Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 04:08
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/07/netanyahu-vows-to-annexe-jewish-settlements-in-occupied-west-bank

"Netanyahu vows to annex Jewish settlements in occupied West Bank"

"“Israel will continue to brazenly violate international law for as long as
    the international community will continue to reward Israel with impunity,
    particularly with the Trump administration’s support and endorsement
    of Israel’s violation of the national and human rights of the people of Palestine."
    --Saeb Erekat

I have long said that Israel's continuing expansion has made the
    fetishized 'two state solution' impracticable. The Palestinians would
    be handed (at most) a miserable Bantustan devoid of resources.
  2. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 07:00
    @duchess64 said
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/07/netanyahu-vows-to-annexe-jewish-settlements-in-occupied-west-bank

particularly with the Trump administr ...[text shortened]... practicable. The Palestinians would
    Israel had to wake up and smell the ethic cleansing... they might, then, sniff the stench of their own hypocrisy.
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 15:391 edit
    @duchess64 said

particularly with the Trump administr ...[text shortened]... practicable. The Palestinians would
    Your proposed one state solution where Israelis and Palestinians are given equal political rights is even more impracticable. How do you propose to convince the majority of Israelis to support it?

EDIT: And the majority of Palestinians for that matter; there's even less support for it among them then there is among Israelis. http://www.pcpsr.org/en/node/731
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 15:51
    @shavixmir said
    Israel had to wake up and smell the ethic cleansing... they might, then, sniff the stench of their own hypocrisy.
    For some odd reason, I'm thinking they can still smell the stench from the Nazi ovens in Europe.

In fact, it was centuries of abuse in Europe these poor people had to endure from your kind.

If I were an Israeli, my last stand would be in Masada.

It's a fight to the death and they know it. Just look around at their neighbors like in the Sudan and Syria. Nothing but REAL ethnic cleansing and genocide, not the fake stuff talked about in the liberal media.
  5. Germany
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:00
    @whodey said
    In fact, it was centuries of abuse in Europe these poor people had to endure from your kind.
    Does that mean you sympathize with "African Americans" in the United States because of what they had to endure from "your kind"?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:06
    @kazetnagorra said
    Does that mean you sympathize with "African Americans" in the United States because of what they had to endure from "your kind"?
    My kind came from Europe.

Imagine that.

But before we go condemning all white Americans for slavery, keep in mind that these same white Americans broke rank with each other and fought a bloody war to free blacks while killing their own brothers to do it.

At least 'my kind" seems to have a conscience and even came over to Europe to kick the arse of "your kind" to free the Jews as well.

Thanks for playing.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:07
    @whodey said
    For some odd reason, I'm thinking they can still smell the stench from the Nazi ovens in Europe.

If I were an Israeli, my last stand would be in Masada.

It's a fight to the death and they know it. Just look around at their neighbors like in the Sudan and Syria. Nothing but REAL ethnic cleansing and genocide, not the fake stuff talked about in the liberal media.
    If it's a "fight to the death" as you put it, shouldn't they just murder all Palestinians (and Israeli Arabs just to be on the safe side)?
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:091 edit
    @whodey said
    My kind came from Europe.

Imagine that.

But before we go condemning all white Americans for slavery, keep in mind that these same white Americans broke rank with each other and fought a bloody war to free blacks while killing their own brothers to do it.

At least 'my kind" seems to have a conscience and even came over to Europe to kick the arse of "your kind" to free the Jews as well.

Thanks for playing.
    You know, and have stated here many times, that the Civil War was not fought to "free blacks".

Nor was WWII a war to "free the Jews".

EDIT: It would be accurate to say the CSA fought a bloody war to maintain and expand slavery while the US fought a bloody war to preserve the Union.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:10
    @no1marauder said
    If it's a "fight to the death" as you put it, shouldn't they just murder all Palestinians (and Israeli Arabs just to be on the safe side)?
    Because they are not Muslim or European?.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:112 edits
    @no1marauder said
    You know, and have stated here many times, that the Civil War was not fought to "free blacks".

Nor was WWII a war to "free the Jews".
    The war was a power struggle over issues surrounding slavery.

I did mention that Lincoln and company were willing to sell out and make slavery legal to avoid a split, that much is true.

As for the US coming to save the Jews, from what I heard FDR turned away a great many Jews, so I don't think that was a priority. Nonetheless, without the US they would have all died.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/history/us-government-turned-away-thousands-jewish-refugees-fearing-they-were-nazi-spies-180957324/
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:13
    @whodey said
    The war was a power struggle over issues surrounding slavery.

I did mention that Lincoln and company were willing to sell out and make slavery legal to avoid a split, that much is true.

As for the US coming to save the Jews, from what I heard FDR turned away a great many Jews, so I don't think that was a priority. Nonetheless, without the US they would have all died.
    Slavery was already legal, so your claim is false.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:15
    @no1marauder said
    Slavery was already legal, so your claim is false.
    What I meant to say was making it a Constitutional right.

You know what I meant, we have discussed it at length, yet you always feel the need to twist my words as best you can.

I reckon everyone needs a hobby.
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:151 edit
    @whodey said
    Because they are not Muslim or European?.
    So Israeli Jews have superior morality to Europeans and Muslims?

You regard their present policies towards Palestinians as evincing a high degree of morality?
  14. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:18
    @whodey said
    What I meant to say was making it a Constitutional right.

You know what I meant, we have discussed it at length, yet you always feel the need to twist my words as best you can.

I reckon everyone needs a hobby.
    Sure we've discussed it and I've shown the claim was false many times. The only thing Lincoln was willing to agree to was an unnecessary amendment stating existing Constitutional law. It would have changed nothing but was offered as a sop to those seeking some face saving way out for secessionists.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 16:18
    @no1marauder said
    So Israeli Jews have superior morality to Europeans and Muslims?

You regard their present policies towards Palestinians as evincing a high degree of morality?
    No, I'm merely getting Europeans off their high horse.

I have no obsession with race like they do, but I talk in such ways because it is the only way to relate to them

It would be like talking to Adolf Hitler. Without discussing a persons race Hitler would have no point of reference in which to make sense of a conversation.