Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 17:52
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/26/obama-administration-used-tear-gas-border-once-mon/

Why is it that Obama used tear gas once a month on immigrants at the border and the press says NOTHING but Trump does it once and all hell breaks lose?

Again, Obama also locked kids in cages but all was well with the world until it happened under Trump.

The media sucks.
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 19:03
    @whodey said
    https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/26/obama-administration-used-tear-gas-border-once-mon/

Why is it that Obama used tear gas once a month on immigrants at the border and the press says NOTHING but Trump does it once and all hell breaks lose?

Again, Obama also locked kids in cages but all was well with the world until it happened under Trump.

The media sucks.
    It's hard to know whether it is most appropriate to laugh or cry at those who hysterically claim that when a group of migrants are approaching the border to apply for asylum it is an "invasion" threatening our national security ......................................................... and then turn around and claim that subsequent events at the border are getting too much coverage compared to prior periods.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 19:581 edit
    @whodey said

The media sucks.
    I don't know, maybe it's the locking 2,000 immigrant children in cages in the span of one month, pardoning a man who violates the rights of Hispanics even after a court told him to stop, then said that same man was doing a "great job"......

"they're rapists, they're on drugs....."

etc., etc.

Trump's excessive media coverage is his own fault.
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 20:06
    I think illegally using chemical weapons on an invading army probably sums it all up.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 20:39
    @no1marauder said
    It's hard to know whether it is most appropriate to laugh or cry at those who hysterically claim that when a group of migrants are approaching the border to apply for asylum it is an "invasion" threatening our national security ......................................................... and then turn around and claim that subsequent events at the border are getting too much coverage compared to prior periods.
    I see, so you apparently know all about them.

Do tell.

How many of them were there and tell us all about them.

Funny, we would never know unless a border stops them and they are forced to ASK for permission to come into the country.

But people like you are opposed to that. You much prefer random and forcibly entry and subsequent citizenship no matter who they are.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 20:41
    @shavixmir said
    I think illegally using chemical weapons on an invading army probably sums it all up.
    Interestingly, Hitler tried a coup to overthrow the German government, then he got wise and decided to do it through votes.

These are voters that are coming to America who WILL hold the power of overthrowing the government.
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 20:591 edit
    @whodey said
    I see, so you apparently know all about them.

Do tell.

How many of them were there and tell us all about them.

Funny, we would never know unless a border stops them and they are forced to ASK for permission to come into the country.

But people like you are opposed to that. You much prefer random and forcibly entry and subsequent citizenship no matter who they are.
    I support no such thing as you surely know.

If you want some background information on the situation at the border, I suggest this: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2018/11/26/18112474/tear-gas-border-patrol-caravan-rocks
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 21:00
    @no1marauder said
    I support no such thing as you surely know.
    You would never come out and say it, you would just try to thwart any attempt to secure the border, like building a wall and deride those that want one.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 21:07
    @whodey said
    You would never come out and say it, you would just try to thwart any attempt to secure the border, like building a wall and deride those that want one.
    Trump could have already had his funding for a wall as I have pointed out many times on this board; more than half the Senate voted for $25 billion in funding for it contingent on a DACA deal. At the time, I said I supported that compromise meaning my position is nothing like what you are claiming.

His tirades against immigration are more about keeping people of color out by any means necessary rather than any actual concern about border security (which is why he wants to reduce legal immigration).
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    27 Nov '18 23:39
    you are fuking crazy...the dems killed the daca deal...oh yeah, a fuking hypocrite to boot.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 00:12
    @whodey said

The media sucks.
    Washington Times?

The rag founded by that charlatan Sun Myung Moon?
    The "newspaper" that claimed Obama was born in Kenya?
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 00:31
    that's it? that's all you got?
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 01:17
    Ah, you mean half the population of India, I guess that would give them the vote.

So let's see, one million immigrants come in and vote and 150 MILLION Americans now vote. Yessir, a real threat from those rapists and drug dealers coming in by the millions.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 01:25
    @no1marauder said
    Trump could have already had his funding for a wall as I have pointed out many times on this board; more than half the Senate voted for $25 billion in funding for it contingent on a DACA deal. At the time, I said I supported that compromise meaning my position is nothing like what you are claiming.

His tirades against immigration are more about keeping people of color ...[text shortened]... r than any actual concern about border security (which is why he wants to reduce legal immigration).
    The GOP had full control over Congress and the Executive, so they need not have had to make a deal regarding DACA to build the wall.

I grow weary of the double speak, so where to lay the blame becomes speculative.

Let me just say that those in the GOP that went down in flames during the midterms told Trump not to campaign for them on the issue of immigration.

And as we all know, the Dims in the House will do NOTHING to build that wall either.

No, I fully believe that all the money in drug trafficking and human slave trade that comes across the border finds its way in the pockets of both parties, not to mention the slave labor that comes with it.

Now the GOP will still talk as if they want to secure the border, but we just learned that was all a lie. Unfortunately, as voters, all we can do is vote according to what politicians say they will do.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    28 Nov '18 04:55
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you are fuking crazy...the dems killed the daca deal...oh yeah, a fuking hypocrite to boot.
    False. In the Senate, 46 Democrats and 8 Republicans voted for the "Common Sense Plan" which would have given $25 billion for the wall and offered DACA recipients a chance for citizenship but denied them the ability to sponsor their parents for "chain immigration". The Republicans filibustered it in the Senate, refused to even vote on it in the House and Trump had threatened to veto it if it passed (despite his claims to favor a DACA path to citizenship). This all happened in February 2018.