Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 12 Oct '10 21:38
    This is the astonishing moment ( see link) a book was apparently hurled at the head of President Barack Obama during a campaign rally in Philadelphia.
    The flying missile narrowly missed hitting the President yesterday.
    It is not clear what the book was, where it came from in the crowd, or why it was thrown at Mr Obama - who did not appear to notice the danger.

    The rally was clearly an eventful one - other images showed a naked man being led away in handcuffs by police.

    Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1319448/Obama-book-thrown-Philadelphia-rally.html#ixzz12BNhajWB

    I havent seen the lame stream media reporting on this. Unlike the infamous shoe throwing incident that GW dodged so gracefully
  2. 12 Oct '10 22:23 / 1 edit
    Yeah. This would be SOOoO embarrassing for the president if it were on every headline!

    Is the dailymail part of the mainstream media?
  3. 12 Oct '10 22:27
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Yeah. This would be SOOoO embarrassing for the president if it were on every headline!

    Is the dailymail part of the mainstream media?
    Not the last time I checked.
  4. 12 Oct '10 22:39
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Not the last time I checked.
    Ok. Where is the list of mainstream media outlets? Or is it just the outlet that don't accentuate the news you want them to?
  5. 12 Oct '10 23:21
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Ok. Where is the list of mainstream media outlets? Or is it just the outlet that don't accentuate the news you want them to?
    You dont know who the main stream media is?! You claim to live in Chicago! I smell b.s.
  6. 13 Oct '10 00:08
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    You dont know who the main stream media is?! You claim to live in Chicago! I smell b.s.
    I'm sure you smell a lot of things, but none of it is mine.

    I know what I would consider the main stream media to be, I was curious what your list consisted of.
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    13 Oct '10 00:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    This is the astonishing moment ( see link) a[b] book was apparently hurled at the head of President Barack Obama during a campaign rally in Philadelphia.
    The flying missile narrowly missed hitting the President yesterday.
    It is not clear what the book was, where it came from in the crowd, or why it was thrown at Mr Obama - who did not appear to ...[text shortened]... a reporting on this. Unlike the infamous shoe throwing incident that GW dodged so gracefully[/b][/b]
    The incident was trivial; according to the Washington Post (which is MSM last I checked) the thrower was an author and admirer of the President who just wanted to give his book to the President. He was questioned by the Secret Service and deemed to be no threat. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/10/book-thrown-at-obama-at-philad.html

    It's completely unlike the Iraq case where among a handpicked group of journalists one threw his shoes at GW (a rather serious insult in that culture) and berated him for the occupation. That's a bit more politically substantive and newsworthy than a publicity seeker in a public crowd in the US.
  8. 13 Oct '10 01:15
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The incident was trivial; according to the Washington Post (which is MSM last I checked) the thrower was an author and admirer of the President who just wanted to give his book to the President. He was questioned by the Secret Service and deemed to be no threat. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/10/book-thrown-at-obama-at-philad.html

    ...[text shortened]... re politically substantive and newsworthy than a publicity seeker in a public crowd in the US.
    What about the naked guy?
  9. 13 Oct '10 01:16
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    I'm sure you smell a lot of things, but none of it is mine.

    I know what I would consider the main stream media to be, I was curious what your list consisted of.
    Its not what I consider or you consider to be the main stream media it is what it is.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    13 Oct '10 01:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    What about the naked guy?
    That's all over the media. It's related to this: http://gawker.com/5616054/billionaire-offers-1-million-to-flash-obama
  11. 13 Oct '10 01:39
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    That's all over the media. It's related to this: http://gawker.com/5616054/billionaire-offers-1-million-to-flash-obama
    Unless I am missing it I dont see any of the big 3 networks covering it. Its really not a big story anyhow. I just brought that up as a after thought.
    My main reason for the thread was just to share it because I found it funny.
  12. Standard member uzless
    The So Fist
    13 Oct '10 01:44
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Unless I am missing it I dont see any of the big 3 networks covering it. Its really not a big story anyhow. I just brought that up as a after thought.
    My main reason for the thread was just to share it because I found it funny.
    you found what funny, exactly?

    the guy tosses a book? not funny
    the guy is naked? is that what you find funny? a man not wearing clothes is funny to you? Why? What exactly about a man with no clothes do you find funny?

    If you were outside with no clothes on,would you laugh and put a smile on your face to indicate to people passing by that you thought the fact you were naked is funny?

    Is it funny, or just stupid?
  13. 13 Oct '10 01:50
    Originally posted by uzless
    you found what funny, exactly?

    the guy tosses a book? not funny
    the guy is naked? is that what you find funny? a man not wearing clothes is funny to you? Why? What exactly about a man with no clothes do you find funny?

    If you were outside with no clothes on,would you laugh and put a smile on your face to indicate to people passing by that you thought the fact you were naked is funny?

    Is it funny, or just stupid?
    Yes I found the book tossing very funny. I would of of found it extremely funny if it smacked him upside the head.
  14. 13 Oct '10 01:51
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The incident was trivial; according to the Washington Post (which is MSM last I checked) the thrower was an author and admirer of the President who just wanted to give his book to the President. He was questioned by the Secret Service and deemed to be no threat. http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/2010/10/book-thrown-at-obama-at-philad.html

    ...[text shortened]... re politically substantive and newsworthy than a publicity seeker in a public crowd in the US.
    no1m's so cute when he's swallowing the party line.
  15. 13 Oct '10 01:52
    "he thrower was an author and admirer of the President who just wanted to give his book to the President. He was questioned by the Secret Service and deemed to be no threat."



    'oh, and you don't need to know his name.'