Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 19 Aug '14 19:32
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-report-po-darren-wilson-suffered-orbital-blowout-fracture-to-eye-socket-during-encounter-with-mike-brown/
  2. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    19 Aug '14 21:11 / 3 edits
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/08/breaking-report-po-darren-wilson-suffered-orbital-blowout-fracture-to-eye-socket-during-encounter-with-mike-brown/
    Because it would be disparaging the character of the victim, who was supposed to be a gentle giant as one report claims.

"This is a boy who did everything right," said Cornell Brooks, the president of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People, "who never got into a fight, who stayed in school."

While some boys would get into edgy scrapes, Mike, a "gentle giant", wasn't interested, said Chris McMillan, a 20-year-old childhood friend who grew up playing PlayStation with Brown.

"He was a cool person," said McMillan. "He was laidback and respectful. None of that nonsense. None of the crews and gangs. We'd just play games, chill, and ride around."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/aug/12/ferguson-missouri-shooting-michael-brown-civil-rights-police-brutality

In all of my life I've never seen anything more despicable than while this mother and this father and the families haven't even had the time to bury their son, the police chief would release a tape trying to disparage his name. While his momma's still weeping, while the family hasn't even laid him to rest. How can the young folk of the city believe in a system that would try to spit on the name and character of a young man who hasn't even be buried?"
    - AL Sharpton

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/sharpton-theres-difference-between-robbing-and-shoplifting
  3. 20 Aug '14 16:10
    Only racist bigots would point out the victims short comings.

For shame!!
  4. 20 Aug '14 16:51
    I believe that in racial cases such as this people are more interested in what could have happened in different scenarios that what actually happened.
  5. Standard member vivify
    rain
    20 Aug '14 18:57
    It may have been held back because it's incriminating. Since witnesses and the autopsy report that Brown was shot in the back of the bed while kneeling, This injury to the cop is evidence that the officer may have been enraged. Thus, a case of an angry cop needlessly shooting an unarmed man can be made.

This would mean that not only can the department face repercussions, but the family can sure for damages.
  6. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    21 Aug '14 00:09
    Originally posted by vivify
    It may have been held back because it's incriminating. Since witnesses and the autopsy report that Brown was shot in the back of the bed while kneeling, This injury to the cop is evidence that the officer may have been enraged. Thus, a case of an angry cop needlessly shooting an unarmed man can be made.

This would mean that not only can the department face repercussions, but the family can sure for damages.
    I haven't heard that one. Do you have a reference?
  7. Standard member vivify
    rain
    21 Aug '14 00:59
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I haven't heard that one. Do you have a reference?
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-brown-survived-shots-shot-killed/story?id=25017247
  8. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    21 Aug '14 01:38 / 2 edits
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/michael-brown-survived-shots-shot-killed/story?id=25017247
    I very seldom watch ABC News because of their liberal bias. I was wondering why the officer shot the first shots on the victims right side away from the heart. It could be that the officer was trying to wound Brown in the arm so that he would stop charging toward the officer, but when he kept coming the officer was forced to shoot to kill.

The explanation I heard from Fox News was that all the shots probably were to the front of the victim and the shot before the last shot to the top of the head caused Brown to drop his head forward as he was falling toward the officer and landed about three feet in front of the officer.

Well, we will have to wait and see what the lawyers do with this information.
  9. Standard member vivify
    rain
    21 Aug '14 01:54
    I very seldom watch ABC News because of their liberal bias. I was wondering why the officer shot the first shots on the victims right side away from the heart. It could be that the officer was trying to wound Brown in the arm so that he would stop charging toward the officer, but when he kept coming thfficer was forced to shoot to kill.

The explanation ...[text shortened]... of the officer.

Well, we will have to wait and see what the lawyers do with this information.
    You don't watch ABC News because of "bias", but you watch Fox News?
  10. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    21 Aug '14 04:11
    You don't watch ABC News because of "bias", but you watch Fox News?
    Haven't you heard "FOX NEWS Fair and Balanced" ?

Of couse, they do have their opinion news shows that tend to be more conservative, but that is okay with me for I am a conservative type guy.
  11. Standard member vivify
    rain
    21 Aug '14 04:36
    Haven't you heard "FOX NEWS Fair and Balanced" ?

Of couse, they do have their opinion news shows that tend to be more conservative, but that is okay with me for I am a conservative type guy.
    So you don't mind bias as long as it's your bias, right?
  12. Standard member RJHinds
    The Near Genius
    21 Aug '14 06:15
    So you don't mind bias as long as it's your bias, right?
    I don't want any bias in the regular news reporting. I don't mind the bias on either side when it comes to the opinion shows because I expect it. I look at MSNBC News opinion shows for the liberal bias and I look at FOX News to get the conservative bias on their opinion shows. However, since I am conservative I usually believe the conservative bias is probably more correct. CNN is another good news channel that usually gives a balance in their regular news. My past experience with ABC, CBS, and NBC on their regular national news is that they are generally bias liberally toward Democrats.