Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    04 Jun '18 01:341 edit
    So why are all the leftist progressives™ so eager to label everyone else racists, when they proudly support Planned Parenthood... an organization founded by a total racist who hoped to diminish, if not wipe out, the the black population.
  2. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    04 Jun '18 01:42
    Many progressives™ totally hate the Founding Fathers (and thus claim the founding documents are void) because the founders had slaves. Ok, then why not use the same logic on Planned Parenthood and support removing federal tax dollars from their funding.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35838
    04 Jun '18 12:03
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Many progressives™ totally hate the Founding Fathers (and thus claim the founding documents are void) because the founders had slaves. Ok, then why not use the same logic on Planned Parenthood and support removing federal tax dollars from their funding.
    Your "given" statement (that progressives hate the Founding Fathers and claim that the documents are void) is outrageously wrong, despite the lies spoon-fed to you by Fox News.

    Sean Hannity lies almost as much as his hero, Donald Trump. It's ridiculous to me that anyone listens to either of them.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    04 Jun '18 12:19
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Planned Parenthood... an organization founded by a total racist who hoped to diminish, if not wipe out, the the black population.
    Wrong.

    https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/08/14/432080520/fact-check-was-planned-parenthood-started-to-control-the-black-population

    Sanger [the Planned Parenthood Founder] also worked closely with NAACP founder W.E.B. DuBois on a "Negro Project," which she viewed as a way to get safe contraception to African-Americans.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Jun '18 12:361 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Wrong.

    https://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/08/14/432080520/fact-check-was-planned-parenthood-started-to-control-the-black-population

    Sanger [the Planned Parenthood Founder] also worked closely with NAACP founder W.E.B. DuBois on a "Negro Project," which she viewed as a way to get safe contraception to African-Americans.
    There is mindless rhetoric, and then there are the facts.

    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/nyc-more-black-babies-killed-abortion-born

    In 2012, there were more black babies killed by abortion (31,328) in New York City than were born there (24,758), and the black children killed comprised 42.4% of the total number of abortions in the Big Apple, according to a report by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    04 Jun '18 13:20
    Originally posted by @whodey
    There is mindless rhetoric, and then there are the facts.

    https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/nyc-more-black-babies-killed-abortion-born

    In 2012, there were more black babies killed by abortion (31,328) in New York City than were born there (24,758), and the black children killed comprised 42.4% of the total number of abortions in t ...[text shortened]... e Big Apple, according to a report by the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
    What point are you trying to make? Blacks tend to live in poorer neighborhoods, with less access to contraception. More access to contraception would reduce the number of abortions.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Jun '18 14:155 edits
    Originally posted by @vivify
    What point are you trying to make? Blacks tend to live in poorer neighborhoods, with less access to contraception. More access to contraception would reduce the number of abortions.
    The accusation was made that Planned Parenthood was created by Margaret Sanger to wipe out the black population. I then showed how this is happening.

    “We should hire three or four colored ministers, preferably with social-service backgrounds, and with engaging personalities. The most successful educational approach to the Negro is through a religious appeal. We don’t want the word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population. And the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.”

    – Margaret Sanger’s December 19, 1939 letter to Dr. Clarence Gamble, 255 Adams Street, Milton, Massachusetts. Original source: Sophia Smith Collection, Smith College, North Hampton, Massachusetts. Also described in Linda Gordon’s Woman’s Body, Woman’s Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America. New York: Grossman Publishers, 1976 (emphasis mine).


    “Birth control must lead ultimately to a cleaner race.”

    – Margaret Sanger. Woman, Morality, and Birth Control. New York: New York Publishing Company, 1922, page 12 (emphasis mine).

    The government ought to “apply a stern and rigid policy of sterilization and segregation to that grade of population whose progeny is tainted, or whose inheritance is such that objectionable traits may be transmitted to offspring.”

    And the government should “give certain dysgenic groups (those with ‘bad genes&rsquo😉 in our population their choice of segregation or sterilization.”

    – Margaret Sanger, “A Plan for Peace.” Birth Control Review, April 1932, pages 107-108 (emphasis mine).

    Birth control: “To create a race of thoroughbreds.”

    – Margaret Sanger, “Unity.” The Birth Control Review, Nov 1921 (emphasis mine).

    “Birth Control is not merely an individual problem; it is not merely a national question, it concerns the whole wide world, the ultimate destiny of the human race.

    “Hordes of people [are] born, who live, yet who have done absolutely nothing to advance their race one iota. Their lives are hopeless repetitions… Such human weeds clog up the path, drain up the energies and the resources of this little earth. We must clear the way for a better world; we must cultivate our garden.”

    – Margaret Sanger. Birth Control: Facts and Responsibilities, 1925 (emphasis mine).
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    04 Jun '18 14:211 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The accusation was made that Planned Parenthood was created by Margaret Sanger to wipe out the black population. I then showed how this is happening.
    If those pregnancies were prevented with contraception, would that be wiping out the black population?

    As for that quote of yours, you need a link, buddy. You're still on timeout from all those hoax articles you've posted.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Jun '18 14:23
    Originally posted by @vivify
    If those pregnancies were prevented with contraception, would that be wiping out the black population?

    As for that quote of yours, you need a link, buddy. You're still on timeout from all those hoax articles you've posted.
    You would reject the link because any link you would accept is hopelessly bias and not report such things.

    What is better is going to the sources from which these come, which is your better beta and I have provided.
  10. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    04 Jun '18 14:51
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Your "given" statement (that progressives hate the Founding Fathers and claim that the documents are void) is outrageously wrong, despite the lies spoon-fed to you by Fox News.

    Sean Hannity lies almost as much as his hero, Donald Trump. It's ridiculous to me that anyone listens to either of them.
    Sorry but my summation of the left's disgust with our (slave-owning) founding fathers has nothing to do with Fox News. And personally I can't stand Sean Hannity. He's a total hack that parrots the same talking points for months and months.
  11. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    04 Jun '18 14:53
    The fact that Margaret Sanger was a racist is not even up for debate. Her intent from the beginning was to diminish the black population. That's just a fact.
  12. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    04 Jun '18 15:21
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    So why are all the leftist progressives™ so eager to label everyone else racists, when they proudly support Planned Parenthood... an organization founded by a total racist who hoped to diminish, if not wipe out, the the black population.
    If it quacks like a goose, and it steps like a goose...
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    04 Jun '18 15:28
    Originally posted by @whodey
    You would reject the link because any link you would accept is hopelessly bias and not report such things.

    What is better is going to the sources from which these come, which is your better beta and I have provided.
    In other words, you don't want to post a source to that quote because you know it will be called out for being laughably right-wing.
  14. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Joined
    23 Sep '06
    Moves
    18031
    04 Jun '18 16:43
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Sorry but my summation of the left's disgust with our (slave-owning) founding fathers has nothing to do with Fox News. And personally I can't stand Sean Hannity. He's a total hack that parrots the same talking points for months and months.
    And you of course are a steady listener.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    04 Jun '18 16:451 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    In other words, you don't want to post a source to that quote because you know it will be called out for being laughably right-wing.
    Anything that casts Hillary or Margaret Singer in a bad light is horribly right wing.

    That much is a given.

    Why not look at the sources I provided instead?
Back to Top