00:06 / 4 edits
    are still around, I noticed that at least one of RJHinds's recent thre ...[text shortened]... unusually long time for him to fall silent.
    It's often difficult for moderators of a forum such as this to know where to draw the line separating spirited remarks in a debate from unnecessary abusive or abrasive one's. RJ Hinds remarks about Martina Navratilova (my all time favorite tennis player) , Michelle Obama and others crossed that line in my opinion, that said, I'm forced to admit there is a grain of truth to Mr. QuackQuacks post regarding freedom of speech. Normally I would chauk these remarks from RJHinds up to ignorance, but Martina is sacred to me, she is greatest tennis player of all time, and my sports hero, since he choose to throw his ugly and sarcastic remarks in her direction, I hope he is banned for life!

P.S. I do apologize if any of my past remarks have given offence. That was not my intention. Perhaps we can mend some fences?
  6. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    05 Oct '15 00:13
    Appreciate the lighter hand of the moderators these days.

Back a few years I had a post removed and was warned for using the word 'snigger'.

I kid you not.
  7. 05 Oct '15 00:30 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by quackquack
    I think RJ's speculations and claims about the private lives and circumstances of public figures should not be banned, because they reveal the extent of his beliefs, and also reveal the kind of source material that forms his beliefs. This information is useful in assessing his general credibility. However, personal attacks on people not in the public eye, such as fellow RHP members, should be addressed as stated in the TOS.
  8. 05 Oct '15 00:42
    Originally posted by JS357 to Quackquack
    I think RJ's speculations and claims about the private lives and circumstances of public figures should not be banned, because they reveal the extent of his beliefs, and also reveal the kind of source material that forms his beliefs. This information is useful in assessing his general credibility. However, personal attacks on people not in the public eye, such as fellow RHP members, should be addressed as stated in the TOS.
    We don't know exactly why (or do we know?) RJHinds's thread 'Serena Williams is a Man'
    was deleted by RHP. Contrary to what Quackquack insinuated, I had nothing to do with it.
    I was not reading this forum on the day that it was deleted, and I was surprised today to
    discover that it had been deleted.

If I recall correctly, Caissad4 (a longtime strong player here) wrote that she felt that she
    would have to quit RHP because she felt too offended that RJHinds could keep writing
    what he has done, chiefly about transgender people.
  9. 05 Oct '15 01:09
    General forums Thread 165703
    All of your questions over the controversy are stated and answered there.
  10. 05 Oct '15 01:28
    Quackquack already has a long record of writing offensive lies aimed at me.

For the record, I did *not* contact RHP and call for RJHinds's thread "Serena Williams
    Is a Man" to be deleted. If I had done that, then I would have attempted to save my posts
    in that thread before it was deleted (which surprised me). I was aware that some other
    writers ( ...[text shortened]... ) the worst troll at RHP. But Quackquack may
    enjoy volunteering to be RJHinds's close friend.
    I am not anyone's friend here. It is discuss forum. If anyone wants to introduce a topic they should be able to. If others are not interested, in the topic don't post. But, if I remember correctly others (not me) discussed the topic. We don't need moderators to decide that only certain voices can express their views.
  11. 05 Oct '15 01:35
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Appreciate the lighter hand of the moderators these days.

Back a few years I had a post removed and was warned for using the word 'snigger'.

I kid you not.
    Snigger?

Mods......hello.....mods........we have a racist here......mods.......hello!!
  12. 05 Oct '15 01:38
    Sorry, I've searched all the transgender forums but can't find it. Other than feeling a little confused about my own sexuality it was completely a waste of time.
  13. 05 Oct '15 02:02 / 2 edits
    Diplomacy is a strategic board game where it's allowed--and even implicitly encouraged--for
    players to deceive other people. Lying and breaking agreements ('backstabbing' ) are
    perceived as a normal part of the game. So are Diplomacy players nasty people?

After spending some time at a Diplomacy website, I have noticed that most players in its
    forums seem much more considerate, honest, and helpful than most writers in this forum.
    While Diplomacy players may routinely lie and ruthlessly attack their opponents in their
    games, they reserve all that for their games, unlike the many chess players here who
    prefer to do that (and worse) in these forums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(game)
  14. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    05 Oct '15 02:15
    Diplomacy is a strategic board game where it's allowed--and even implicitly encouraged--for
    players to deceive other people. Lying and breaking agreements ('backstabbing' ) are
    perceived as a normal part of the game. So are Diplomacy players nasty people?

After spending some time at a Diplomacy website, I have noticed that most players in its
    foru ...[text shortened]...
    prefer to do that (and worse) in these forums.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diplomacy_(game)
    Board games where players intentionally lie or bluff:

"Balderdash" Can't recommend this game enough.

The gist:

Am obscure date, or name or word is read out. Players try to define the word or say why the date or person is known. The bogus answers are read out alongside the correct answer, you get points for guessing which is the correct answer (boring) or you get points for managing to fool the others.

Don't think it would translate well to the internet, needs to be face to face, a few mates, a few drinks, there will be tears rolling guaranteed.
  15. Subscriber divegeester
    Nice suit...
    05 Oct '15 10:40
    Aw bless, do you really truly not know what happened...