Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 11:25
    By admitting a concrete wall will not happen, is trump laying the groundwork for a final compromise virtual wall that is exactly like the current wall, part actual barrier, part natural barrier and part patrolled barrier.

I've never seen a person so naturally flip their position as Trump who has gone from a concrete wall to a steel wall to suggesting that the Steel barrier is a Democrat proposal.

I think Trump maY be a little confused. You know what with the Steele dosier focussing attention to his Moscow dealings, he must feel a bit locked in.

Moving away from a "concrete" barrier frees Trump to do a Houdini on the whole locked into a Concrete Wall. So as he attempts to steel attention away from the newly installed Democrat majority led house and its intrepid leader Nancy Pelosi, he hopes his strategy will draw people's attention away, but to her credit, Nancy is holding firm and keeping his feet to the fire and pretty much drawn him a pretty concise picture of how real professionals operate in Washington.
  2. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 14:39
    @kmax87 said
    By admitting a concrete wall will not happen, is trump laying the groundwork for a final compromise virtual wall that is exactly like the current wall, part actual barrier, part natural barrier and part patrolled barrier.

I've never seen a person so naturally flip their position as Trump who has gone from a concrete wall to a steel wall to suggesting that the Steel barrier ...[text shortened]... and pretty much drawn him a pretty concise picture of how real professionals operate in Washington.
    Concrete, one week, steel another. Next week who knows what, but he wants billions of dollars from the American taxpayers for a building project he said Mexico would pay for.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 14:45
    @kmax87 said

I've never seen a person so naturally flip their position as Trump who has gone from a concrete wall to a steel wall to suggesting that the Steel barrier ...[text shortened]... and pretty much drawn him a pretty concise picture of how real professionals operate in Washington.
    He knows Mexico will never pay for it so he is counting on democrats to fight him so he can capitulate. He just needs you to think he is seeking compromise before he capitulates.

He still insists that Mexico will pay for later, but does anyone believe him? If he couldn't do it in 2 years why would anyone believe he can do it in 4. He is full of crap.
  4. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 15:24
    @metal-brain said
    He knows Mexico will never pay for it so he is counting on democrats to fight him so he can capitulate. He just needs you to think he is seeking compromise before he capitulates.

He still insists that Mexico will pay for later, but does anyone believe him? If he couldn't do it in 2 years why would anyone believe he can do it in 4. He is full of crap.
    So when he capitulates its all the fault of those Soros funded, globalist open border loving Democrats?
  5. SubscriberPonderable
    chemist
    Linkenheim
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 15:401 edit
    @kmax87 said
    So when he capitulates its all the fault of those Soros funded, globalist open border loving Democrats?
    He won't capitualte he will assume a new winning Position, as he alwys said.

#MACA Make Amerika cry again

[sarcasm flag]
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 17:161 edit
    I’m pretty sure there are options.
    A wall of straw or a wooden wall could work.
    I mean, there’s no wolves down that way (I think... what the hell do I know about wolves??? Do I look like a bloody biologist? Damn, accept the bloody premise, you whining bastar... ohhh, sorry...).

Alternatively: a glass wall. I believe we could call it a window, however, a window surely has a pane around it... stop badgering me!!! Do I look like a bloody carpenter! Or whoever builds windows? A sand burner or something?

But, wait ‘till you hear the master-part if this plan: the evil Mexican pregnant women, drug mules (the one’s not flying in by CIA or regular flights) and children won’t see the wall! Because it’s made of glass!
    So, when they cross the border they splash onto the wall like flies to a car wall (window, it might be called, do I look like a bloody car mechanic to you???) and we can just clean them off like bug squat! Easy to find, and with some dishwashing liquid, easy to remove.

Glad to be of help!
  7. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    09 Jan '19 23:39
    @mchill said
    Concrete, one week, steel another. Next week who knows what, but he wants billions of dollars from the American taxpayers for a building project he said Mexico would pay for.
    Just say for argument's sake Congress does give Donald 5.7 Billion for that "barrier". Whats the odds a "services company" will be found feeding at the trough, with less than 6 degrees of separation from Donald J Trump?
  8. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 00:07
    @kmax87 said

This is not about a wall to keep undesirables out.
    This is about a wall to keep his voter base in.
  9. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 00:44
    @mghrn55 said
    This is not about a wall to keep undesirables out.
    This is about a wall to keep his voter base in.
    Naaa, it has to be there to keep undesirables out. That is what the wall is for. Like Pelosi's wall. And Obama's wall. Did you lock your door tonite?
  10. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 02:14
    @shavixmir said
    I mean, there’s no wolves down that way (I think... what the hell do I know about wolves??? Do I look like a bloody biologist? Damn, accept the bloody premise, you whining bastar... ohhh, sorry...).

Alternatively: a glass wall. I believe we could call it a window, however, a window surely h ...[text shortened]... ke bug squat! Easy to find, and with some dishwashing liquid, easy to remove.

Glad to be of help!
    I prefer machine gun towers and snipers every 1000'. Land mines, concertina wire and alligators in the Rio Grande.
  11. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 02:24
    @kmax87
    Yearly maintenance costs for the wall will exceed $1,500,000,000.
  12. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 02:35
    @kmax87 said
    Exactly.
  13. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 09:56
    @shavixmir said

Alternatively: a glass wall. I believe we could call it a window, however, a window surely h ...[text shortened]... ke bug squat! Easy to find, and with some dishwashing liquid, easy to remove.

Glad to be of help!
    Not one reaction???

My comedy genius is wasted on you layabouts!
  14. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 13:00
    @shavixmir said
    Not one reaction???

My comedy genius is wasted on you layabouts!
    Trumpies have no sense of humour, and the rest of us are so busy watching the shenanigans that we don't have time to post. 😛
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 16:051 edit
    @averagejoe1 said
    Naaa, it has to be there to keep undesirables out. That is what the wall is for. Like Pelosi's wall. And Obama's wall. Did you lock your door tonite?
    And what exactly constitutes an undesirable ?
    Is it the 7-8 year old brown children that enter the US with their mothers ?

There isn't a big leap to understand that there is an inherent risk that a few threats will sneak in with with a refugee or immigration policy.
    No one is disputing that.
    How do you think the Mafia got a foothold in America ?
    Because America let in many hard working (white) Italians.
    But stopping everything leads to the kind of optics that emboldens the undesirables that already have citizenship in the US.
    White Supremist groups for example.

If you want a national crisis to chew on, then create one for the 700-800 murders every year in Chicago !!
    Or the mass shootings that occur far too often.
    Sandy Hook, Las Vegas and others.

What I see in Trump policy is a demographic crisis dressed up as a security crisis.
    Whites constituting 57% of US population and dropping.
    That's the crisis Trump supporters see.
    I believe Trump also creates a crisis when his image as a tough "promises kept" kind of guy is on the line.
    This is about Trump. Plain and simple !!