Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 15 Aug '11 17:50
    Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, according to Gallup.

    President Obama’s approval rating dropped to below 40 percent, an all-time low, according to Gallup’s daily tracking poll.
    The poll released Sunday says 39 percent of Americans approve of Obama’s performance, while 54 percent disapprove.


    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/14/obamas-approval-rating-drops-to-lowest-ever-according-to-gallup/#ixzz1V7ZEjMVw
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    15 Aug '11 17:52
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, according to Gallup.

    President Obama’s approval rating dropped to below 40 percent, an all-time low, according to Gallup’s daily tracking poll.
    The poll released Sunday says 39 percent of Americans approve of Obama’s performance, while 54 percent disapprove.


    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/14/obamas-approval-rating-drops-to-lowest-ever-according-to-gallup/#ixzz1V7ZEjMVw
    Yet Gallup also has him leading every Republican candidate and up 6 points against a generic Republican.
  3. Standard member wittywonka
    Chocolate Expert
    15 Aug '11 17:55
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Obama's Approval Rating Drops to Lowest Ever, according to Gallup.

    President Obama’s approval rating dropped to below 40 percent, an all-time low, according to Gallup’s daily tracking poll.
    The poll released Sunday says 39 percent of Americans approve of Obama’s performance, while 54 percent disapprove.


    Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/14/obamas-approval-rating-drops-to-lowest-ever-according-to-gallup/#ixzz1V7ZEjMVw
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/president_obama_job_approval-1044.html
  4. 15 Aug '11 18:26
    This could be a problem for Obama however. Most Presidents dip below 40 percent at some point in their first term, but usually before this. I don't know how many previous presidents have been below 40 this late. I think Reagan was climbing out by now.

    But Obama has the advantage in a lack of a viable Republican candidate. I think Fox and the WSJ are hoping Perry will deliver them, but his politics are far to the right of the mainstream.
  5. 15 Aug '11 18:50 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yet Gallup also has him leading every Republican candidate and up 6 points against a generic Republican.
    It's true. Obama is around 2% approval and his GOP counterparts are around 1%.

    I just love "democracies"!!!!
  6. 15 Aug '11 18:57
    Originally posted by whodey

    I just love "democracies"!!!!
    Which form of government would you prefer?
  7. 15 Aug '11 19:56
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Yet Gallup also has him leading every Republican candidate and up 6 points against a generic Republican.
    "Ching- ching" I will be collecting that money in person at Cagneys.
  8. 15 Aug '11 19:58
    An exclusive Newsmax/InsiderAdvantage poll shows that only 13.4 percent of voters still feel confident about the economy, while a stunning 61 percent describe themselves as either “alarmed” or “somewhat alarmed.”

    Another 22.3 percent describe themselves as “uncertain” regarding how the current economy will affect them and their families.

    Perhaps most worrisome for the Obama administration: Swing voters appear to have lost faith in President Barack Obama’s performance on the economy. Only 35 percent of them somewhat approve or approve of Obama’s economic job performance, compared with 58 percent who either somewhat disapprove or disapprove.



    Read more on Newsmax.com: Newsmax Poll: 61% Alarmed About Obama's Economy
    Important: Do You Support Pres. Obama's Re-Election? Vote Here Now!
  9. 15 Aug '11 20:01 / 1 edit
    unless Obama experiences some kind of a miracle in the next 12 months, any viable republican candidate will give him a good run for the money...now he has a record to attack he'll have one tough fight.... no matter how much money he raises, it's hard to cover up the fact that he has failed.
  10. 15 Aug '11 20:01
    oh wait, he did "win" the Nobel Peace Prize,,,,?????
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    15 Aug '11 20:44
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    "Ching- ching" I will be collecting that money in person at Cagneys.
    Have fun; it's still closed.
  12. 15 Aug '11 21:34
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Which form of government would you prefer?
    As near as I can figure, this one:
  13. Donation mwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    15 Aug '11 21:38 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    This could be a problem for Obama however. Most Presidents dip below 40 percent at some point in their first term, but usually before this. I don't know how many previous presidents have been below 40 this late. I think Reagan was climbing out by now.

    But Obama has the advantage in a lack of a viable Republican candidate. I think Fox and the WSJ are hoping Perry will deliver them, but his politics are far to the right of the mainstream.
    This goes back to Truman, for comparison.

    http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/presidential-approval-tracker.htm

    EDIT: I just played with it some more. You can use the tabs at the top of the graph window and then show a comparison between just a couple of presidents that you can specifically select if you don't want to see all of them. Probably it will do other things too that I haven't figured out yet.
  14. 15 Aug '11 21:41
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Have fun; it's still closed.
    Out front is good enough.You remember where it is.
  15. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    15 Aug '11 22:40
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    Out front is good enough.You remember where it is.
    Actually, I was at the Colonial on Saturday (though it's not called that anymore).

    I thought you were in Atlanta; are you going to pay air fare just to hand me $50?