Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Stargazing
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 08:29
    @shavixmir said
    As people can worry themselves sick about no windmills, hedgehogs and toilets flushing.
    Tongues firmly in cheeks.

Although not each other’s of course!
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 12:51
    @shavixmir said
    25 studies (per 2003) into windmills and noise have found no correlation between windmills and adverse health effects.

Your information is from an editorial, which finds no evidence between noise and breast cancer.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5662233/

The Danes have looked into noise and cancer (see link) and also found no correlation.

The whole ...[text shortened]... a choice between that and a plant run on coal or oil... I’m pretty certain I’d go for the windmills.
    cigarettes don't cause cancer either...its the smoke!
  3. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 13:29
    @handyandy said
    President Trump claims that the noise from windmills causes cancer. Any support for this?
    I can remember him writing to Scottish first minister Alex Salmond around 8 years ago, asking him to stop building "ugly wind farms" near his golf courses.
  4. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 15:54
    @divegeester said
    Apparently. Sounds bad.

Wind power or wind turbine syndrome is a term coined to refer to illnesses people perceive they get by living close to turbines.

Simon Chapman, professor of public health at the University of Sydney, wrote in The Conservation that the syndrome can be classed as a "psychogenic condition" which spreads by the "nocebo" effect of being talked abo ...[text shortened]... s sick."

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump-claims-wind-turbine-noise-causes-cancer-11683102
    Some people worry themselves sick over having a creep like Trump in the White House.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    04 Apr '19 20:40
    @handyandy said
    Some people worry themselves sick over having a creep like Trump in the White House.
    only baby killers and queers
  6. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 02:05
    Donald Quixote, tilting at windmills...
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 10:09
    @chessturd said
    I walked up to one and they make more noise than people think. I was surprised how loud they are but I wouldn't say it is bothersome.

Noise cancer?
    Stop hating on Trump just because he smokes weed and then says something funny/stupid.
    No, no, they are my entertainment.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Apr '19 10:18
    Speaking of noise cancer

YouTube

Noise cancer causes Armageddon I tell ya!