Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 15 May '10 16:13 / 2 edits
    http://www.cair.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?ArticleID=26379&&currPage=1&&Article=1

CAIR-AZ chairman Anas Hlayhel has spoken out against the new AZ immigration bill. He said, "Its natural for the Muslim community to find this law appalling. The Quran instructs Muslims to stand up against injustice and racism, which this bil seems to advocate. No matter what good this bill claims to bring, we see that its harm will far outweigh its good. We see it as a desperate attempt to legitimize racial profiling in order to hide the failure to pass comprehensive immigration reform. It is a reminder of recent attempts to legitimize racial profiling at airports."

So according to Anas and people who feel the way he does, the Arizona law is nothing but a conduit for racism. Senators such as Senator McCain who support the bill are nothing more than bigoted "Hispanic-phobes". Clearly he is probably right since Senator McCain is an old white rich guy. I just wonder what took him so long to act on his racist tendencies by ignoring illegal immigration for so long. How long has that fossil been in office to date? Anyway, perhaps he was looking at his family album and became sentimental with pictures of his great grandfather dressed in white robes bunring crosses. My guess is, though, he is just trying to protect what is left of his chances for re-election in 2010 because conservatives are fed up with the guy.

I will give him some credit, however, at least he recognizes that the source of this is the failure of the federal government to act. No one, and I mean no one, EVER argues otherwise.

And lastly, does anyone here object to additional background checks on individuals that you may fly with in the future who are from Pakistan or Yemen?
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    15 May '10 16:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.cair.com/ArticleDetails.aspx?ArticleID=26379&&currPage=1&&Article=1

CAIR-AZ chairman Anas Hlayhel has spoken out against the new AZ immigration bill. He said, "Its natural for the Muslim community to find this law appalling. The Quran instructs Muslims to stand up against injustice and racism, which this bil seems to advocate. No matter what ...[text shortened]... nd checks on individuals that you may fly with in the future who are from Pakistan or Yemen?
    LMAO!!!! McCain was your hero in 2008 when he "courageously" rushed back to Washington to avoid the first debate with Obama because he was so urgently needed to pass legislation that would throw money to Wall Street banks.
    How times have changed!
  3. 15 May '10 16:28
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    LMAO!!!! McCain was your hero in 2008 when he "courageously" rushed back to Washington to avoid the first debate with Obama because he was so urgently needed to pass legislation that would throw money to Wall Street banks.
    How times have changed!
    Care to say ANYTHING about my post that is substantive?
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    15 May '10 16:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    Care to say ANYTHING about my post that is substantive?
    Care to post something substantive? The OP certainly isn't.