Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 07 Nov '12 13:18
    Tell us why you voted for Obama this go round. What do you wish to see him do?
  2. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    07 Nov '12 14:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    I voted for Obama because I have a visceral hatred for the Republican party.

I wish to see him send all the hedge fund managers, bankers and Wall Street plutocrats to the guillotine.
  3. 07 Nov '12 14:44
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I voted for Obama because I have a visceral hatred for the Republican party.

I wish to see him send all the hedge fund managers, bankers and Wall Street plutocrats to the guillotine.
    That's a progressive attitude. Perhaps one day someone will support a candidate that wishes the same for you and your family.
  4. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    07 Nov '12 14:45
    Originally posted by quackquack
    That's a progressive attitude. Perhaps one day someone will support a candidate that wishes the same for you and your family.
    I'm sure they already do.
  5. 07 Nov '12 14:58
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I'm sure they already do.
    I doubt you are important enough for anyone to have that as part of their platform.

But, seriously politics should not deteriorate to the point that we hope for the violent deaths of those that don't share our exact political beliefs and your comments, even if in jest, are seriously out of line.
  6. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    07 Nov '12 15:40
    I doubt you are important enough for anyone to have that as part of their platform.

But, seriously politics should not deteriorate to the point that we hope for the violent deaths of those that don't share our exact political beliefs and your comments, even if in jest, are seriously out of line.
  7. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    07 Nov '12 18:08

Humour wingnuts, first up against the wall!
  8. 07 Nov '12 18:40
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Humour wingnuts, first up against the wall!
    It is only considered humor when the target is someone with wealth. No one would see it as humorous if someone discussed something equally tasteless like lynching minorities.
  9. Standard member Bosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    07 Nov '12 18:55 / 2 edits
    It is only considered humor when the target is someone with wealth. No one would see it as humorous if someone discussed something equally tasteless like lynching minorities.
    The wealthy do constitute a minority. Unfortunately, humourless wingnuts appear to make up a sizeable chunk of Usania. (53%, according to Mitt's statistics.)
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    07 Nov '12 20:23

The guillotine is actually quite humane; Rwingo has moderated from his prior position that hedge fund managers and bankers be flayed alive. Old age has a way of mellowing you.
  11. 07 Nov '12 20:28 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The guillotine is actually quite humane; Rwingo has moderated from his prior position that hedge fund managers and bankers be flayed alive. Old age has a way of mellowing you.
    Unfortunatley old age hasn't made him any brighter.
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    07 Nov '12 20:30
    It's best to spell check when insulting someone else's intelligence.
  13. Donation rwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    07 Nov '12 20:31
    :'(
  14. 07 Nov '12 20:47
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's best to spell check when insulting someone else's intelligence.
    The fact that I make a typo does not change the fact that only a moron would advocating the killing of people based on their job title.
  15. 07 Nov '12 21:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    The number one problem, in my opinion, from which a great number of lesser problems flow, is income inequality. Fiscal conservatives point out, and they are right, that if you taxed the top incomes at 100% you wouldn't generate the revenue needed to sustain a standard of living leading to political stability. It seems obvious to me that the converse is likely true: If the middle and lower economic rungs cannot routinely (?!)
    improve their standard of living, political stability will suffer. Amongst the obstacles in the way is a tax code both unintelligible and unfair, and, to name only one more, a technological revolution which exponentially compounds the inequality of opportunity. I have in mind the example of computers trading on Wall Street, processing data at such speed that the individual without that resource holds virtually ALL the risk. I worked on Wall Street for ten years. Look at the returns of the large trading houses. They live in a virtually risk-free world.
    I would like to see lots of progress on the tax code and the subject of the technology 'haves' brought up for discussion.