Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 21 Mar '13 18:18
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/new-report-48-percent-first-children-born-unwed-mothers

I'd say the natural result of the direction liberals want our society to head. It has negative results for children and the future of our country.
  2. 21 Mar '13 18:37
    The report the article cites seems to disagree with your assessment. Instead, it says:
    Americans of all classes are postponing marriage to their late twenties and thirties for two main reasons, one economic and the other cultural. Young adults are taking longer to finish their education and stabilize their work lives. Culturally, young adults have increasingly come to see marriage as a “capstone” rather than a “cornerstone”—that is, something they do after they have all their other ducks in a row, rather than a foundation for launching into adulthood and parenthood.

But this capstone model is not working well for Middle Americans. One widely discussed reason for this is that Middle American men are having difficulty finding decent-paying, stable work capable of supporting a family. Another less understood reason is that the capstone model is silent about the connection between marriage and childbearing.

Looking through some of the data, it seems Northern European countries have a particularly high percentage of children born from unwed mothers, while the percentage is lower in Greece and Italy. I can see why you would want the US to be more like the latter rather than the former.
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    21 Mar '13 18:38
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://cnsnews.com/news/article/new-report-48-percent-first-children-born-unwed-mothers

I'd say the natural result of the direction liberals want our society to head. It has negative results for children and the future of our country.
    The fathers of these bastards are very often wealthy men.
  4. 21 Mar '13 19:07
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The report the article cites seems to disagree with your assessment. Instead, it says:
    [quote]Americans of all classes are postponing marriage to their late twenties and thirties for two main reasons, one economic and the other cultural. Young adults are taking longer to finish their education and stabilize their work lives. Culturally, young adults ha ...[text shortened]... nd Italy. I can see why you would want the US to be more like the latter rather than the former.
    How is the cultural any different than what I said?

What did the article say about the number of kids being raised by single mothers?
  5. 21 Mar '13 19:11
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    [quote]Americans of all classes are postponing marriage to their late twenties and thirties for two main reasons, one economic and the other cultural. Young adults are taking longer to finish their education and stabilize their work lives. Culturally, young adults ha ...[text shortened]... nd Italy. I can see why you would want the US to be more like the latter rather than the former.
    Every study of single parent children indicates they have serious disadvantages. Why try to reinvent human culture?
  6. 21 Mar '13 19:12
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The fathers of these bastards are very often wealthy men.
    How often? In my experience, the girls from the hood were knockin' boots with the boyz in the hood. A girl who gets knocked up by a rich guy can usually make pretty nice child support arrangements.
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    21 Mar '13 19:31 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    How often? In my experience, the girls from the hood were knockin' boots with the boyz in the hood. A girl who gets knocked up by a rich guy can usually make pretty nice child support arrangements.
    The (desperate impoverished) girls choose to be impregnated by rich men to get money but they usually find they cant prove it in court and the man denies it.

did we all forget how most moms (referenced in these articles) become single moms? Right, at one point there was a man... and then there wasn't. But for some reason (which infuriates me), the headlines don't typically frame the story that way.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobileweb/cara-lemieux/single-mothers-arent-the-problem_b_2537164.html

And yes poor guys can get some action if they have game but its the money that drives most sex. Poor guys are lucky to get a small taste of the hedonism that rich men flaunt.
  8. 21 Mar '13 19:43
    The (desperate impoverished) girls choose to be impregnated by rich men to get money but they usually find they cant prove it in court and the man denies it.

did we all forget how most moms (referenced in these articles) become single moms? Right, at one point there was a man... and then there wasn't. But for some reason (which infuriates m ...[text shortened]... fingtonpost.com/mobileweb/cara-lemieux/single-mothers-arent-the-problem_b_2537164.html
    It is impossible to deny paternity due to DNA.
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    21 Mar '13 19:45
    It is impossible to deny paternity due to DNA.
    The men wont give samples
  10. 21 Mar '13 20:01
    The men wont give samples
    Ever hear of court orders?
  11. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    21 Mar '13 20:04
    Ever hear of court orders?
    I doubt the government can compel people to provide DNA samples.
  12. 21 Mar '13 20:30
    The girls choose to be impregnated by rich men to get money but they usually find they cant prove it in court and the man denies it.
    Girls definitely go after rich guys.

But this has more to do with trash culture that is spread by the liberals.
  13. Standard member Soothfast
    22 Mar '13 00:10

What percentage of children were born to unwed mothers 12,000 years ago, I wonder?
  14. 22 Mar '13 00:20

A few years back, upwards of 80% of all children born in some urban areas were to unwed mothers.
  15. 22 Mar '13 02:20

The liberal agenda has been quite successful. Dope smoking and irresponsibility rules!!!!!