Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 02 Aug '17 22:33
    I've heard that North Korea often mentions the fact that Gaddafi in Libya surrendered his WMD projects to the US, and then Obama had him murdered.

If I were a dictator in any other country, why would I not think the same would happen to me?
  2. 02 Aug '17 22:37
    Originally posted by @whodey
    I've heard that North Korea often mentions the fact that Gaddafi in Libya surrendered his WMD projects to the US, and then Obama had him murdered.

If I were a dictator in any other country, why would I not think the same would happen to me?
    If Whodey were a dictator, then he should be much more worried about 'his people' rising
    up and killing him than about his bogeyman Barack Obama arranging for his death.
  3. 02 Aug '17 22:53 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    If Whodey were a dictator, then he should be much more worried about 'his people' rising
    up and killing him than about his bogeyman Barack Obama arranging for his death.
    I would only worry about Barak Obama if I did not have nukes.

If I had nukes or on the verge of having them, he would never cross me.

That's because Barak Obama only picked on targets that could not fight back because he is a bully and a coward, and then proceeded to claim it was not really a war after all.
  4. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    03 Aug '17 08:04
    I would only worry about Barak Obama if I did not have nukes.

If I had nukes or on the verge of having them, he would never cross me.

That's because Barak Obama only picked on targets that could not fight back because he is a bully and a coward, and then proceeded to claim it was not really a war after all.
    Yeah, you've really got a grasp on US interventionist policy, there....

Do I have to post the list?
    Not one of them has nukes, you know...
  5. Subscriber mchill
    cryptogram
    04 Aug '17 00:27
    It's not often I agree with Duchess, but score one for D this time around.

Duchess 1

Whodey 0
  6. 04 Aug '17 10:15
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/africaandindianocean/libya/1450010/Revealed-the-real-reason-for-Gaddafis-WMD-surrender.html
  7. 04 Aug '17 10:16
    Looks like he should have been more worried about Mr. Nobel Peace Prize, eh?
  8. 04 Aug '17 10:18
    Looks like he should have been more worried about Mr. Nobel Peace Prize, eh?
    Before last years's elections in Fatland I joked you were going to continue rambling about Obama even though he wouldn't be the president anymore.

I shouldn't make jokes like that
  9. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    04 Aug '17 11:22
    1, On what basis are some countries allowed nukes but others not?

2, On what basis are some countries allowed to defend themselves and others not?
  10. 04 Aug '17 11:42
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    1, On what basis are some countries allowed nukes but others not?

2, On what basis are some countries allowed to defend themselves and others not?
    The countries who have nukes try to stop others from having them. Depending on the country, this determination may vary.

As Obama showed the world, those countries that choose to abandon their WMD program are not in the least bit safer. In fact, it may be the nail in their coffin.
  11. 04 Aug '17 11:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Before last years's elections in Fatland I joked you were going to continue rambling about Obama even though he wouldn't be the president anymore.

I shouldn't make jokes like that
    Unfortunately, the stink from Obama's administration still leaves behind his skid marks.

That's just the reality.

Trust me, I hate even having to think about him.
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    04 Aug '17 15:34 / 1 edit

Pretending that Obama's actions in Libya were unique and varied from prior policy is rather amusing if typically dishonest.

You might want to check out what happened in Iraq a decade earlier.
  13. 04 Aug '17 15:51
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Pretending that Obama's actions in Libya were unique and varied from prior policy is rather amusing if typically dishonest.

Whodey is probably still stuck in the good old days of Iran-Contra.
  14. 04 Aug '17 16:01
    Originally posted by @no1marauder

The difference being that Gaddafi tried to comply with giving up his WMD program.

Saddam invaded a country which generated a UN response to expunge him

Two very different scenarios.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    04 Aug '17 19:38
    The difference being that Gaddafi tried to comply with giving up his WMD program.

Saddam invaded a country which generated a UN response to expunge him

Two very different scenarios.
    Saddam expunged his WMD program, too. And the U.N. did not try to remove him.

So not so different.