Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 18:351 edit
    I won’t bother posting a link to the topic because there are simply too many and it’s escalating like a NASA shuttle launch!

48 hours into the biggest meltdown in the Labour Party in 35 years and nothing...no threads...no comments, no posts... just biffo-the-whiner in another thread still bleating on about a lone flower seller losing his job and how awful the world is when viewed through his pinhole perspective.

And yet here is the Labour Party of the verge of implosion over their stance on Brexit, accusations of rampant racism, endemic institutionalised anti-semitism, bullying and poor leadership, and nothing...just nothing from you leftie wefties.

Here’s some early reading where I claimed it was a major issue for Labour all the poor put-upon lefties were claiming all sorts of jazz-handed reasons why there was no problem and it was just the bigoted racist brexiter firestarting.

Nothing about Corbyn #1Thread 177816

Sorry to interrupt the forum flow... carry on .
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 18:38
    @divegeester
    Interrupt? How is that? You STARTED this thread, that is you standing on a soap box in Hyde park....
    And I must say I know nothing about the issues you brought up. What does it mean for Brexit if labour takes a dump? Is Brexit going to cease, UK now stays with Euro's?
  3. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    19 Feb '19 19:02
    @sonhouse said
    @divegeester
    I must say I know nothing about the issues you brought up.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 16:53
    @divegeester said
    I won’t bother posting a link to the topic because there are simply too many and it’s escalating like a NASA shuttle launch!

48 hours into the biggest meltdown in the Labour Party in 35 years and nothing...no threads...no comments, no posts... just biffo-the-whiner in another thread still bleating on about a lone flower seller losing his job and how awful the world is ...[text shortened]... othing about Corbyn #1Thread 177816

Would you say the Tories are also "on the verge of implosion" now?
  5. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 17:33
    @kazetnagorra said
    I had a bet with myself this morning that it would be either you or Biffo who would finally find the grit to post in this thread after the “Amigos” came out. Congrats.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 18:06
    @divegeester said
    I had a bet with myself this morning that it would be either you or Biffo who would finally find the grit to post in this thread after the “Amigos” came out. Congrats.
    Thanks.

BTW, I have never voted social-democratic in my life, and I'd take the ones I could have voted for over Labour any day.
  7. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 18:37
    @kazetnagorra said
    Thanks.

BTW, I have never voted social-democratic in my life, and I'd take the ones I could have voted for over Labour any day.
    Apologies for underestimating you just because we disagree on stuff.
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 19:21
    @divegeester said

48 hours into the biggest meltdown in the Labour Party in 35 years and nothing...no threads...no comments, no posts... just biffo-the-whiner in another thread still bleating on about a lone flower seller losing his job and how awful the world is ...[text shortened]... othing about Corbyn #1Thread 177816

I’ve not heard anything about Labour splitting up and melting down.

Just checked the BBC.
    There is an article there called: “Why do bees keep following me.”
    And that is a rather tempting title.
  9. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 19:53
    @divegeester said

The hard left immediately (and predictably) accused the breakaway MPs of "working for Israel".

I look forward to the day when conspiracies about Jewish people controlling the world die their long overdue death.
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 19:571 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    British politics as a whole is in turmoil. My instinct is that this new group, if a success, will drain more votes from Labour than from the Tories, however.

We are witnessing the beginning of the end of post-war, 20th-century thinking.

It's not going to get less dramatic anytime soon. 900 hours until Brexit.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    20 Feb '19 23:04
    @ashiitaka said
    British politics as a whole is in turmoil. My instinct is that this new group, if a success, will drain more votes from Labour than from the Tories, however.

We are witnessing the beginning of the end of post-war, 20th-century thinking.

It's not going to get less dramatic anytime soon. 900 hours until Brexit.
    There are echoes of the 'Gang of four' and the formation of the SDP about this; the embryo of another new centre party, perhaps. Mister Corbyn and the left of the Labour Party (or leftie wefties as divegeester would have it) are not giving good account of themselves, to say the least of it, and the Tory party is now apparently being infiltrated from the right, and neither of these things are good for either party. The problem it seems to me is that during recent times the British electorate has been reluctant to vote for a centre party in sufficient numbers to see to its' election to government. Still, as you say, who knows what may in time emerge out of the turmoil. We live in politically interesting times!
  12. Germany
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 07:53
    @indonesia-phil said
    There are echoes of the 'Gang of four' and the formation of the SDP about this; the embryo of another new centre party, perhaps. Mister Corbyn and the left of the Labour Party (or leftie wefties as divegeester would have it) are not giving good account of themselves, to say the least of it, and the Tory party is now apparently being infiltrated from the right, and neit ...[text shortened]... say, who knows what may in time emerge out of the turmoil. We live in politically interesting times!
    The problem is not that there is no appetite for a centrist party, the problem is that the electoral system isn't conductive to more than two main parties having significant influence. Unfortunately, the LibDems wasted their once-in-a-generation opportunity to change this.
  13. Subscriberbadradger
    Scallywag
    the pie shop
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 13:20
    @kazetnagorra said
    The problem is not that there is no appetite for a centrist party, the problem is that the electoral system isn't conductive to more than two main parties having significant influence. Unfortunately, the LibDems wasted their once-in-a-generation opportunity to change this.
    Blairs New Labour was a centerist Party, Corrupt as £uck
  14. Pacific Ocean
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 13:45
    @badradger

That man should be in the Hague after what he did in Iraq!!
  15. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Feb '19 14:57
    @badradger said
    Blairs New Labour was a centerist Party, Corrupt as £uck
    If you think Tory Bliar's NuLabor was far enough from Thatcherism to deserve even the name "centrist"...