Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 26 Nov '16 00:20
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3774839/War-Millennials-Baby-Boomers-Twitter-point-flaws-younger-generation-HowToConfuseAMillenial-hashtag.html

#HowToConfuseAMillenial began trending on Twitter as the previous generations mocked Millennials' stereotypical obsession with social media and arty but unpractical university degrees.

It was all fun and games yet the old folks forgot millenials are better at Internet.

"Millennials hit back over the weekend, accusing the older generation of hypocrisy.
    Millennials claimed the hashtag back for themselves in a series of witty, sarcastic tweets accusing the Baby Boomers and General X'ers of ruining the economy and housing market - and then mocking the next generation for failing to buy their own homes. "

http://thechive.com/2016/11/23/millennials-respond-to-baby-boomers-complaining-about-this-generation-31-photos/
  2. 26 Nov '16 00:24 / 2 edits
    So you are saying the younger generation is made up of whining babies who blame others for their shortcomings?

Say it isn't so.

Get a job. Live on less than you make. Buy a cheap fixer upper house. Get over having everything you want right now.

You may end up in less house than you grew up in. You can still own it.
  3. 26 Nov '16 00:29
    Originally posted by Eladar
    So you are saying the younger generation is made up of whining babies who blame others for their shortcomings?

Say it isn't so.

Get a job. Live on less than you make. Buy a cheap fixer upper house. Get over having everything you want right now.

You may up in less house than you grew up in. You can still own it.
    i take it you didn't read past the old people trying to be funny.
  4. 26 Nov '16 00:32
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/gregschoofs/how-much-college-did-your-summer-job-pay-for?utm_term=.xqnwKXZJz#.it4mqGN05

more whining for some to ignore.
  5. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    26 Nov '16 00:39
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3774839/War-Millennials-Baby-Boomers-Twitter-point-flaws-younger-generation-HowToConfuseAMillenial-hashtag.html

#HowToConfuseAMillenial began trending on Twitter as the previous generations mocked Millennials' stereotypical obsession with social media and arty but unpractical university degrees.

It was all fun a ...[text shortened]... .com/2016/11/23/millennials-respond-to-baby-boomers-complaining-about-this-generation-31-photos/
    I'm one of those old people, but I bought my grand kids laptops as they were growing up.
    Then I bought each a new more modern laptop for college.
    I showed them a thing or two about software, etc., now they are getting married and showing me how to use an iPhone.
  6. 26 Nov '16 00:41 / 1 edit
    i take it you didn't read past the old people trying to be funny.
    Funny or not what I said is true.

Younger people are not buying homes at the same rate as earlier generations.
  7. 26 Nov '16 00:43
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I'm one of those old people, but I bought my grand kids laptops as they were growing up.
    Then I bought each a new more modern laptop for college.
    I showed them a thing or two about software, etc., now they are getting married and showing me how to use an iPhone.
    They spend money on tech and other cool stuff but can't afford a house payment. They have been spoiled and think that all the cool stuff is a necessity.
  8. 26 Nov '16 00:51 / 3 edits
    They spend money on tech and other cool stuff but can't afford a house payment. They have been spoiled and think that all the cool stuff is a necessity.
    As long as the kid is bringing in 6 figures the kid might be able to have it all.

Or perhaps get a loan from gramps.
  9. Subscriber Wajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    26 Nov '16 01:54
    https://www.buzzfeed.com/gregschoofs/how-much-college-did-your-summer-job-pay-for?utm_term=.xqnwKXZJz#.it4mqGN05

more whining for some to ignore.
    It is a much safer bet for you to post links rather than trying to formulate ideas yourself, but I'll be ignoring it.
  10. 26 Nov '16 04:02

Say it isn't so.

You may end up in less house than you grew up in. You can still own it.
    You never own it. You just rent it from thr govt.
  11. 26 Nov '16 10:41
    Originally posted by kquinn909
    You never own it. You just rent it from thr govt.
    That's true. But the government will give you the right to sell it so that another person can rent it.

If you rent, you have to pay both the person who is renting from yhe government and the government.
  12. 26 Nov '16 15:34
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    It is a much safer bet for you to post links rather than trying to formulate ideas yourself, but I'll be ignoring it.
    promises, promises.

for someone ignoring me you beg for my attention quite often
  13. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    26 Nov '16 16:14 / 1 edit
    Funny or not what I said is true.

Younger people are not buying homes at the same rate as earlier generations.
    The way it sounds this young generation just thinks someone else should give them
    homes, they have not yet figured out how to earn one.
  14. 26 Nov '16 19:27
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    The way it sounds this young generation just thinks someone else should give them
    homes, they have not yet figured out how to earn one.
    cool another old guy that missed the point.

no, the young generation doesn't want someone to "give" them homes. they do want however for the old generation to realize that they had it easy. the old generation got out of college almost debt free. the old generation had jobs waiting for them when they got out. the old generation had minimum wage that not only were living wages but they could buy a house with them.

no, you don't have to give us houses. you could give us a break from all the condescending. we work more than you do, not less. we get paid less than you were. we became adults during an economic crysis that you caused. the young americans are paying for Reagan's disastrous economic policies while you had to enjoy all the New Deal benefits.
  15. 26 Nov '16 20:36
    Oh yes they had it easy but we have it difficult.

Whiners doing what they do best.