Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 07:32
    @kazetnagorra said
    In the American electoral system, it would be the Democratic candidate. Hillary Clinton campaigned specifically on repealing Citizens United, something you voted against by voting for Jill Stein in the 2016 presidential election.
    Are you claiming Jill Stein didn't campaign specifically on repealing Citizens United? She did.

https://www.ontheissues.org/2016/Jill_Stein_Government_Reform.htm
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 07:33
    @jimm619 said
    @Metal-Brain...Hey my friend from 'The Great White North',
    do you have an inkling that this 'DARK MONEY, was perpetuated
    by OUR(!) 'Supreme Court' in the 'Citizens United' case? Even the slower
    students who got A FREE EDUCATION, from the Canadian government have figured out this 'NO BRAINER'......DUH....What did you major in?....Phys Ed?
    I am aware.

3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 07:35
    @sonhouse said
    @Metal-Brain
    https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/12/us/politics/swing-state-trump-regrets.html

AB foundation is just short for American bridge.
    And there are a LOT of AB foundations BTW, just google it and you will find them. None of which have anything to due with the coming American presidential elections.
    A political ad should have the full name. No exceptions.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 07:37
    @metal-brain said
    Are you claiming Jill Stein didn't campaign specifically on repealing Citizens United? She did.

Regardless of what she pretended to campaign on, in the American political system a vote for her was equivalent to a vote for the winner - Donald Trump.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    04 Dec '19 08:02
    @kazetnagorra said
    Regardless of what she pretended to campaign on, in the American political system a vote for her was equivalent to a vote for the winner - Donald Trump.
    So I should let poll numbers determine who I vote for? Why vote at all? Just let poll numbers decide elections. Do you think that is a good idea?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 00:10
    @Metal-Brain
    The American election system is so fukked up right now a LOTTERY would make for better govenness.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 10:15
    @metal-brain said
    So I should let poll numbers determine who I vote for? Why vote at all? Just let poll numbers decide elections. Do you think that is a good idea?
    I think it is a good idea to reform the American electoral system, and until that happens you have to deal with the situation as it is - a two-party system where voting third-party is equal to voting for the winner. You knew the race was between Clinton and Trump and until you humbly, deeply and incessantly apologize for your incorrect vote you will be constantly criticized by every member of the upper echelon of society.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 16:31
    @kazetnagorra said
    I think it is a good idea to reform the American electoral system, and until that happens you have to deal with the situation as it is - a two-party system where voting third-party is equal to voting for the winner. You knew the race was between Clinton and Trump and until you humbly, deeply and incessantly apologize for your incorrect vote you will be constantly criticized by every member of the upper echelon of society.
    Run-off voting is something I have always wanted in my country. The establishment does not want it though. They would rather rig the elections by promoting the very thing you are complaining about.
  9. Germany
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 16:52
    @metal-brain said
    Run-off voting is something I have always wanted in my country. The establishment does not want it though. They would rather rig the elections by promoting the very thing you are complaining about.
    Run-off voting is definitely an improvement over the current situation - sadly, the only way it can realistically happen (barring a revolution or collapse of the system) is by getting the right candidates through the Democratic primaries.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 17:05
    @kazetnagorra said
    Run-off voting is definitely an improvement over the current situation - sadly, the only way it can realistically happen (barring a revolution or collapse of the system) is by getting the right candidates through the Democratic primaries.
    How did France and other countries implement run-off voting?
  11. Germany
    Moves
    07 Dec '19 22:47
    @metal-brain said
    How did France and other countries implement run-off voting?
    They had a referendum on whether to make the president directly elected in 1962, as far as I know they implemented run-off voting at this point. Prior to the start of the Fifth Republic (1958), the president did not have much power.
  12. Joined
    09 Jan '19
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 01:45
    So this AB group is running anti-Trump ads?? That's illegal! It's influencing the election

We saw in 2016 what happens when you put out negative information on candidate Clinton. This has to be stopped
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 15:19
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Yep, ESPECIALLY if it is an anti TRUMP ad. Anti BIDEN ads, fine, Anti Sanders, WAY OK. But if you attack my GOD TRUMP, you are history.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    08 Dec '19 19:06
    @sonhouse said
    @Earl-of-Trumps
    Yep, ESPECIALLY if it is an anti TRUMP ad. Anti BIDEN ads, fine, Anti Sanders, WAY OK. But if you attack my GOD TRUMP, you are history.
    I think he was being sarcastic.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Dec '19 02:05
    @Metal-Brain

Nope, he doesn't do sarcasm.