Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 12:55
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/teen-who-committed-suicide-in-school-bathroom-planned-massacre/ar-BBJLpd9?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

It appears that a middle school student had planned to shoot up his school, but inexplicably went into a bathroom and shot himself instead.

On his social media, he said that the Columbine shooters inspired him and that he wanted to be great like they were and wanted the world to recognize him.

Is this not the same kind of reasoning that the Florida shooter used? Did he not want to break the last school shooting record?

Why does the media not refuse to show their face and name to the world? It is obvious to me that the media is driving these school shootings.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 13:11
    As I've said before... yes, that should happen.

It's just that, when that happens, clows exactly like yourself would immediately begin to scream "cencorship!" and "MSM is holding the truth from us!"

Especially in the case of Muslim terrorism.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 14:103 edits
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    As I've said before... yes, that should happen.

It's just that, when that happens, clows exactly like yourself would immediately begin to scream "cencorship!" and "MSM is holding the truth from us!"

Especially in the case of Muslim terrorism.
    Ok.

And your point is?

You can give a brief description. Are the male/female, gay/straight, Dim/Pube, whitey/darky, etc. Just no details as to name or picture. The minute they die the world forgets them foreva!!!
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 14:20
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Ok.

And your point is?

You can give a brief description. Are the male/female, gay/straight, Dim/Pube, whitey/darky, etc. Just no details as to name or picture. The minute they die the world forgets them foreva!!!
    My point is just that.

When the media gives information fools like you cry about it.

When the media withholds information fools like you cry about it.

I'd like to see the media withhold information concerning the number of victims and then read your moral outrage about.

Also..... don't be a dumbass. The name will come out anyway, because of social media. And on top of that, you require their gender, sexual orientation, political orientation, skin colour, etc.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 14:252 edits
    My point is just that.

When the media gives information fools like you cry about it.

When the media withholds information fools like you cry about it.

I'd like to see the media withhold information concerning the number of victims and then read your moral outrage about.

Also..... don't be a dumbass. The name will come out anyway, because ...[text shortened]... of that, you require their gender, sexual orientation, political orientation, skin colour, etc.
    I would think that the media would like to continue to piss off people like me?

Why not save lives while doing it?

Then again, it brings good ratings and more public sentiment to ban guns.

Never mind.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 14:38
    I would think that the media would like to continue to piss off people like me?

Why not save lives while doing it?

Then again, it brings good ratings and more public sentiment to ban guns.

Never mind.
    Ah, so that's the angle. I get it now.

You're afraid all this attention for these shootings is going turn the tides for gun ownership.
  7. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 14:461 edit

Why does the media not refuse to show their face and name to the world?
    Perhaps they want to stop conspiracy theorist from thinking that the government sent these shooters into schools as a pretext to take away our guns.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 14:481 edit
    Ah, so that's the angle. I get it now.

You're afraid all this attention for these shootings is going turn the tides for gun ownership.
    No, I've already stated that what they need to do is secure the schools with people who can defend it. We see this in government buildings around the US, even though they never are targeted

How then can we ignore schools getting shot up every month? Even if they ban all guns, the problems still remains.

What I'm proposing is just an easy common sense idea that would save lives.

Neither party on both sides of the gun issue really care about the kids. If there is a shooting tomorrow, the kids wounded will be life flighted to Washington for another protest by Soros and the NRA will simply throw more money at government to secure gun rights. Neither side is looking at a solution to keep kids safe.
  9. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 15:411 edit
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/teen-who-committed-suicide-in-school-bathroom-planned-massacre/ar-BBJLpd9?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

It appears that a middle school student had planned to shoot up his school, but inexplicably went into a bathroom and shot himself instead.

On his social media, he said that the Columbine shooters inspired him and that ...[text shortened]... ce and name to the world? It is obvious to me that the media is driving these school shootings.
    It is obvious to me that the media is driving these school shootings.

These school shootings are the media's fault?? This is going to be really difficult for you Whodey, but please try to follow along:

1. The Media did not purchase these guns, the shooters did.

2. The Media did not purchase the ammunation, the shooters did.

3. The Media did not load the ammunition into the guns, the shooters did.

4. The Media did not pull the trigger, the shooters did.

I know this contains some big words Whodey, but if you read this over and over, it might just sink in. 🙄
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 15:48
    Originally posted by @mchill
    It is obvious to me that the media is driving these school shootings.

These school shootings are the media's fault?? This is going to be really difficult for you Whodey, but please try to follow along:

1. The Media did not purchase these guns, the shooters did.

2. The Media did not purchase the ammunation, the shooters did.

3. The Media did no ...[text shortened]... is contains some big words Whodey, but if you read this over and over, it might just sink in. 🙄
    I'm sorry, I thought the NRA killed the children.

Are you seriously suggesting that the shooter is responsible? 😲

Why not accept that in each of these shooters sick minds they wanted to world to know just how many people they could kill so that their names could be plastered on the TV screen for all to see.

Nothing to see here!
  11. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 16:06
    No, I've already stated that what they need to do is secure the schools with people who can defend it. We see this in government buildings around the US, even though they never are targeted

How then can we ignore schools getting shot up every month? Even if they ban all guns, the problems still remains.

What I'm proposing is just an easy common sense ...[text shortened]... ey at government to secure gun rights. Neither side is looking at a solution to keep kids safe.
    😴

Getting a bit boring this, wouldn't you agree? Been there, done that.

Either in the coming years your smarter fellow citizens begin to ignore fools like you and start to rid the country of the gun culture, or they don't.

More (school) shootings or less (school) shootings will follow.

I'll undoubtedly read about as I sip my coffee.
  12. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 18:21
    `Originally posted by @quackquack
    Perhaps they want to stop conspiracy theorist from thinking that the government sent these shooters into schools as a pretext to take away our guns.
    So far, they've done a pretty good job at shutting the whole "David Hogg is a crisis actor" motif down, nearly completely.
    Anyone looking for any such idea will be met with page after page about how David used to live in California, how he returned last summer for a visit and subsequently filmed an incident involving a lifeguard and a surfboard.
    DEBUNKED!
    Anyone attending the "Here's All the Facts" Seminar is welcome to pick up the =FREE!= snazzy media bag in the lobby, a neat and convenient little that-is-fake-news package for consumption now, during or even after the show.

Upon consumption, the participant will be fully armed to combat the inexplicably increasing growing number of wide-eyed tinfoil hat wearers with the goods:
    Actual-factual information about David Hogg and his alleged role as a crisis actor.

With any luck, the inquisitive won't go any further, instead drowning all of that noise out with the same chant: anything, anyone calling David Hogg a crisis actor will be dismissed.
    Case closed.

Makes one wonder why YouTube removed the several instances wherein he is filmed being coached, practicing his lines many times as precursor to the immediate "live" interview, ala Gene Rosen and his goofy rehearsal videos.
    They were removed for "harassing and bullying" but YouTube does not explain how a person's own actions/words--- without narrative otherwise--- can be construed as either, nor is such a label self-evident.

No matter.
    He's def NOT a crisis actor, believe you me.
    What he is, is a highly poised, brightly polished showman, a young man with a nose for a story and the composure to deliver the goods.
    How poised is this upstanding young man, this diligent and earnest youthful citizen/public-advocate-in-the-making?
    Let's take a look!

IBTimes UK posted this incredibly tense video of David Hogg, interviewing one of his fellow students from a closet in the newsroom class they attended while the active shooter was on his rampage.

YouTube

The balls on this kid!
    At 9:32 in the morning (you can see the sunlight coming in from the window to the left of the video), this courageous citizen-in-the-making says "Damn the torpedoes! Full speed ahead!" and records a heart-rendering message from another very concerned student--- herself a heroine, truth be told, given the immediacy of the circumstances they were facing.
    It's like these kids have no fear at all!
    You can hear the squawking of the walkie-talkie in the background, along with the whispers of those other students crammed into the closet for safety, and they get their message out, just in case something happens to them in the process.
    Brave?
    That doesn't begin to describe it.

One teensy, weensy little problem:
    The shooting didn't start for another five hours.

Oops.

Hopefully, too, the inquisitive won't go rooting around for any of the other videos, some of which have eye witnesses talk about two or more shooters:

https://d.tube/#!/v/sunsquall/p74ns9t7

Or the several out there wherein one of the students claimed to be walking through the halls with the shooter... while the shooting was going on.
    Instead, let's have everyone focus on the stuff that has been debunked.

CASE CLOSED, people!
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 20:10

On his social media, he said that the Columbine shooters inspired him and that ...[text shortened]... ce and name to the world? It is obvious to me that the media is driving these school shootings.
    last time it was the video games. or the movies. or mental health.

the reasons vary with you but you always conveniently ignore the one reason that is common to all mass shootings. guns. if it weren't for guns and the obscenely easy manner in which you can get them, we wouldn't hear about mass shootings. we would hear about someone who tried to stab people and got to 3-4 before being tackled to the ground.
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    02 Mar '18 21:09
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    last time it was the video games. or the movies. or mental health.

the reasons vary with you but you always conveniently ignore the one reason that is common to all mass shootings. guns. if it weren't for guns and the obscenely easy manner in which you can get them, we wouldn't hear about mass shootings. we would hear about someone who tried to stab people and got to 3-4 before being tackled to the ground.
    we would hear about someone who tried to stab people and got to 3-4 before being tackled to the ground.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jul/25/tokyo-knife-attack-stabbing-sagamihara

It's almost as though you aren't even trying.
  15. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    03 Mar '18 03:44
    Originally posted by @freakykbh
    So far, they've done a pretty good job at shutting the whole "David Hogg is a crisis actor" motif down, nearly completely.
    Anyone looking for any such idea will be met with page after page about how David used to live in California, how he returned last summer for a visit and subsequently filmed an incident involving a lifeguard and a surfboard.
    DEBUNKE ...[text shortened]...
    Instead, let's have everyone focus on the stuff that has been debunked.

CASE CLOSED, people!
    Don't turn away, people.