Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 18 Aug '12 01:24
    Now the Navy SEALS are speaking up, something My nephew did several years back, for which I was chastised by FMF for. Speaking up against your commander in Chief seems to be the wrong thing to do?
    stick it FMF..
  2. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    18 Aug '12 01:28
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Now the Navy SEALS are speaking up, something My nephew did several years back, for which I was chastised by FMF for. Speaking up against your commander in Chief seems to be the wrong thing to do?
    stick it FMF..
    Servicemen and servicewomen criticizing their C-in-C seems wrong to me, especially if the "speaking up against" him is politically motivated, although I realize that to a degree their rights, in terms of free speech, are protected. What are the Navy SEALS you are referring to "speaking up" about?
  3. 18 Aug '12 01:37
    Originally posted by FMF
    Servicemen and servicewomen criticizing their C-in-C seems wrong to me, especially if the "speaking up against" him is politically motivated, although I realize that to a degree their rights, in terms of free speech, are protected. What are the Navy SEALS you are referring to "speaking up" about?
    I don't know the latest, but Marc Cooper of The Nation reported that a swift-boating repeat is being planned against Obama around the Bin Laden killing. Hopefully, Obama keeps his cool better than Kerry.
  4. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    18 Aug '12 01:42
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Speaking up against your commander in Chief seems to be the wrong thing to do?
    What are you referring to? Is it as Kunsoo suggests it might be, a planned "swift-boating repeat [...] against Obama around the Bin Laden killing"? Does it involve people who are still serving in uniform?
  5. 18 Aug '12 01:49 / 2 edits
    http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2012/08/effort_to_swift_boat_obama_is.html

    And no, the criticism of Obama's handling of Bin Laden's killing is not coming from anyone who was actually involved.

    I think this one will backfire, potentially very badly for Republicans. Romney had better keep well away from it.
  6. 18 Aug '12 02:18
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2012/08/effort_to_swift_boat_obama_is.html

    And no, the criticism of Obama's handling of Bin Laden's killing is not coming from anyone who was actually involved.

    I think this one will backfire, potentially very badly for Republicans. Romney had better keep well away from it.
    I hope it backfires because it is really low. The folks leading and providing the payroll for the republican effort are real scum.
  7. 18 Aug '12 03:58
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    I hope it backfires because it is really low. The folks leading and providing the payroll for the republican effort are real scum.
    They clearly haven't read George Lakoff. It will just bring attention and discussion about Bin Laden's death, and there's a considerable about of discussion to be had about the changes Panetta made which probably made the difference.
  8. 18 Aug '12 04:09 / 1 edit
    “There’s a number of groups out there,” Mr. Zinke told Politicker this morning. “I think what it demonstrates is, there’s a lot of anger, there’s a lot of concern among the former military community.”

    Mr. Zinke said he believes these feelings of anger were fueled by a series of White House leaks and an Obama campaign commercial featuring President Bill Clinton that questioned whether Mr. Romney would have ordered the SEAL Team Six raid that killed Bin Laden.

    “I think there is huge concern that the administration is using and continues to leak class documents for less than–well, for political gain,” said Mr. Zinke. “I think when the commercial came out with President Clinton and President Obama, and they talked about the political ramifications of failure, they didn’t talk about the families that would be left without a father. They talked about political consequences—that was a bridge too far.”

    Mr. Zinke also pointed to White House leaks about the Bin Laden raid to a pair of filmmakers who are making a movie about the operation as something that was upsetting to military personnel.

    “There’s a lot of reasons you can release classified information, a lot of justifiable reasons, but making a movie for political gain isn’t one of them,” Mr. Zinke said.

    According to Mr. Zinke, there are currently at least four other anti-Obama groups made up of former elite military operatives: Special Operations Speaks, Veterans for a Strong America, Special Operations OPSEC Education Fund Inc. and his group, Special Operations for America. He said he expects that number to climb. Because active-duty soldiers are barred from engaging in political activity, Mr. Zinke believes it is especially important for retired military personnel to speak up.

    Narcissistic a--hole=Barak Obama.....
    My nephew said the same thing about him years ago, now the truth is out.... No respect from the military whether spoken, or not.

    go to Marcus Luttrell's Facebook page, and ask him.. simple enough..
  9. 18 Aug '12 04:12
    Originally posted by kbear1k
    I hope it backfires because it is really low. The folks leading and providing the payroll for the republican effort are real scum.
    ex special forces,, are speaking up dumbo.... they are mad because things they do, are being leaked out.. DOH..
  10. 18 Aug '12 04:14
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    http://blog.nj.com/njv_editorial_page/2012/08/effort_to_swift_boat_obama_is.html

    And no, the criticism of Obama's handling of Bin Laden's killing is not coming from anyone who was actually involved.

    I think this one will backfire, potentially very badly for Republicans. Romney had better keep well away from it.
    how exactly can it back fire? things have been said, that should not have been said, tactics are well publicized, and that doesn't compromise how we operate,,?
  11. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    18 Aug '12 04:15
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    Mr. Zinke also pointed to White House leaks about the Bin Laden raid to a pair of filmmakers who are making a movie about the operation as something that was upsetting to military personnel.
    Hasn't the military, in fact, worked closely with filmmakers since 9/11 on many occasions? It has been much commented upon. Did "military personnel" protest this collaboration in the last 10 years? Wouldn't most Americans like to see a film about the operation that eliminated Osama bin Laden?

    Is Mr. Zinke a serving Navy SEAL?
  12. 18 Aug '12 04:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Servicemen and servicewomen criticizing their C-in-C seems wrong to me, especially if the "speaking up against" him is politically motivated, although I realize that to a degree their rights, in terms of free speech, are protected. What are the Navy SEALS you are referring to "speaking up" about?
    tactics being revealed, and the political use of the raid.... wondering if Romney would have ordered it.....
    Obama had nothing to loose as compared to those men on the ground.. my nephew was right, he is no leader...
  13. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    18 Aug '12 04:17
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    ex special forces,, are speaking up dumbo.... they are mad because things they do, are being leaked out.. DOH..
    Your "ex special forces" are leaking out the things they do in books, autobiographies, films and TV programmes all the time.
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    18 Aug '12 04:18
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    tactics being revealed, and the political use of the raid.... wondering if Romney would have ordered it.....
    Obama had nothing to loose as compared to those men on the ground.. my nephew was right, he is no leader...
    Shouldn't serving officers make their concerns known through the chain of military command?
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    18 Aug '12 04:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    how exactly can it back fire?
    Perhaps because Obama's handling of Bin Laden's killing is something the American people approve of. It may not be good retail politics for the Mr. Zinkes of this world to go after him on this issue. It may energize freerepublic.com types, but I can't see it having much traction with swing voters.