Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 03:25
    I believe his will go down as the most corrupt in history. The chaff is slowly rising to the top. .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senator-comeys-remarks-clinton-probe-heavily-edited-212038281--politics.html
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 03:27
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I believe his will go down as the most corrupt in history. The chaff is slowly rising to the top. .

https://www.yahoo.com/news/senator-comeys-remarks-clinton-probe-heavily-edited-212038281--politics.html
    Whataboutism

Anything to deflect from Mr. Corruption in the WH now, eh?
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 03:291 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Whataboutism

you don't need to precede your posting with a disclaimer. 😀
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 03:31
    Whataboutism

Seriously though...I'm curious why this corruption doesn't bother you? Why do you not mind our judicial system being raped?
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 05:32
    Seriously though...I'm curious why this corruption doesn't bother you? Why do you not mind our judicial system being raped?
    Excuse me?

I'm not sure that I like your tone, mister.

You think this is equivalent to rape?

Maleprivilege talking.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 12:06
    Excuse me?

I'm not sure that I like your tone, mister.

You think this is equivalent to rape?

Maleprivilege talking.
    You don't have to like my tone. I am not here to please you or seek your approval.

The word rape has more than one meaning, surely you are not that ignorant.

rape
    [rāp]

NOUN

2: the wanton destruction or spoiling of a place or area:
    "the rape of the Russian countryside"
    synonyms: destruction · violation · ravaging · pillaging · plundering · [more]
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 15:09
    You don't have to like my tone. I am not here to please you or seek your approval.

The word rape has more than one meaning, surely you are not that ignorant.

rape
    [rāp]

NOUN

2: the wanton destruction or spoiling of a place or area:
    "the rape of the Russian countryside"
    synonyms: destruction · violation · ravaging · pillaging · plundering · [more]
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rape

Rape:

a archaic : to seize and take away by force
    b : despoil

The sexual aspect of "rape" probably came later, as in to "seize and take away by force" a woman's body, virginity, "virtue", etc.

So it seems you're right.
  8. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 15:181 edit

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, though I don't agree with yours, I would defend your right to speak your mind. It's too bad so many on the right wing, who love to bash the media, simply because they don't like their views, don't feel the same way. 🙂

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/363098-poll-majority-of-trump-backers-say-media-is-enemy-of-american-people
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 16:04
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, though I don't agree with yours, I would defend your right to speak your mind. It's too bad so many on the right wing, who love to bash the media, simply because they don't like their views, don't feel the same way. 🙂

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/363098-poll-majority-of-trump-backers-say-media-is-enemy-of-american-people
    What does this have to do with obamas Presidency?
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 16:071 edit

More corrupt than Grant, Harding or Nixon? More corrupt than Reagan's ContraGate?

As for the story i.e. that Comey submitted a preliminary draft to other FBI officials who suggested changes, some of which were incorporated into his final statement, so what? That's pretty common practice in any organization and is no evidence of "corruption".
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 16:24
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    More corrupt than Grant, Harding or Nixon? More corrupt than Reagan's ContraGate?

As for the story i.e. that Comey submitted a preliminary draft to other FBI officials who suggested changes, some of which were incorporated into his final statement, so what? That's pretty common practice in any organization and is no evidence of "corruption".
    When the changes are made to avoid US law, then that is important. Also when the changes are suggested by an FBI agent that was clearly a supporter of the individual in question. He was later fired because of that and his anti Trump bias.

You mention other presidents but offer no points. My points are, Obama corrupted multiple govt agencies, had 9 heads plead to fifth to avoid charges. Several were given immunity. But my main question is...Obama spent ten trillion dollars...I have yet to understand where this went.
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 16:29
    When the changes are made to avoid US law, then that is important. Also when the changes are suggested by an FBI agent that was clearly a supporter of the individual in question. He was later fired because of that and his anti Trump bias.

You mention other presidents but offer no points. My points are, Obama corrupted multiple govt agencies, had ...[text shortened]... main question is...Obama spent ten trillion dollars...I have yet to understand where this went.
    I believe the Federal budget is online. Try Google.

If you don't know anything about the scandals under Grant, Harding, etc. etc. I suggest Google as well (though what exactly did you do in elementary and high school history class?).

We went all over this last summer; Comey, like virtually every single legal analyst not employed by Fox News or right wing "think tanks", correctly concluded that there was no violations of the law by HRC in the e-mail molehill.
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 16:46
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    I believe the Federal budget is online. Try Google.

If you don't know anything about the scandals under Grant, Harding, etc. etc. I suggest Google as well (though what exactly did you do in elementary and high school history class?).

We went all over this last summer; Comey, like virtually every single legal analyst not employed by Fox News or rig ...[text shortened]... nks", correctly concluded that there was no violations of the law by HRC in the e-mail molehill.
    You want me to provide your points? LMFAO! be gone!
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 16:49

uhuh.
    appointing rick perry to the department of energy.
    appointing steve mnuching. appointing relatives into positions of leadership. allowing wealthy donors to write the tax bill. appointing a jhit pai as head of fcc after he worked for verizon. appointing betsy devos because she donated millions of dollars to republicans even though she is dumb as a rock. appointing ben carson. having his stooges advertise his products in interviews.

and there are still 3 more years of trump to go. obama will have to live with the disappointment of being beat by trump in the "most corrupt president in history"
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    15 Dec '17 16:49
    You want me to provide your points? LMFAO! be gone!
    No, I assume most reasonably intelligent people know about the scandals like, oh, Watergate. If you don't, you are hardly qualified to judge Obama's Presidency as the "most corrupt".

As to HRC, here's one of last year's threads regarding the e-mail molehill: https://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/no-indictment.169323