Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 11 Aug '10 18:49
    Bryan Fischer, the "Director of Issues Analysis" for the American Family Association, wrote a blog post yesterday on the AFA's site arguing that the United States should have "no more mosques, period."

"This is for one simple reason," he writes. "Each Islamic mosque is dedicated to the overthrow of the American government."

Why do conservatives oppose freedom of religion in America? Why are they against the constitution?
  2. 11 Aug '10 18:54
    Originally posted by TerrierJack
    Bryan Fischer, the "Director of Issues Analysis" for the American Family Association, wrote a blog post yesterday on the AFA's site arguing that the United States should have "no more mosques, period."

"This is for one simple reason," he writes. "Each Islamic mosque is dedicated to the overthrow of the American government."

Why do conservatives oppose freedom of religion in America? Why are they against the constitution?
    You found a conservative who feels that there should be no more mosques and ask why ALL conservatives feel that way. Don't you think there is an error in logic?
  3. Standard member smw6869
    Granny
    11 Aug '10 19:13

The mosque is not dedicated to the overthrow of America. It represents the victory and the conquer of land by muslims. They now consider ground zero as their land. So says Billy O.

GRANNY.
  4. 11 Aug '10 19:16
    Originally posted by quackquack
    You found a conservative who feels that there should be no more mosques and ask why ALL conservatives feel that way. Don't you think there is an error in logic?
    A dicto secundum quid ad dictum simplciter.
  5. 11 Aug '10 19:22
    Originally posted by Sartor Resartus
    A dicto secundum quid ad dictum simplciter.
    Vir prudens non contraventum mingit...
  6. 11 Aug '10 20:43

I don't think that way, why group everyone in one basket?
  7. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    11 Aug '10 20:48 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Vir prudens non contraventum mingit...
    mishy mushy gushy gushy mashy mishy mushy mother f------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EeFa8QOq_Y

Oh and for the OP:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broad_Brush
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Aug '10 20:48
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I don't think that way, why group everyone in one basket?
    So we can mark you down as being in favor of more mosques being built in the US?
  9. 11 Aug '10 23:24
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So we can mark you down as being in favor of more mosques being built in the US?
    No - conservatives are opposed to religious freedom - otherwise, instead of telling me I was painting with a broad brush, they would have renounced this ignorant assault on the Constitution. No one did - so I can only conclude that they do in fact oppose freedom.
  10. 11 Aug '10 23:30
    No - conservatives are opposed to religious freedom - otherwise, instead of telling me I was painting with a broad brush, they would have renounced this ignorant assault on the Constitution. No one did - so I can only conclude that they do in fact oppose freedom.
    Did you think of this argument all by yourself or do you share a neuron with a friend who helped you?
  11. 11 Aug '10 23:39
    Originally posted by quackquack
    Did you think of this argument all by yourself or do you share a neuron with a friend who helped you?
    Do you have an opinion on the issue at hand or just an overabundance of snark fighting to crawl away from your self-righteous carcass?
  12. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    11 Aug '10 23:44 / 1 edit
    If you had posed your OP and asked "who agrees with the statement that there should be no Mosques in the US?" then I probably would have thought it was a silly question, but if pressed, I would have, of course, condemned the idea.

However, what you did was draw a completely ridiculous generalization from a single incident involving a single person and then proceeded to assume the very conclusion that you were setting out to prove.

The question posed by the OP deserved no serious response.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    11 Aug '10 23:57
    Originally posted by sh76
    If you had posed your OP and asked "who agrees with the statement that there should be no Mosques in the US?" then I probably would have thought it was a silly question, but if pressed, I would have, of course, condemned the idea.

However, what you did was draw a completely ridiculous generalization from a single incident involving a single person and then p ...[text shortened]... t you were setting out to prove.

The question posed by the OP deserved no serious response.
    Why not? Consider this story in the NYTimes a few days ago which outlined local opposition to mosques throughout the country based on opposition to Islam itself: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/08/us/08mosque.html?_r=1

Since you've been officially excommunicated from conservative circles by MacSwain, I'd expect some pandering, Olympia Snowish response, but our red blooded defenders of America against this foreign enemy certainly should have some comment.
  14. 12 Aug '10 00:08
    Let's assume for a moment that every mosque is dedicated to the overthrow of the US. What would be the proper response?
  15. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    12 Aug '10 00:22
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Let's assume for a moment that every mosque is dedicated to the overthrow of the US. What would be the proper response?
    Mmm. I see where you're going with this. So Bryan Fischer of the American Family Association may well be on to something?