Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 12:501 edit
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/15/politics/new-york-daily-news-cruz-cover/index.html

Sounds like a threat to me.

Should we put those who publish the New York Times on a no fly list?
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 12:53
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/15/politics/new-york-daily-news-cruz-cover/index.html

Sounds like a threat to me.
    That the New York Daily News, idiot.

If you'd ever seen a NYDN you'd know that it is a tabloid with quite "colorful" headlines on the cover.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 12:56
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That the New York Daily News, idiot.

If you'd ever seen a NYDN you'd know that it is a tabloid with quite "colorful" headlines on the cover.
    Regardless, it sounds like they want to do Ted Cruz some harm.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 12:59
    Perhaps you should take some English classes. They might be able to tell you what "drop dead" means. Spoiler alert: when someone tells someone else to "drop dead" they generally do not proceed to inflict mortal harm to that other person.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 13:022 edits
    This retort from the said news source is probably due to Cruz questioning the moral fiber of those in New York in the last Presidential debate.

Ted can now write off votes from New York, but then, was he really going to get votes from them anyway? No.

What the far left does not understand is that this type of press only strengthens Cruz. In fact, the more the press and the establishment attack Cruz the stronger he becomes and the more publicity he obtains.

Why? It is because the country continues to circle the drain and Cruz has positioned himself to be the benefactor. He may not win this go round, but perhaps the next.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 13:03
    Of course, they are referring to Cruz's blunder in the last debate when he sneered at Trump as an example of "New York values". Trump had a crushing rejoinder:

"When the World Trade Centers came down, I saw something that no place on Earth could have handled more beautifully, more humanely, than New York," Trump said. "We rebuilt downtown Manhattan, and everybody in the world watched. And everybody in the world loved New York and loved New Yorkers. I have to tell you, that was a very insulting statement that Ted made."

http://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2016-01-15/trump-s-closing-argument-concludes-most-complete-debate-performance-yet

Ouch. The great debater Cruz got owned on that one.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 13:043 edits
    Of course, they are referring to Cruz's blunder in the last debate when he sneered at Trump as an example of "New York values". Trump had a crushing rejoinder:

"When the World Trade Centers came down, I saw something that no place on Earth could have handled more beautifully, more humanely, than New York," Trump said. "We rebuilt downtown Manhattan, ...[text shortened]... udes-most-complete-debate-performance-yet

Ouch. The great debater Cruz got owned on that one.
    On the surface it may seem that Trump landed a blow. However, give the country 4 years with either Hillary or Trump and Cruz will have positioned himself closer to the Oval Office.

Trump embodies New York. He is loud, arrogant, and a Progressive.

Much of what Cruz has done in the past seemed to most as career suicide. However, Cruz thinks outside the box. He is far more intelligent than Trump, and for that matter, the rest of the GOP candidates.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 13:101 edit
    On the surface it may seem that Trump landed a blow. However, give the country 4 years with either Hillary or Trump and Cruz will have positioned himself closer to the Oval Office.

Much of what Cruz has done in the past seemed to most as career suicide. However, Cruz thinks outside th ...[text shortened]... ox. He is far more intelligent than Trump, and for that matter, the rest of the GOP candidates.
    Cruz isn't as loud, but he's probably even more arrogant. That's rather untypical for a Canadian (except when they are talking hockey).

Mr. Intelligent walked himself right into a verbal ass kick.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 13:141 edit
    Cruz isn't as loud, but he's probably even more arrogant. That's rather untypical for a Canadian (except when they are talking hockey).

Mr. Intelligent walked himself right into a verbal ass kick.
    If I were Cruz, I would make it more of a point to distance myself from the Trump Prog train wreck.

What may look like an ass kicking may be just sacrificing a chess piece for a greater advantage.
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 13:55

Much of what Cruz has done in the past seemed to most as career suicide. However, Cruz thinks outside th ...[text shortened]... ox. He is far more intelligent than Trump, and for that matter, the rest of the GOP candidates.
    He's up the anus of Goldman Sachs and the other Wall Street boys who gave him big loans for his first Senate run.https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/mr-cruzs-wall-street-hypocrisy/2016/01/14/e9fc5570-bafc-11e5-b682-4bb4dd403c7d_story.html

A true Populist Man of the People.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 16:442 edits
    If I were Cruz, I would make it more of a point to distance myself from the Trump Prog train wreck.

What may look like an ass kicking may be just sacrificing a chess piece for a greater advantage.
    Cruz got another ass kicking when he turned down Trump's advice on the Canadian birther problem by refusing to take advice from Trump and in the process turning down a possible position as Trump's Vice President. Rubio also gave Cruz a tongue lashing concerning his flip flops on his votes, even though Rubio often failed to show up to vote. 😏
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 17:391 edit
    Here's the full quote from the Donald:

New York is a great place. It’s got great people, it’s got loving people, wonderful people. When the World Trade Center came down, I saw something that no place on Earth could have handled more beautifully, more humanely than New York. You had two one hundred—you had two one-hundred-and-ten-story buildings come crashing down. I saw them come down. Thousands of people killed, and the cleanup started the next day. And it was the most horrific cleanup, probably in the history of doing this, and in construction. I was down there, and I’ve never seen anything like it. And the people in New York fought and fought and fought, and we saw more death, and even the smell of death—nobody understood it. And it was with us for months, the smell, the air. And we rebuilt downtown Manhattan, and everybody in the world watched, and everybody in the world loved New York and loved New Yorkers. And I have to tell you, that was a very insulting statement that Ted made.

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-cassidy/only-republican-voters-can-stop-donald-trump-now

I must admit that I did not think he had it in him to make such an eloquent statement. Maybe it was rehearsed, but it sure didn't look that way. He seemed heartfelt and (gulp!)sincere.

I don't know how it will play with Republican primary voters (maybe they all hate New York like Cruz was banking on) but to me it seemed almost like a "You're no Jack Kennedy" moment.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 21:463 edits
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Cruz got another ass kicking when he turned down Trump's advice on the Canadian birther problem by refusing to take advice from Trump and in the process turning down a possible position as Trump's Vice President. Rubio also gave Cruz a tongue lashing concerning his flip flops on his votes, even though Rubio often failed to show up to vote. 😏
    Cruz got his jabs in as well. He commented how Trump was now interested in Cruz being able to Constitutionally become President even though he was born in Canada. Cruz promptly pointed out that Trump had previously not been concerned with it, but now has changed his tune since Cruz was now up in the polls. Of course, at first the Donald denied this fact, but then relented and pretty much admitted to as much.

No, the Donald cares nothing for the Constitution. The Donald is a first class Prog who's only ambition in life is to "get things done" no matter the cost or violation to the Constitution. The Donald would gladly violate the Constitution as FDR did when imprisoning Japanese Americans, or at least, said he would debate the act as to whether it was in his best interest.

As for myself, I say that Cruz being born in Canada does disqualify him, but I also find it odd that McCain was also not born in the US, yet there did not seem to be any grumbling about the Prog McCain running. That's because Progs are hypocrites.

Most would probably think I'm all for Cruz, but I'm not. I'm just issuing a warning of what is to come. Mark my words, as the country continues to circle the drain, Cruz will become stronger and Cruz will soon be in your future because he has doubled down that this will happen. You can bank on it. As for the Constitutionality of him being President, I think you will find that no one much cares about the Constitution any more.

Some day people will finally get it. The Federal government is out of control and becomes more despotic every year. When will people understand that there is no knight in shining armor coming to save us. It's not Cruz, it's not the Donald, it's not the Hillary, and it's not even Bernie (I only own one pair of underwear and I'll make everything free once the government takes it over) Sanders.

The Article V movement is our only hope to bring sanity back to the political process. The federal government has no capacity to restrain itself or reform itself.
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 21:56
    Trump is a NE liberal who wants to come off as a Conservative. He was called on it using his own words and people get upset.
  15. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    16 Jan '16 22:19

Theorem:

If x = whodey, then

Brain Dead < x < Imbecile.