Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 18 Sep '12 05:23
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=425582437479391&set=a.208333719204265.45087.208299592541011&type=1&theater
  2. 18 Sep '12 16:11
    What's the topic up for debate here? What if that kid were born to multimillionaires instead of Muslims, would it be okay to hate him then?
  3. 18 Sep '12 16:27
    Originally posted by dryhump
    What's the topic up for debate here? What if that kid were born to multimillionaires instead of Muslims, would it be okay to hate him then?
    We all know that the children of multimillionaires are the most oppressed group in this country and are subject to such terrible prejudice.
  4. 18 Sep '12 16:27
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    We all know that the children of multimillionaires are the most oppressed group in this country and are subject to such terrible prejudice.
    Yeah, they should organize!
  5. 18 Sep '12 16:45
    I'm just asking a question. You can recognize that such a kid has no more control over his parentage then this kid. How do you think a kid would feel when his limo had to drive through a line of protestors screaming about his dad being evil?
  6. 18 Sep '12 16:45
    Also, what's the topic up for debate here?
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    18 Sep '12 17:00
    I'm just asking a question. You can recognize that such a kid has no more control over his parentage then this kid. How do you think a kid would feel when his limo had to drive through a line of protestors screaming about his dad being evil?
    I'm sure that would be an awful feeling for a kid looking out his limo. Hopefully he could go back to the estate and cheer up by riding his pony. If that didn't work, he could sail in his yacht or take a ride in his Lear Jet where he wouldn't have to see those hateful, ungrateful peasants.
  8. 18 Sep '12 17:13
    I'm sure he'll go home to cry into his silken pillows while his personal therapist is flown in by private jet.
  9. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    18 Sep '12 17:22
    Good luck getting any lefties here to give a tinker's damn about how any well off American feels about anything. Scorn and envy is all they have for that subspecies.
  10. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    18 Sep '12 17:23 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Good luck getting any lefties here to give a tinker's damn about how any well off American feels about anything. Scorn and envy is all they have for that subspecies.
    Not envy; bitterness about having to pay them or face legal punishment.

EDIT - Subspecies? So you seem to agree that wealth is generally not earned but something you're born into. Reproductive isolation makes subspecies.
  11. 18 Sep '12 17:29
    No scorn or envy. I just don't see why I should feel sorry for them or have any special reverence for them.
  12. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    18 Sep '12 17:42 / 1 edit
    No scorn or envy. I just don't see why I should feel sorry for them or have any special reverence for them.
    No one asked you for reverence. You were asked how a child would feel about something. Your mocking answer could be charitably paraphrased as "It doesn't matter."
  13. 18 Sep '12 17:52 / 1 edit
    No one asked you for reverence. You were asked how a child would feel about something. Your mocking answer answer could be charitably paraphrased as "It doesn't matter."
    So what about your lie about only having scorn and envy? I guess you'll just pretend that didn't happen.

Let's not kid ourselves, he's talking about the Romney family. The youngest of their children is over 30 years old so no, I don't have any sympathy for his hurt feelings since he should by now have his big boy pants on.

Even if the kids were younger then they should be prepared by their parents for what is coming. Sure their feelings might be hurt and that's not good but to pretend as if that's somehow a matter of prejudice or oppression is idiotic. If your children are that sensitive then don't bring them to campaign events!!!

People aren't calling Mitt Romney evil because he is rich just like people aren't calling Obama evil because he is rich and they weren't calling Bush evil because he is rich either.
  14. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    18 Sep '12 18:06 / 1 edit
    So what about your lie about only having scorn and envy? I guess you'll just pretend that didn't happen.

Let's not kid ourselves, he's talking about the Romney family. The youngest of their children is over 30 years old so no, I don't have any sympathy for his hurt feelings since he should by now have his big boy pants on.

Even if the kids were yo evil because he is rich and they weren't calling Bush evil because he is rich either.
    I was talking about a child like that shown in the linked picture from the OP, not Romney's adult children, and I regard your (and other's) mocking indifference to children solely based on the wealth of their parents as scornful.
  15. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    It's only business
    18 Sep '12 18:24
    I was talking about a child like that shown in the linked picture from the OP, not Romney's adult children, and I regard your (and other's) mocking indifference to children solely based on the wealth of their parents as scornful.
    I'm indifferent to the Muslim children that get exploded when we hunt for terrorists too. Are you?