Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 13 Aug '09 00:25
    What has happend to old American white people? They've turned into paronoid, ignorant, hate-filled bigots that I see at these town hall meetings.

    Weren't these people acid-head hippies once?

    Does this change happen gradually or overnight?

    Nuts! I'm 54 yrs old, how long do I have until I am a part of this looneys?
  2. 13 Aug '09 02:01
    Originally posted by badmoon
    What has happend to old American white people? They've turned into paronoid, ignorant, hate-filled bigots that I see at these town hall meetings.

    Weren't these people acid-head hippies once?

    Does this change happen gradually or overnight?

    Nuts! I'm 54 yrs old, how long do I have until I am a part of this looneys?
    There is a good indication by your thread and post that you are looney. How long you have been looney isn't clear but your racism has been going full throttle for some time now. Just based on this post of course.
  3. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    13 Aug '09 02:57
    Originally posted by badmoon
    What has happend to old American white people? .....
    Weren't these people acid-head hippies once?
    The drugs wore off, and when faced with the responsibilities that they despised their parents for having, and as a result of the changes to society that their questioning of long established traditional values wrought, the liberal mat they had been comfortably resting on got neatly pulled from under them to be replaced by the toxic virulence of fox and schlock bitterness and its no wonder that in little over the space of a couple of generations the notion of reparation for evils done in the past has been annihilated by the steady beat of 'what have you done for ME lately' post modernism.

    Too early to call the fall of New Rome as of yet, but the belly of this beast is chronically ill.
  4. 13 Aug '09 03:00
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    There is a good indication by your thread and post that you are looney. How long you have been looney isn't clear but your racism has been going full throttle for some time now. Just based on this post of course.
    I could not agree more w/your observation.It never ceases to amaze me. The hatred and loathing these people show towards others w/opposing view points.
    The attempts to demonize and degrade decent people is baffling.

    They've turned into paronoid, ignorant, hate-filled bigots that I see at these town hall meetings.

    Bigots?! Simply astounding. And,"acid taking hippies" The only bigotry I have seen is coming from the original poster of this thread.
  5. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    13 Aug '09 05:59
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Nuts! I'm 54 yrs old, how long do I have until I am a part of this looneys?
    10 years
  6. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    13 Aug '09 06:01
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    decent people
    Besides white skin, suburban, and over 50, please be so kind to define "decent".
  7. 13 Aug '09 09:08
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Besides white skin, suburban, and over 50, please be so kind to define "decent".
    Decent people are paranoid, anti-establishment and an intellectual void.
  8. 13 Aug '09 11:29
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Decent people are paranoid, anti-establishment and an intellectual void.
    And you aren't decent?
  9. 13 Aug '09 11:34 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    There is a good indication by your thread and post that you are looney. How long you have been looney isn't clear but your racism has been going full throttle for some time now. Just based on this post of course.
    You do realize that I'm a nearly old (denial?) white American? Ex acid-head as well.

    You get the rib, Joe. Tongue in cheek (not quite firmly) to the rest of you who are unaware.

    Me, a looney? Not arguing that one.
  10. 13 Aug '09 11:42
    Originally posted by badmoon
    You do realize that I'm a nearly old (denial?) white American? Ex acid-head as well.

    You get the rib, Joe. Tongue in cheek (not quite firmly) to the rest of you who are unaware.

    Me, a looney? Not arguing that one.
    Ive been looney all my life, and I am just now getting used to it.
  11. 13 Aug '09 12:16
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    And you aren't decent?
    I'll not be the one to judge that.
  12. 13 Aug '09 14:14 / 4 edits
    Originally posted by badmoon
    What has happend to old American white people? They've turned into paronoid, ignorant, hate-filled bigots that I see at these town hall meetings.

    Weren't these people acid-head hippies once?

    Does this change happen gradually or overnight?

    Nuts! I'm 54 yrs old, how long do I have until I am a part of this looneys?
    I was once told that when you are young you are a liberal, that is if you have a heart. However, when you are older you become wiser and become a conservative, unless you have no brain.

    At first you want to save the world, until you realize that the world does not want to be saved. You want to give as much to the poor as you can, until you realize that going into debt to do so makes no sense as you become poorer than they.
  13. 13 Aug '09 14:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    I was once told that when you are young you are a liberal, that is if you have a heart. However, when you are older you become wiser and become a conservative, unless you have no brain.

    At first you want to save the world, until you realize that the world does not want to be saved. You want to give as much to the poor as you can, until you realize that going into debt to do so makes no sense as you become poorer than they.
    Of course the saying isn't true, the vast majority of intellectuals are on the extreme left in the American political spectrum.
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    13 Aug '09 14:23
    Originally posted by whodey
    You want to give as much to the poor as you can, until you realize that going into debt to do so makes no sense as you become poorer than they.
    Poorer than them? What utter codswallop!
  15. 13 Aug '09 14:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Poorer than them? What utter codswallop!
    In a country that has more debt than it does currency, this should be apparent. At some point, if this continues, the interest on the debt will be too big too manage. Then guess what happens? Your dream of a bankrupt American becomes a reality!! Then who will see to it that everyone is taken care of? The UN perhaps? LOL.