Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    17 May '18 11:34
    The lickspittle Nikki Haley will go down in history
    as a disgusting excuse for an ambassador.

How is walking out from a debate impartial or statesmanlike?

Shocking.
  2. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    17 May '18 11:38
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59

Shocking.
    Did you say that "between your teeth" as she does? Or were you being serious?
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    17 May '18 12:15

Shocking.
    The question should be...what is a Palestinian doing at a UN meeting?
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 May '18 19:501 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople to Wolfgang59
    The question should be...what is a Palestinian doing at a UN meeting?
    The pro-Israeli troll Mott-the-Hoopie shows ignorance of the fact that there has been a
    Palestinian representative (not always the same person) at the UN for several decades.

I can still remember Ambassador Terzi, a Palestinian Christian (who died in 2006).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuhdi_Labib_Terzi
    "Zuhdi Labib Terzi ...served as the first Palestinian Ambassador to the United Nations."

"Terzi, dubbed a Knight of the Holy Sepulchre by the Patriarch of Jerusalem, was born to
    Orthodox parents in Jerusalem during the British Mandate."

Being a Christian did not stop some pro-Israeli people from calling Terzi a 'Muslim terrorist'--the usual insult.

"Terzi successfully fought attempts by the United States to close down the {Palestinian] Mission [to the UN]."

"In 1985, the United States Department of State refused Terzi the right to enter the United States
    for a debate with Harvard professor, Alan Dershowitz.[4] Consequentially, Harvard Law
    School brought suit against the Secretary of State George P. Shultz to permit Terzi to
    enter the United States.[4] Judge Skinner, of the United States District Court for the
    District of Massachusetts, reversed the decision of the Secretary and permitted Terzi to
    enter the United States because denying Terzi entry into the United States suppressed
    political speech that is protected under the First Amendment."

President Trump could attempt to deny Palestinian diplomats the right to enter the USA
    to attend meetings at the UN, but, apart from the international outcry against that flagrant breach
    of diplomatic protocol, I expect that the Palestinians could challenge the US government in court and win.
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 May '18 19:54

Shocking.
    "The lickspittle Nikki Haley will go down in history ..."
    --Wolfgang59

Nikki Haley's already going far down in credibility and reputation at the UN.

May I congratulate Wolfgang59, who shares my disdain for Nikki Haley. for coming up
    with the most appropriate adjective 'lickspittle' to describe her?
  6. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    17 May '18 19:57

Shocking.
    I assume it doesn't shock you at all that everyone else in the room is frothing hysteria at Israel for doing nothing more than was necessary to repulse an armed invasion of its territory.
  7. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 May '18 20:072 edits
    Originally posted by @sh76 to Wolfgang59
    I assume it doesn't shock you at all that everyone else in the room is frothing hysteria at Israel for doing nothing more than was necessary to repulse an armed invasion of its territory.
    It does not shock me at all that Sh76 defends almost every act of Israeli violence against Palestinians.
    Yet Sh76 claims to be a 'moderate' supporter of Israel. Perhaps he is, compared to Baruch Goldstein.

Years ago, the pro-Israeli Sh76 apparently expressed a wish to meet people on the
    other side (which I assume meant Palestinians) to discuss the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
    I pointed out several times that it's easy to find Palestinian student groups at universities,
    who tend to be responsive toward inquiries from Americans who don't obviously have hateful agendas.
    But Sh76 apparently preferred to meet some random Muslims (who probably almost all
    would not be Palestinian) at a mosque instead. Perhaps Sh76 could convince some
    Indonesian Muslims, who would not know or care much, if at all, about the Palestinians,
    that Israel's right. Sh76 seems afraid to meet any articulate well-educated Palestinians.
  8. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    17 May '18 20:09
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "The lickspittle Nikki Haley will go down in history ..."
    --Wolfgang59

Nikki Haley's already going far down in credibility and reputation at the UN.

May I congratulate Wolfgang59, who shares my disdain for Nikki Haley. for coming up
    with the most appropriate adjective 'lickspittle' to describe her?
    I would like to recognize Duchess64...as she perfectly demonstrates "lickspittle" behavior while sucking-up to WG59.
    Doesn't quite meet sycophantic standards yet...but I'm certain she'll continue to try her very best. 🙂
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 May '18 20:11
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    I would like to recognize Duchess64...as she perfectly demonstrates "lickspittle" behavior while sucking-up to WG59.
    Doesn't quite meet sycophantic standards yet...but I'm certain she'll continue to try her very best. 🙂
    The troll Wolfe63 shows ignorance of the fact that Wolfgang59 and I are far from being friends.
    I have criticized Wolfgang59's sometimes dishonest or abusive attacks against me.

On the issue of Nikki Haley, however, Wolfgang59 and I seem to be in agreement.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    17 May '18 20:18
    The pro-Israeli troll Mott-the-Hoopie shows ignorance of the fact that there has been a
    Palestinian representative (not always the same person) at the UN for several decades.

I can still remember Ambassador Terzi, a Palestinian Christian (who died in 2006).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zuhdi_Labib_Terzi
    "Zuhdi Labib Terzi ...served as the first P ...[text shortened]... tic protocol, I expect that the Palestinians could challenge the US government in court and win.
    I am perfectly aware the united NATIONS has a corrupt history. Palestinians have OBSERVER status ONLY.
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 May '18 20:25
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I am perfectly aware the united NATIONS has a corrupt history. Palestinians have OBSERVER status ONLY.
    The pro-Israeli troll Mott-the-Hoopie presumes to lecture me about Palestinian history?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Palestinian_Ambassador_to_the_United_Nations

"The Palestinian Ambassador to the United Nations is the leader of the Palestinian delegation
    to the United Nations.[1] The position is more formally known as the "Permanent Observer
    Mission of the State of Palestine to the United Nations;" however, both the title of
    Ambassador and "Permanent Observer" is used."
  12. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    17 May '18 21:26
    Originally posted by @sh76
    "Palestine" is also Israel. When Los Angeles burned 25 years ago the National Guard did not immediately unleash the machine guns.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    17 May '18 21:32
    Originally posted by @sh76
    How can people who are already inside the borders "invade"?
  14. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    17 May '18 23:08
    [bMay I congratulate Wolfgang59, who shares my disdain for Nikki Haley. for coming up
    with the most appropriate adjective 'lickspittle' to describe her?[/b]
    Thank you darling ... but "lickspittle is a noun not an adjective. 😉
  15. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    17 May '18 23:09
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    LOL that's all I can think of! .. LOL