Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 18 Oct '14 03:01 / 1 edit
    http://news.yahoo.com/obama-taps-former-biden-aide-ron-klain-as--ebola-czar-144859279.html

    Obama has appointed a all new Ebola czar named Ron Klan.

    I have to commend the President on this one. He sees that he is in over his head, along with a CDC. For it is the CDC that assured the American public that they had everything under control, that is, before 2 nurse became infected. Also, one nurse who was exposed asked the CDC if she could travel on a plane and was told she could, only to find out later she was infected and had exposed the entire plane full of people to Ebola.

    So who is Ron Klan? He is a Washington insider who oversaw the implementation of the 2009 stimulus package that Obama said would generate millions of jobs and prevent the unemployment rate to go above 8%. (face palm)

    Well, so much for giving Obama props. It's just politics as usual. Just have the same clueless group of individuals run the world.
  2. 18 Oct '14 03:22
    And the Czar will report directly to Susan Rice. We'll be safe now.
  3. 18 Oct '14 03:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://news.yahoo.com/obama-taps-former-biden-aide-ron-klain-as--ebola-czar-144859279.html

    Obama has appointed a all new Ebola czar named Ron Klan.

    I have to commend the President on this one. He sees that he is in over his head, along with a CDC. For it is the CDC that assured the American public that they had everything under control, that is, befor ...[text shortened]... It's just politics as usual. Just have the same clueless group of individuals run the world.
    After propping up the stock market by the plunge protection team, stock prices are overvalued and it only makes sense to sell them before the bubble pops. Once the selling starts it will be difficult to stop it when they want to.

    Ebola is the perfect scapegoat for a market crash. Then they can say "it isn't economic reality that caused the stock selloff, it is ebola!".

    Then later they will swoop in and buy stocks after they have scared everybody out of the market....and the market manipulations will continue until the people say "stop! we are wise to the rigged market and we will not allow it anymore".
  4. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    18 Oct '14 03:45
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    After propping up the stock market by the plunge protection team, stock prices are overvalued and it only makes sense to sell them before the bubble pops. Once the selling starts it will be difficult to stop it when they want to.

    Ebola is the perfect scapegoat for a market crash. Then they can say "it isn't economic reality that caused the stock sello ...[text shortened]... until the people say "stop! we are wise to the rigged market and we will not allow it anymore".
    What's propping up the market is QE. The long term driver for price reductions is the prospect of it being unwound. The Ebola outbreak is acting as a trigger, it is not acting as a driver. In any case the only people likely to be fooled by such a "scapegoating" probably aren't market players.
  5. 18 Oct '14 12:58
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    What's propping up the market is QE. The long term driver for price reductions is the prospect of it being unwound. The Ebola outbreak is acting as a trigger, it is not acting as a driver. In any case the only people likely to be fooled by such a "scapegoating" probably aren't market players.
    It is not just QE.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Working_Group_on_Financial_Markets

    "In any case the only people likely to be fooled by such a "scapegoating" probably aren't market players."

    The Working Group on Financial Markets does not even want people to know about it and how they manipulate markets. How many market players know the market is rigged? They are already fooled. Apparently you are too.
  6. 19 Oct '14 00:24
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    What's propping up the market is QE. The long term driver for price reductions is the prospect of it being unwound. The Ebola outbreak is acting as a trigger, it is not acting as a driver. In any case the only people likely to be fooled by such a "scapegoating" probably aren't market players.
    The crash will be blamed on free trade and capitalism, even though the current system is anything but now.

    Then they will swoop in like a knight in shining amour and declare a complete takeover of all economic systems.

    Then poof!! It will all be magically fixed once we surrender what little freedoms we have left.
  7. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    19 Oct '14 01:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    The crash will be blamed on free trade and capitalism, even though the current system is anything but now.

    Then they will swoop in like a knight in shining amour and declare a complete takeover of all economic systems.

    Then poof!! It will all be magically fixed once we surrender what little freedoms we have left.
    Well it's a capitalist system that will have the market crash. But I wonder, who are the "they" that will ride in like knights?
  8. 19 Oct '14 01:12
    Originally posted by TheBloop
    And the Czar will report directly to Susan Rice. We'll be safe now.
    Number 2 of Michael Savage's four horsewomen of the apocalypse.
  9. 19 Oct '14 19:27
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Well it's a capitalist system that will have the market crash. But I wonder, who are the "they" that will ride in like knights?
    The same people that oversaw its crash.
  10. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    20 Oct '14 03:45
    Originally posted by whodey
    The same people that oversaw its crash.
    You mean the lizard-people?
  11. 20 Oct '14 05:40
    We need government out of our lives... and much stricter federal regulation of financial markets.

    In whodey-land, it must all make sense.
  12. 20 Oct '14 14:39
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    We need government out of our lives... and much stricter federal regulation of financial markets.

    In whodey-land, it must all make sense.
    No, what we need is for everyone to be behind bars. They will all share everything and eat the same foods and work the same jobs and make the same money and wear the same cloths, and everyone is safe and secure with equality in all its utopia.
  13. 20 Oct '14 15:02
    Originally posted by whodey
    No, what we need is for everyone to be behind bars. They will all share everything and eat the same foods and work the same jobs and make the same money and wear the same cloths, and everyone is safe and secure with equality in all its utopia.
    Well, if there ever is a danger that the global supply of ridiculous straw men will run out, there is always the depository left by you on RHP.
  14. 20 Oct '14 16:18
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Well, if there ever is a danger that the global supply of ridiculous straw men will run out, there is always the depository left by you on RHP.
    All that can be known is that the problems that arise in society are based upon freedoms we enjoy, such as free trade.

    Only through regulation can we achieve utopia.
  15. 20 Oct '14 16:25
    Originally posted by whodey
    All that can be known is that the problems that arise in society are based upon freedoms we enjoy, such as free trade.

    Only through regulation can we achieve utopia.
    And only weeks ago you were criticizing American free trade agreements. How many personalities do you have?