Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 31 Aug '10 00:00
    i don't see why they're making a big deal of it. ain't it his own business?
  2. 31 Aug '10 00:14
    Yeah I don't see the issue either. But if you are going to try to support Obama and try to give him any sort of validity, where else are you going to go?

National Security? No.

Economy? Heck no.
  3. 31 Aug '10 00:24
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    It's in the GOP's best interest to lie to the public claiming that Obama is a Muslim. Not because it's a big deal, but because a Muslim even less electable than an atheist.
  4. 31 Aug '10 01:26
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    It's in the GOP's best interest to lie to the public claiming that Obama is a Muslim. Not because it's a big deal, but because a Muslim even less electable than an atheist.
    So the GOP is spreading that lie? you have proof of that?
  5. 31 Aug '10 01:41
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    So the GOP is spreading that lie? you have proof of that?
    http://marcovilla.instablogs.com/entry/republicans-claiming-obama-is-a-muslim/

To say nothing of Republican blogs and websites making this claim over and over. Come on now, you read those things religiously.
  6. 31 Aug '10 01:46
    it's more in the interest of the Democrats, because they try to make anyone parroting it look stupid.

when did the latest round of media headlines over this pop up? what were they trying to distract people from?

even Jeremiah Wright's in on it! are you guys dumb enough to think he's really severed ties with Obama or vice versa?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wag_the_dog
  7. 31 Aug '10 01:46
    http://marcovilla.instablogs.com/entry/republicans-claiming-obama-is-a-muslim/

To say nothing of Republican blogs and websites making this claim over and over. Come on now, you read those things religiously.
    I agree but I dont believe they are any more the "GOP" than the dailykios is "the Democratic Party"
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    31 Aug '10 01:48
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Yeah I don't see the issue either. But if you are going to try to support Obama and try to give him any sort of validity, where else are you going to go?

National Security? No.

Economy? Heck no.
    This is an ironic statement from you seeing how during the 2008 campaign you stated that it was "probable" or "better than 50% chance" that Obama was a sleeper Islamic Fundamentalist and that one shouldn't vote for him because "why take a chance" that this was true.

Have you abandoned such a viewpoint?
  9. 31 Aug '10 01:52
    it's more in the interest of the Democrats, because they try to make anyone parroting it look stupid.

when did the latest round of media headlines over this pop up? what were they trying to distract people from?

even Jeremiah Wright's in on it! are you guys dumb enough to think he's really severed ties with Obama or vice versa?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wag_the_dog
    I just showed you examples of Republicans pushing this issue (admittedly most are only remaining complicity silent). Also your favorite GOP websites all push this myth.

It came up because a recent poll showed a surprising number of Americans are actually believing this crap. In other words their crap is working.
  10. 31 Aug '10 06:01
    I say he is Hindu. Of course, he is ashamed of being a Hindu, that is why he tries to convince everyone he is a Muslim, while at the same time claiming to be a Christian. At his core, however, I believe him to be a pagan. Of course, my opinion on the matter is shared with only 15% of the population according to the last Fox nes poll I saw, but there is only a 50% chance of that according to the last CNN poll I saw.
  11. 31 Aug '10 06:20 / 1 edit
    It came up because a recent poll showed a surprising number of Americans are actually believing this crap. In other words their crap is working.
    There are either a lot of really dumb Americans or there is something wrong with the methodology of polls - or both.
    I think both.
    Lets see if we can do a poll on it.

I have met an American in person who during the election campaign was partly convinced that Obama was Muslim. The interesting thing is he didn't seem to care that he was wrong. He knew it was the party line, so he was sticking with it regardless of its truth value.
  12. 31 Aug '10 07:03
    I just showed you examples of Republicans pushing this issue (admittedly most are only remaining complicity silent). Also your favorite GOP websites all push this myth.

make up your mind. are they "pushing this issue" or "remaining complicitly silent"?

do i need to comment on EVERY issue that comes up? if i don't does it make me complicitly silent?

what poll?
  13. 31 Aug '10 07:05

marcovilla.instablogs.com? that's your credible GOP/conservative source?

it says BLOG in the link! why would i click on it?
  14. 31 Aug '10 07:32
    make up your mind. are they "pushing this issue" or "remaining complicitly silent"?

do i need to comment on EVERY issue that comes up? if i don't does it make me complicitly silent?

what poll?
    There's no contradiction.

Some Republicans (I'm talking about public officials) are claiming Obama is Muslim.

Most Republicans are complicitly silent.

All Conservative websites are pushing the myth.

This poll:

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1701/poll-obama-muslim-christian-church-out-of-politics-political-leaders-religious
  15. 31 Aug '10 07:40
    marcovilla.instablogs.com? that's your credible GOP/conservative source?

it says BLOG in the link! why would i click on it?
    Do you deny that, for example, Kim Lehman has repeatedly made claims that Obama is Muslim?

How about Ann Coulter, do you deny that?

How about your favorite Conservative websites? Do you deny they push the myth?