Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 23:221 edit
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/15801/obama-lied-people-died-mortality-rate-increases-john-nolte

Why are the mortality rates increasing under Obamacare?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 23:30
    Originally posted by @whodey
    http://www.dailywire.com/news/15801/obama-lied-people-died-mortality-rate-increases-john-nolte

You never learn, do you?
  3. Joined
    21 Jul '17
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 23:37
    https://ourworldindata.org/the-link-between-life-expectancy-and-health-spending-us-focus
    If Chile are paying 1/3 per capita on healthcare compared to the USA and get a better life expectancy, who is raking in the extra 2/3?
  4. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 23:53
    Originally posted by @kharon
    https://ourworldindata.org/the-link-between-life-expectancy-and-health-spending-us-focus
    If Chile are paying 1/3 per capita on healthcare compared to the USA and get a better life expectancy, who is raking in the extra 2/3?
    Medical treatments to combat the abuse Americans subject themselves to in terms of heavily processed, non nutritious meals, high in sugar, salt and fat, combined with sedentary lifestyles, filled with the stress that only first world problems can bring.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '17 23:55
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    Medical treatments to combat the abuse Americans subject themselves to in terms of heavily processed, non nutritious meals, high in sugar, salt and fat, combined with sedentary lifestyles, filled with the stress that only first world problems can bring.
    So you are saying that lower life expectancy in the US is due to personal choices and not the lack of a decent medical industry.
  6. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 00:06

I bet if you check snopes, it will show this is a lie....😛
  7. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 00:11
    Originally posted by @eladar
    So you are saying that lower life expectancy in the US is due to personal choices and not the lack of a decent medical industry.
    Well, personal choices influenced by a market flooded by salt and sugar heavy products, due to corporations driven by the profit motive being able to tailor their products to appeal to taste regardless of how unhealthy the product is, and then society shames the consumer for responding in exactly the way they were meant to respond, leaving the profit raking corporation off scot-free.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 00:18
    This started after Obamacare?
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 00:19
    Originally posted by @checkbaiter
    I bet if you check snopes, it will show this is a lie....😛
    Anything anti-Obama is a lie.

Don't you know anything? 😠
  10. Joined
    21 Jul '17
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 00:251 edit
    Well, personal choices influenced by a market flooded by salt and sugar heavy products, due to corporations driven by the profit motive being able to tailor their products to appeal to taste regardless of how unhealthy the product is, and then society shames the consumer for responding in exactly the way they were meant to respond, leaving the profit raking corporation off scot-free.
    This happens in poorer countries too, especially where education isn't sufficient for people to see through their advertising.
    As Orwell put it: The public are swine; advertising is the rattling of a stick inside a swill-bucket.
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 00:25
    I admit that our meat is universally poisoned with antibiotics and hormones.

But I have to say that people can still make better choices.

I do not believe the problems lie in sea salt. As a matter of fact I'd say that a healthy diet must include healthy salts as well as iodine and other trace minerals.

Good foods are out there for those who are willing to reject the fast food options.
  12. Joined
    21 Jul '17
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 00:27
    This started after Obamacare?
    Obamacare did nothing to stop the insurance companies generating wealth. I'm still not sure how they generate wealth.
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 00:32
    Obamacare did nothing to stop the insurance companies generating wealth. I'm still not sure how they generate wealth.
    By collecting premiums and rejecting treatments.
  14. Joined
    21 Jul '17
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 00:51
    Originally posted by @eladar
    By collecting premiums and rejecting treatments.
    Didn't they do that before Obamacare? I guess if you want value for money then you're better off funding healthcare directly like every other country that spends less on healthcare for better results.
  15. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Jul '17 00:54
    Didn't they do that before Obamacare? I guess if you want value for money then you're better off funding healthcare directly like every other country that spends less on healthcare for better results.
    Yes, but now that we have Obamacare the companies get frderal funding as well.