1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 21:01
    That will be a thing of the past now that the rePUTINicans will be voting Trump's innocence. HAIL KING TRUMP, he can do no wrong now that he is KING. You may kiss my ring now.
  2. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    28 Jan '20 21:221 edit
    @sonhouse said
    That will be a thing of the past now that the rePUTINicans will be voting Trump's innocence. HAIL KING TRUMP, he can do no wrong now that he is KING. You may kiss my ring now.
    It may not come to that. Even this one sided Senate is feeling the heat of public opinion (75% to be exact) that want the Senate to call Bolton and other witnesses to testify. If they don't, they'll be hell to pay come November and they know it. I'm not happy with McConnell's shady dealings either, but it may not be all that bad-
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 00:12
    @mchill
    You mean people can see it is a sham trial witnesses or no and come November, Moscow Mitch, Lindsey Graham cracker, Barr None and president CHUMP will all be gone?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 00:29
    @sonhouse said
    I agree, no checks and balances.

So what do we do? Elect more democrats?

LOL.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 00:45
    @mchill said
    It may not come to that. Even this one sided Senate is feeling the heat of public opinion (75% to be exact) that want the Senate to call Bolton and other witnesses to testify. If they don't, they'll be hell to pay come November and they know it. I'm not happy with McConnell's shady dealings either, but it may not be all that bad-
    An 'exact' 75% huh mchill. Care to tell us where you got this number, how it was arrived at, and then retract your exaggeration 'exact'.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 01:01
    @wajoma said
    An 'exact' 75% huh mchill. Care to tell us where you got this number, how it was arrived at, and then retract your exaggeration 'exact'.
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/480336-support-for-witnesses-in-senate-trial-at-75-percent-poll
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 01:16
    @no1marauder said
    https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/480336-support-for-witnesses-in-senate-trial-at-75-percent-poll
    There's nothing 'exact' about the number, mchill should retract his exaggeration, and so should you if you think "three quarters" is 'exact'.

There is nothing about the method. The issue here is mchill getting a bit too carried away. He might have said about 75% but he said 'to be exact'?? he might like to explain how 'exact'.

Mind you on the scale of exaggerations it doesn't come close to your exaggeration about there being no roads without goobermint.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 02:00
    @wajoma said
    There's nothing 'exact' about the number, mchill should retract his exaggeration, and so should you if you think "three quarters" is 'exact'.

There is nothing about the method. The issue here is mchill getting a bit too carried away. He might have said about 75% but he said 'to be exact'?? he might like to explain how 'exact'.

Mind you on the scale of exaggerations it doesn't come close to your exaggeration about there being no roads without goobermint.
    Stop the silly nitpicking; both Mchill's and my statement were accurate.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 05:42
    @no1marauder said
    Stop the silly nitpicking; both Mchill's and my statement were accurate.
    Roads pre-date goobermint, there are thousands of miles of private roads. There's nothing exact about any poll, especially doubtful when rounded to 'three quarters'. Words have meanings, you blokes make exaggerated claims, not hard to speculate why, weak.
  10. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 06:03
    @wajoma said
    Roads pre-date goobermint, there are thousands of miles of private roads. There's nothing exact about any poll, especially doubtful when rounded to 'three quarters'. Words have meanings, you blokes make exaggerated claims, not hard to speculate why, weak.
    Someone who uses the "word" goobermint also says words have meanings????
    Roads may predate civilisation, but society would collapse in a heartbeat if shared-ownership of the road system didn't exist.
  11. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 06:09
    @kewpie said
    Someone who uses the "word" goobermint also says words have meanings????
    Roads may predate civilisation, but society would collapse in a heartbeat if shared-ownership of the road system didn't exist.
    The issue was mchill saying 'exact' when it was not, and No1 saying no roads would exist without goobermint. Talk up your doomsday scenarios all you like, that is why I had to give them both a rap over the knuckles with a ruler.
  12. Standard membermchill
    Cryptic
    Behind the scenes
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 18:19
    @sonhouse said
    @mchill
    You mean people can see it is a sham trial witnesses or no and come November, Moscow Mitch, Lindsey Graham cracker, Barr None and president CHUMP will all be gone?
    Yes, I think so.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 18:342 edits
    @wajoma said
    What are you saying? Carbon dioxide is all around us, we are all gonna die!!

Quick, have government force us to pay more in carbon taxes or we are all doomed!!!

DOOMED I SAY!!!
  14. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 18:48
    @wajoma said
    Roads pre-date goobermint, there are thousands of miles of private roads.
    First, by continuing to use that grade-school mauling of "government" you are only confirming that you are too young to be here, by the site ToS.

Second, name one. One road that pre-dates government. Keep in mind that I live in Europe, where a. governments are millennia older than your attempt at oligarchy and b. we founded your first governments to begin with.
    There are roads in England that pre-date even the Viking trips to your country by centuries, and roads in Italy centuries older than them - all built by the Roman government. There are roads in Egypt and Iraq (if you barbarians haven't bombed them) thousands of years old - and there was also the Thousand-gated Thebes and Ur of the Chaldeans.

Pre-date? Jeez, my national lottery pre-dates your entire country!
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    29 Jan '20 18:49
    @sonhouse said
    @mchill
    Not while your country is populated by people like... that, and you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree