1. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 15:28
    http://www.parents.com/blogs/parents-news-now/2011/07/01/celebrities/octomom-says-her-babies-disgust-her/

Nadya Suleman, the California mother who became known as the “Octomom” after she gave birth to octuplets in 2009, has reportedly told In Touch magazine that her babies “disgust” her, that she has suffered from suicidal thoughts, and that her financial woes are overwhelming.

Suleman, who was labeled with the moniker “Octomom” after she gave birth to octuplets in 2009, told the publication, “I hate the babies, they disgust me.”
    She went on, “My older six are animals, getting more and more out of control, because I have no time to properly discipline them.”

The single mom told the magazine that the only way she can cope is to lock herself in the bathroom and cry.

“Sometimes I sit there for hours and even eat my lunch sitting on the toilet floor. Anything to get peace and quiet,” she said….

“Some days I have thought about killing myself. I cannot cope,” Suleman tells In Touch. She says of her kids, “Obviously, I love them – but I absolutely wish I had not had them.”

Sad, yet thoroughly predictable.

Folks, just because the technology to do something exists really doesn't mean you HAVE TO do it.
  2. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 16:35
    Originally posted by sh76
    http://www.parents.com/blogs/parents-news-now/2011/07/01/celebrities/octomom-says-her-babies-disgust-her/

[quote]Nadya Suleman, the California mother who became known as the “Octomom” after she gave birth to octuplets in 2009, has reportedly told In Touch magazine that her babies “disgust” her, that she has suffered from suicidal thoughts, and that her finan ...[text shortened]... olks, just because the technology to do something exists really doesn't mean you HAVE TO do it.
    Stupid woman.
  3. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 17:49
    It's so easy to judge someone as "stupid." Nobody really knows what they're getting into with parenthood even just with one child, and they probably caught her in a particularly depressing moment. The media should give her a break.
  4. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 17:54
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    It's so easy to judge someone as "stupid." Nobody really knows what they're getting into with parenthood even just with one child, and they probably caught her in a particularly depressing moment. The media should give her a break.
    Normally I would agree with you.

However, these eight kids were not her first kids. Also, even if they were, you don't jump into the deep end of a pool without ever having learned how to swim at all before.

When these kids were born she pretty much went after media attention and tried to get as much of it as possible - she even was in the process of getting a reality TV show at one point.

I feel bad for her and I hope she can get some help if only for the sake of her kids since they are the ones who suffer more from this.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 18:05
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    However, these eight kids were not her first kids. Also, even if they were, you don't jump into the deep end of a pool without ever having learned how to swim at all before.
    Those arguments contradict each other, but I get the gist of your point. 😉
  6. Joined
    06 May '05
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 18:30
    Those arguments contradict each other, but I get the gist of your point. 😉
    You're right, they do. Oops.

I can't imagine having 8 kids at a time, not to mention the amount she had in addition.
  7. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 20:11
    Weren't her fertility treatments paid for by taxpayers?
  8. Joined
    03 Feb '07
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 22:06
    Originally posted by dryhump
    Weren't her fertility treatments paid for by taxpayers?
    No. You're jumbling what Rush told you about how the kids will be on welfare and all.
  9. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 22:24
    No. You're jumbling what Rush told you about how the kids will be on welfare and all.
    Last I knew it was a $ 800,000 bill and she is not working. Maybe she managed to have the $800,000 bill covered ( I doubt it) but her publicist has said she is receiving public assistance now. Food stamps,etc,etc.
  10. Joined
    14 Dec '07
    Moves
    03 Nov '11 22:52
    I don't listen to Rush, dude.
  11. Germany
    Moves
    04 Nov '11 09:46
    It's so easy to judge someone as "stupid."
    It's particularly easy when someone is actually stupid. As if it's such a daunting task to estimate beforehand the time and money involved.
  12. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 06:53

[quote]Nadya Suleman, the California mother who became known as the “Octomom” after she gave birth to octuplets in 2009, has reportedly told In Touch magazine that her babies “disgust” her, that she has suffered from suicidal thoughts, and that her finan ...[text shortened]... olks, just because the technology to do something exists really doesn't mean you HAVE TO do it.
    It is even worse when you consider how much assistance this woman has received that most single moms haven't.

It raises the question of why people who make good decisions ought to be forced to pay for the bad ones of others.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 07:56
    Perhaps she should "kill herself" - then the baby ones would eat her for nourishment.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 08:10
    Originally posted by Soothfast
    Stupid woman.
    She is not so much stupid as having serious psychological issues. It is the doctors that gave her the fertility treatment that are most to blame.
  15. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Nov '11 08:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Perhaps she should "kill herself" - then the baby ones would eat her for nourishment.
    Octomom and Heinz ! MMMM Yum !

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree