Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 05 Oct '11 03:00
    http://biggovernment.com/abreitbart/2011/10/03/shock-photos-barack-obama-with-new-black-panther-party-on-campaign-trail-in-2007/

    In March of 2007, then Senator Barack Obama appeared and marched with members of the New Black Panther Party. Included with Obama's Panther entrougage was Malik Zulu Shabazz, the racist group's "national chief". Shabazz was one of the Panthers charged with voter intimidation case that the Obama/Holder Justice Department dismissed in 2009 -- even though the government had already won the case (the Panthers defaulted) and the evidence was supporting the civil charges was overwhelming.

    After NPR initially reported that the Panthers were present at the event with Obama, subsequent reports from Selina omitted any mention of the hate group appearing with the future President. Obama's appearence does much more than expose mainstream media hypocrisy. It also exposes an association between a vile racist organization and a future President.

    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------

    I don't really think Obama is a Black Panther nor ascribes to their bigotry, much like he does not ascribe to his pastor Rev. Wrights bigotry. However, what of the association? As a politician, Obama will do whatever he can to get elected which means appealing to as many people as he can. This means appealing to the vilest of society, so long as they vote for him.

    So the question begs, what if one of Obama's opponents had appeared with a vile racist organization like the KKK? How would the media handle it? Should we allow such double standards?
  2. 05 Oct '11 04:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://biggovernment.com/abreitbart/2011/10/03/shock-photos-barack-obama-with-new-black-panther-party-on-campaign-trail-in-2007/

    In March of 2007, then Senator Barack Obama appeared and marched with members of the New Black Panther Party. Included with Obama's Panther entrougage was Malik Zulu Shabazz, the racist group's "national chief". Shabazz was one ...[text shortened]... ion like the KKK? How would the media handle it? Should we allow such double standards?
    no we shouldn't allow the double standards,, but he is the first Black President, so the media handles him with silk gloves...
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    05 Oct '11 06:04 / 2 edits
    The KKK and the Black Panthers are not equivalent.

    EDIT - If anything, the Black Panthers are a black urban equivalent to the white rural militias e.g.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutaree
  4. 05 Oct '11 10:00
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    The KKK and the Black Panthers are not equivalent.

    EDIT - If anything, the Black Panthers are a black urban equivalent to the white rural militias e.g.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hutaree
    Not racist? So if a white person pumped his fist in the air saying "White power", how would you interpret that?
  5. 05 Oct '11 13:50
    Whodey, why do you leave actually verifying this story up to others?
  6. 05 Oct '11 13:56 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Whodey, why do you leave actually verifying this story up to others?
    Because whodey isn't interested in facts - he's only interested in stories that can somehow support his own ideological idiocy.

    This is a B.S. story. The story is that Obama was at the same podium as the leader of the black panthers at different times. Somehow that means that he is somehow related via podium.
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    05 Oct '11 17:50
    Originally posted by whodey
    Not racist? So if a white person pumped his fist in the air saying "White power", how would you interpret that?
    You think that is comparable to lynching people and burning them alive?
  8. 05 Oct '11 20:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://biggovernment.com/abreitbart/2011/10/03/shock-photos-barack-obama-with-new-black-panther-party-on-campaign-trail-in-2007/

    In March of 2007, then Senator Barack Obama appeared and marched with members of the New Black Panther Party. Included with Obama's Panther entrougage was Malik Zulu Shabazz, the racist group's "national chief". Shabazz was one ...[text shortened]... ion like the KKK? How would the media handle it? Should we allow such double standards?
    That's nothing! Didn't you ever see the photos of Obama with members of the Weathermen?

    http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/10/5/01042/1913/976/620405
  9. 06 Oct '11 01:32
    I didn't see any militia members outside of polling booths...... Keeping the order?
  10. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    06 Oct '11 02:08 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    I didn't see any militia members outside of polling booths...... Keeping the order?
    http://mediamatters.org/research/201007190022

    In contrast to Fox News' repeated hyping of voter-intimidation charges against members of the New Black Panther Party during the 2008 election, a search of the Nexis database indicates that Fox News' top shows did not report on similar allegations that members of the Minutemen harassed Hispanic voters at an Arizona polling center in 2006.
  11. 06 Oct '11 05:19
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    http://mediamatters.org/research/201007190022

    In contrast to Fox News' repeated hyping of voter-intimidation charges against members of the New Black Panther Party during the 2008 election, a search of the Nexis database indicates that Fox News' top shows did not report on similar allegations that members of the Minutemen harassed Hispanic voters at an Arizona polling center in 2006.
    They were AWOL during the Brooks Brothers mob intimidation of precinct workers in Florida 2000 as well.