Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 16 Nov '16 00:38
    Of the 112 protesters arrested, 69 of them were not registered in Oregon. It may be that some of them came across the river to protest - Vancouver, WA is a little cheaper than Portland - but I doubt it accounts for that many of them.

    So, what exactly are those 69 protesting?

    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news-campaigns/306053-more-than-half-of-protesters-arrested-in-portland
  2. 16 Nov '16 00:57
    Soros funded mercenary protesters?
  3. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    16 Nov '16 01:16 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Of the 112 protesters arrested, 69 of them were not registered in Oregon. It may be that some of them came across the river to protest - Vancouver, WA is a little cheaper than Portland - but I doubt it accounts for that many of them.

    So, what exactly are those 69 protesting?

    http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news-campaigns/306053-more-than-half-of-protesters-arrested-in-portland
    They are all protesting the election of a Republican in a state that has faithfully voted Democrat for as long as I can remember. So yeah, go figure.
    It's a short hop from Vanouver to Portland, so it's likely many of those protesters who decided to join the party are from Vancouver. It's also likely many of those 69 not registered to vote in Oregon were not registered to vote anywhere else.

    I say 'party' because they don't look particularly upset, and most of them seem to be enjoying themselves.
  4. 16 Nov '16 01:22
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Soros funded mercenary protesters?
    I have to say that is one of the lamest conspiracy theories outside of the Illuminati. Do you conservatives have bad dreams about Soros? The obsession with him is beyond ridiculous.
  5. 16 Nov '16 01:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I have to say that is one of the lamest conspiracy theories outside of the Illuminati. Do you conservatives have bad dreams about Soros? The obsession with him is beyond ridiculous.
    Yeah you are right soros does not fund demonstrators.

    You might want to do a google search to see stories stating otherwise
  6. 16 Nov '16 01:29
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Yeah you are rigjt soros does not fund demonstrators
    That's right. He doesn't. That would be lame.
  7. 16 Nov '16 01:32
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    I have to say that is one of the lamest conspiracy theories outside of the Illuminati. Do you conservatives have bad dreams about Soros? The obsession with him is beyond ridiculous.
    He didn't fund the Ukraine coup that unseated a democratic elected government. Your right, your right.
  8. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    16 Nov '16 01:33
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Yeah you are rigjt soros does not fund demonstrators
    LoL

    I laughed so hard my tin foil hat fell offa my head. That's okay, I still have a full roll of aluminium foil around here... somewhere.
  9. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    16 Nov '16 01:37
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    That's right. He doesn't. That would be lame.
    Yeah, for crying out loud, the guy's a billionaire! He's got better things to do, and spend his money on.
  10. 16 Nov '16 01:38
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    That's right. He doesn't. That would be lame.
    Why would that be lame? If you have the money why not use it to bring about the change you want to see?
  11. 16 Nov '16 02:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Why would that be lame? If you have the money why not use it to bring about the change you want to see?
    Because financing protests would be a waste of money - especially in Portland where protest is a way of life for many people.
  12. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    16 Nov '16 02:50
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Because financing protests would be a waste of money - especially in Portland where protest is a way of life for many people.
    True enough. In Portland Soros would be throwing his money away on something that is sure to happen without his help...

    Sad, but true.
  13. 16 Nov '16 02:55
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Because financing protests would be a waste of money - especially in Portland where protest is a way of life for many people.
    Someone has to pay the protesters so it can be a way of life.
  14. 16 Nov '16 03:01
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Someone has to pay the protesters so it can be a way of life.
    They have day jobs. I've literally known hundreds of them. Nobody gets a check from Soros, although some have jokingly sent him bills that never get paid.
  15. 16 Nov '16 03:09 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    They have day jobs. I've literally known hundreds of them. Nobody gets a check from Soros, although some have jokingly sent him bills that never get paid.
    Day jobs while you protest during the day?

    Soros funds different orgaizations that fund the protests. It looks like soros helped finance black lives matter for an example as well as moveon.org