1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 02:53
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/nicholasreimann/2021/03/10/here-are-the-ways-republicans-are-trying-to-restrict-voting-access/?sh=132c344d3eed

Here Are The Ways Republicans Are Trying To Restrict Voting Access

A Florida state Senate committee approved a bill Wednesday that would eliminate mail-in ballot drop boxes in the state, despite bipartisan opposition from local election officials.

Other legislation to limit drop box access has been introduced this year in Pennsylvania, Virginia and Georgia.

Almost half of all bills aimed at restricting access seek to limit mail-in voting, according to the Brennan Center for Justice, including an Arizona bill that would require mail-in ballots to be notarized, bills in four states that would prevent absentee ballot applications from being sent if not requested and a South Carolina bill requiring photo ID to be shown to return a mail-in ballot.

Bills have been introduced in 18 states this year to enact tougher voter ID requirements, among the more extreme being a Mississippi measure that would ban an out-of-state driver's license from being an acceptable form of ID to vote and a New Hampshire bill prohibiting student IDs from being used for voting.

Bills to toughen voter registration have been proposed in at least 13 states, the Brennan Center found, such as a Texas bill that would redirect voter registration authority from local officials to the secretary of state's office, which would review registration to verify citizenship in a joint effort with state law enforcement.
  2. Subscribermy2sons
    Retired
    Missouri
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 03:05
    All good steps to eliminate widespread voter fraud.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 03:321 edit
    @my2sons said
    60 different courts including the Supreme Court, plus Trump's own Attorney General, said there was no "widespread voter fraud".
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 06:25
    @vivify said
    60 different courts including the Supreme Court, plus Trump's own Attorney General, said there was no "widespread voter fraud".
    Beat me to it.
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 06:30
    @my2sons said
    Would it be perfectly okay with you if a law was passed saying only white men can vote?

Why not? That's exactly the direction these states are taking. It's the same idea as boiling a frog gradually by turning the heat up so slowly he doesn't notice.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 Mar '21 06:49

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. Standard membersharkstir828
    Sharkstir828
    New Mexico
    Moves
    18 Mar '21 23:34
    @vivify
    Ya just like chickens have fingers
  8. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 16:23
    @my2sons said
    .And suppress the vote
  9. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 16:25
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    ..Surprisingly enough, WYOMING was the first state to allow women to vote in state elections.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 16:59
    @my2sons
    You have to have proof of voter fraud but there is none and you know that full well.
    The voter fraud issue was started by Trump even before he was elected corrupter in chief.
    Funny how for instance, mail in ballots have been used since the civil war with no problems UNTIL trump decided to SAY there were problems.

There ARE no major problems with mail in votes and the efforts by repubs in many states are pure and simple racist in nature, they want only white folks to be able to vote BECAUSE black and brown votes are predominantly democrat. That is the bottom line, repubs ONLY win by cheating.
    That is why HR1 is so important otherwise we won't have a democracy, only a hypocritical republican authoritarian government run by Moscow Mitch.
  11. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    21 Mar '21 17:52
    @sonhouse said
    @my2sons
    You have to have proof of voter fraud but there is none and you know that full well.
    The voter fraud issue was started by Trump even before he was elected corrupter in chief.
    Funny how for instance, mail in ballots have been used since the civil war with no problems UNTIL trump decided to SAY there were problems.

There ARE no major problems with mail in vote ...[text shortened]... won't have a democracy, only a hypocritical republican authoritarian government run by Moscow Mitch.
    .....It's bigger than that. The (Republican) old white men are afraid of
    the changing demographic of this country...They are afraid of change,
    it is as simple as looking up the definition of 'conservative.'
    ...There are now more Nguyen listed in the Los Angeles phone book
    than there are Jones......The world is changing and the old WASPS
    see their power slipping away...And they are afraid of this new electorate,
    so, instead of advancing new ideas, they obscure and obstruct the
    policies that are inevitable with change...The REPUBLICANS are the main
    offenders and sadly, EISENHOWER REPUBLICANS have been replaced
    with the likes of Newt Gingrich, Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree