Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10107
    01 Jan '17 13:112 edits
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/12/31/watch-obama-has-no-plans-to-leave-your-life-after-he-vacates-the-white-house-on-jan-20/

    Here is what Obama said about his 8 years in office.

    “Almost every country on Earth sees America as stronger and more respected today than they did eight years ago,” Obama said. “We have made extraordinary progress as a country these past eight years.”

    All of that “progress,” Obama contended, was “not inevitable.” Instead, the president said it was a result of his hard work.

    Going forward, Obama said the task of ensuring that America sees continued progress will fall on the shoulders of all Americans.

    “As I prepare to take on the even more important role of citizen, know that I will be there with you every step of the way to ensure that this country forever strives to live up to the incredible promise of our founding — that all of us are created equal, and all of us deserve every chance to live out our dreams,” Obama said.

    Obama initially said earlier this year that when his presidency finally came to an end, he would like to live outside of the spotlight for a while and spend time quietly with his family. Well, that was when he thought Hillary Clinton would succeed him as president.

    However, since Trump won the White House last month, Obama has sang a much different tune. In the days following the election, Obama said that he will be very involved in politics and plans to offer public criticism of Trump whenever he deems it to be necessary.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10107
    01 Jan '17 13:551 edit
    Two questions:

    1. Did Obama hold the country together as he seems to think?

    2. Is it better for the country for Obama to be critical of Trump rather than simply fade away like "W"? If Obama is the one power that holds the country together, then I suppose if he disappears so to does the country.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    29132
    01 Jan '17 14:01
    Originally posted by whodey
    Two questions:

    1. Did Obama hold the country together as he seems to think?

    2. Is it better for the country for Obama to be critical of Trump rather than simply fade away like "W"? If Obama is the one power that holds the country together, then I suppose if he disappears so to does the country.
    "1. Did Obama hold the country together as he seems to think?"
    this isn't a yes or no question. what do you even mean by "holding the country together"?

    "Is it better for the country for Obama to be critical of Trump rather than simply fade away like "W"?"
    of course it is better. it is better for every american to be critical of trump than to remain quiet.

    "If Obama is the one power that holds the country together"
    nobody said that
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10107
    01 Jan '17 15:03
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "1. Did Obama hold the country together as he seems to think?"
    this isn't a yes or no question. what do you even mean by "holding the country together"?

    "Is it better for the country for Obama to be critical of Trump rather than simply fade away like "W"?"
    of course it is better. it is better for every american to be critical of trump than to remain quiet.

    "If Obama is the one power that holds the country together"
    nobody said that
    Is this quote below not Obama trying to convey the message that he is taking credit for any success that has occurred around the world?

    “Almost every country on Earth sees America as stronger and more respected today than they did eight years ago,” Obama said. “We have made extraordinary progress as a country these past eight years.”

    All of that “progress,” Obama contended, was “not inevitable.” Instead, the president said it was a result of
  5. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    01 Jan '17 15:32
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/12/31/watch-obama-has-no-plans-to-leave-your-life-after-he-vacates-the-white-house-on-jan-20/

    Here is what Obama said about his 8 years in office.

    “Almost every country on Earth sees America as stronger and more respected today than they did eight years ago,” Obama said. “We have made extraordinary progress as a country ...[text shortened]... d in politics and plans to offer public criticism of Trump whenever he deems it to be necessary.
    BO has divided the country like never before. He and his co-horts have stoked the embers of hate, racism and division.
    Hate is what keeps him going. He is like a bad cancer cell that won't just go away.
  6. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56944
    01 Jan '17 17:53
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    BO has divided the country like never before. He and his co-horts have stoked the embers of hate, racism and division.
    Hate is what keeps him going. He is like a bad cancer cell that won't just go away.
    Uh... no... that's been your lot doing that.

    Even saying they were going to block everything he wanted passed, even if they actually agreed with it.

    Bloody morons.
  7. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    01 Jan '17 18:30
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Uh... no... that's been your lot doing that.

    Even saying they were going to block everything he wanted passed, even if they actually agreed with it.

    Bloody morons.
    The establishment repubs haven't blocked anything.
  8. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    01 Jan '17 18:39
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    BO has divided the country like never before. He and his co-horts have stoked the embers of hate, racism and division.
    Hate is what keeps him going. He is like a bad cancer cell that won't just go away.
    There is not a liberal America and a conservative America — there is the United States of America. There is not a Black America and a White America and Latino America and Asian America — there's the United States of America. - Barack Obama


    Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love! - Donald Trump
  9. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    01 Jan '17 18:49
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    The establishment repubs haven't blocked anything.
    Mitch McConnell filibustered his own bill in 2012 after it emerged that Obama would sign it.
  10. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    01 Jan '17 19:19
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    BO has divided the country like never before. He and his co-horts have stoked the embers of hate, racism and division.
    Hate is what keeps him going. He is like a bad cancer cell that won't just go away.
    I sprayed bug-killer around my cheap motel room once. You remind me of what happened next.
  11. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    01 Jan '17 19:201 edit
    The problem was not with the bug-killer.
  12. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    9664
    01 Jan '17 19:23
    I bet history will agree with me that Obama was middle-to-excellent prez.
  13. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    01 Jan '17 19:33
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    There is not a liberal America and a conservative America — there is the United States of America. There is not a Black America and a White America and Latino America and Asian America — there's the United States of America. - Barack Obama


    Happy New Year to all, including to my many enemies and those who have fought me and lost so badly they just don't know what to do. Love! - Donald Trump
    Nice words but he clearly did not mean them.
  14. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    01 Jan '17 19:37
    Originally posted by apathist
    I sprayed bug-killer around my cheap motel room once. You remind me of what happened next.
    You remind me of the cheap hotel.
  15. Standard memberRemoved
    Joined
    08 Dec '04
    Moves
    100919
    01 Jan '17 19:38
    Originally posted by apathist
    I bet history will agree with me that Obama was middle-to-excellent prez.
    In libtard land, in the real world dead last.
Back to Top