Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 06 Mar '15 12:02
    http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/child-bride-case-man-jailed-for-marrying-12yearold-girl-in-backyard-ceremony-20150306-13xa99.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nc&eid=socialn:twi-13omn1677-edtrl-other:nnn-17/02/2014-edtrs_socialshare-all-nnn-nnn-vars-o&sa=D&usg=ALhdy28zsr6qiq

A Muslim in Australia apparently decided to marry a 12 year old girl.

She had reached puberty. Was this not in following with the example of Mo? Although some Imams refused to marry the two, he eventually found one that would.
  2. 06 Mar '15 12:11
    So now what? Should we be intolerant of Islam and Muslims because things like this happen? what should that intolerance look like?
  3. 06 Mar '15 12:17
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/child-bride-case-man-jailed-for-marrying-12yearold-girl-in-backyard-ceremony-20150306-13xa99.html?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nc&eid=socialn:twi-13omn1677-edtrl-other:nnn-17/02/2014-edtrs_socialshare-all-nnn-nnn-vars-o&sa=D&usg=ALhdy28zsr6qiq

A Muslim in Australia apparently decided to marry a 12 year old gir ...[text shortened]... ample of Mo? Although some Imams refused to marry the two, he eventually found one that would.
    have the westboro baptists stopped screaming at american soldiers' funerals that the deceased, someone who died in service of their country (for whatever reasons), will go to hell?
  4. 06 Mar '15 12:18

A Muslim in Australia apparently decided to marry a 12 year old gir ...[text shortened]... ample of Mo? Although some Imams refused to marry the two, he eventually found one that would.
    have the KKK revised their agenda? are they know filled with love, compassion and decency?
  5. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    06 Mar '15 12:30
    No surprise.

The man is just following his religion's male role model.
  6. 06 Mar '15 12:32
    Originally posted by Seitse
    No surprise.

The man is just following his religion's male role model.
    we don't judge a group of people by what some individuals do. how many muslims do not marry 12 year olds? do you know?
  7. 06 Mar '15 13:56
    In other news, someone with dark eyes did something bad.

Those damn dark-eyed people.
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    06 Mar '15 13:59 / 1 edit

Congratulations you have richly earned this honor:

http://waitingfortips.blogspot.com/2012/04/beating-dead-horse-one-of-my-better.html
  9. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    06 Mar '15 14:03
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    we don't judge a group of people by what some individuals do. how many muslims do not marry 12 year olds? do you know?
    You're missing the point.

It is quite simple: let me sketch you a flow diagram, ok?

1. Mohammed married a child.
    2. Mohammed is the male role model of a religion.
    3. Followers of that religion try to be live according to that role model.

Is the *real* learning from this non-isolated issue now clearer to you?

I can draw it with crayons for you, if not
  10. 06 Mar '15 14:27
    Originally posted by Seitse
    You're missing the point.

It is quite simple: let me sketch you a flow diagram, ok?

1. Mohammed married a child.
    2. Mohammed is the male role model of a religion.
    3. Followers of that religion try to be live according to that role model.

Is the *real* learning from this non-isolated issue now clearer to you?

I can draw it with crayons for you, if not
    In the Bible, Jesus says that if someone asks you for money, you should give it to them. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for the thousand dollars I asked from whodey. I guess people only live by their "role models" when it suits them.
  11. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    06 Mar '15 15:25
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    In the Bible, Jesus says that if someone asks you for money, you should give it to them. Unfortunately, I am still waiting for the thousand dollars I asked from whodey. I guess people only live by their "role models" when it suits them.
    I'll go get my crayons.

Hang in there, kid.
  12. 06 Mar '15 15:27
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    So now what? Should we be intolerant of Islam and Muslims because things like this happen? what should that intolerance look like?
    It depends upon your view of intolerance.

Is it intolerant of Australia to make consenting age above 12 since it seems to be Islam's religious tradition?

Why are they so intolerant?
  13. 06 Mar '15 15:29
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Congratulations you have richly earned this honor:

http://waitingfortips.blogspot.com/2012/04/beating-dead-horse-one-of-my-better.html
    For the record, the child in question had reached puberty, so what exactly is wrong with this again?

Why is there not outrage regarding religious intolerance?

Those here defended Mo by stating that he waited till his 9 year old bride got her pubes, so what is wrong with this exactly?
  14. 06 Mar '15 15:38
    It depends upon your view of intolerance.

Is it intolerant of Australia to make consenting age above 12 since it seems to be Islam's religious tradition?

Why are they so intolerant?
    Simple: the right of the 12 year old outweighs the right of a religious nutcase.

Now, can you answer my question?
  15. Standard member Quarl
    Quarl
    06 Mar '15 17:13
    TOPIC: Muslim married to 12 year old
    “A Muslim in Australia apparently decided to marry a 12 year old girl.”

REBUTTALS:
    "have the westboro baptists stopped screaming at american soldiers' funerals that the deceased, someone who died in service of their country (for whatever reasons), will go to hell?"

"have the KKK revised their agenda? are they know filled with love, compassion and decency?"

"The man is just following his religion's male role model."

"we don't judge a group of people by what some individuals do. how many muslims do not marry 12 year olds? do you know?"

"In other news, someone with dark eyes did something bad.
    Those damn dark-eyed people."

Glaring examples accismus by alogism. Constructing a rebuttal by illogical use of anthypophora. Who in hell actually populates these threads? Absolutely unbelievable.