Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    29 Nov '15 14:36
    That's what Robert Lewis Dear said to police has he was being arrested for killing 3 and wounding 9 in a shooting spree at a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood facility.http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/29/us-colorado-shooter-idUSKBN0TH05O20151129#OJ6C0LMPlyDo3DbJ.97

A ray of sunshine I'm sure to many of the right wing extremists here; after all it must be morally praiseworthy for a man to try to stop the Holocaust of the unborn in the US. And if he has to kill a jackbooted thug (from the Colorado University PD in this case) sent to protect this extermination camp, well that's just too bad for the thug's wife and two children.
  2. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    29 Nov '15 15:12 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That's what Robert Lewis Dear said to police has he was being arrested for killing 3 and wounding 9 in a shooting spree at a Colorado Springs Planned Parenthood facility.http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/29/us-colorado-shooter-idUSKBN0TH05O20151129#OJ6C0LMPlyDo3DbJ.97

A ray of sunshine I'm sure to many of the right wing extremists here; after all ...[text shortened]... protect this extermination camp, well that's just too bad for the thug's wife and two children.
    I think I can recognize sarcasm, at least I hope that is the case.

I'm 100% sure, however, that the cops involved were 10 times more pissed over the death of a cop than any of the other deaths or injuries.
  3. 29 Nov '15 15:17
    Im pretty sure "climate change" has something to do with this.
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    29 Nov '15 19:07
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Im pretty sure "climate change" has something to do with this.
    No, RJ would say it's Obama's fault. Or his trangendered wife.
  5. 29 Nov '15 19:37 / 1 edit

A ray of sunshine I'm sure to many of the right wing extremists here; after all ...[text shortened]... protect this extermination camp, well that's just too bad for the thug's wife and two children.
    What do you know, a man of his convictions.

It is about time someone stands up.

Even better if he is tried by a jury of his peers and at least one person is willing to do what is right and find him not guilty, knowing exactly what he did. That's what a jury of peers is supposed to do. It allows people to stand up against an unjust government.
  6. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    29 Nov '15 20:22 / 1 edit

I know of no one who is a fan of abortion, but making it illegal, shutting down planned parenthood, then waving the Holy Bible is women's faces and other "feel good" ideas by the right wing is not the answer, anymore than killing people to promote one's "pro life" views is.
  7. 29 Nov '15 20:45
    Originally posted by Eladar

Even better if he is tried by a jury of his peers and at least one person is willing to do what is right and find him not guilty, knowing exactly what he did. That's what a jury of peers is supposed to do. It allows people to stand up against an unjust government.
    Do you feel the same way about the Paris attackers?
  8. 29 Nov '15 20:47
    Originally posted by bill718
    I know of no one who is a fan of abortion, but making it illegal, shutting down planned parenthood, then waving the Holy Bible is women's faces and other "feel good" ideas by the right wing is not the answer, anymore than killing people to promote one's "pro life" views is.
    Why does being against abortion equal holy bible? Yes, only Christians define murdering the helpless as evil.
  9. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    29 Nov '15 20:58
    Why does being against abortion equal holy bible? Yes, only Christians define murdering the helpless as evil.
    ...but murdering police officers on duty is okay to your version of Christianity. Curiouser and curioser.
  10. 29 Nov '15 21:09
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Were the Paris attackers trying to protect helpless unborn children?
  11. 29 Nov '15 21:27
    Originally posted by finnegan
    ...but murdering police officers on duty is okay to your version of Christianity. Curiouser and curioser.
    Self defense.
  12. Subscriber moonbus
    Uber-Nerd
    29 Nov '15 23:28
    300,000 women die in childbirth every year, worldwide.

http://www.who.int/features/qa/12/en/

If people want to apply their effort to saving lives, that would be a good place to start.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    30 Nov '15 01:14

I'm sure there's an abortion clinic somewhere near you, Eladar; why don't you be a man of your convictions and stop your moral cowardice and do something about it? Certainly a jury of your peers wouldn't punish you for such a stand against a government so unjust it doesn't want people gunned down at Planned Parenthood facilities.
  14. 30 Nov '15 01:50

Too bad you were not there to explain that they don't really sell baby parts.
  15. 30 Nov '15 01:53
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What is more threatening? Is it a group of terrorists threatening entire populations of people and governments or those only targeting PP?

Now compare the deaths between the two. Historically, have there been more deaths and violence at abortion facilities or those committed by Islamic fanaticism around the world?