Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    24 Apr '17 21:28
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/23/israeli-police-arrest-man-over-bomb-threats-to-us-jewish-targets

"Israeli teenager arrested over bomb threats to US Jewish targets:
    Israeli Jewish man, 19, is suspected of being behind dozens of
    anonymous calls and communications "

"Despite efforts to mask the source of the calls, police investigators in
    New Zealand and Australia were able to identify the IP address of the
    computer used as being inside Israel. According to some reports, the
    equipment used included a large antenna and unusually sophisticated
    computer hardware. The caller also used technology to alter the sound
    of their voice.

An Israeli police official said sophisticated methods were used. Yaniv
    Azani, the head of technology in the Israeli police’s cyber unit, said
    several different means were used “to camouflage the various layers of
    communication mechanisms” to carry out the calls."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/24/israel-michael-kadar-jewish-centre-bomb-threats

"Israeli teen accused of 2,000 bomb hoax calls and blackmail:
    Michael Kadar, US-Israeli citizen arrested over alleged bomb threats,
    faces charges over international calls and attempt to blackmail Delaware senator"

"Details of the charges being faced by the teenager, a joint US-Israeli citizen
    who lives in the coastal city of Ashkelon, came as it emerged that Israel
    would probably oppose his extradition to the US, where many of the
    crimes were allegedly committed."

Will Michael Kadar be brought to stand trial in the United States?
  2. Zugzwang
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 01:331 edit
    When these anti-Semitic threats were being made, many Americans apparently jumped
    to the conclusion that Muslims or Arabs must be to blame. Pro-Palestinian activists
    were attacked on the grounds that they allegedly were encouraging anti-Semitic hatred.
    Now it turns out that an American Israeli Jew evidently was responsible for inciting it all.

I already expect that some pro-Israeli trolls here would be eager to frame and blame all
    Muslims or Arabs for anti-Semitic acts committed by others.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 21:13
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    When these anti-Semitic threats were being made, many Americans apparently jumped
    to the conclusion that Muslims or Arabs must be to blame. Pro-Palestinian activists
    were attacked on the grounds that they allegedly were encouraging anti-Semitic hatred.
    Now it turns out that an American Israeli Jew evidently was responsible for inciting it all.

I ...[text shortened]... uld be eager to frame and blame all
    Muslims or Arabs for anti-Semitic acts committed by others.
    I suspect these trolls would persist even if this Israeli kid confessed on TV without coercion under no duress at all.
  4. Zugzwang
    Moves
    25 Apr '17 21:353 edits
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I suspect these trolls would persist even if this Israeli kid confessed on TV without coercion under no duress at all.
    There are at least several lying anti-Muslim or anti-Arab trolls here, who seem eager to
    demonize all Muslims or Arabs regardless of or despite the known factual evidence
    These lying trolls cannot challenge the factual accuracy of what I post.
    Instead, they presumably want to see me censored from being able to post it.

"...Israeli kid..."
    --Sonhouse

Michael Kadar's legally considered an adult, not a juvenile.
    And Israel has a long record of harshly punishing Palestinian juvenile offenders.
    Why should a Jew be treated more leniently than a Palestinian of the same age for the same crimes?

As far as I can tell, this story about an American Israeli Jew being arrested and charged
    with making many anti-Semitic threats has received much less coverage than the earlier
    stories about the threats. So I expect there are many ignorant Americans who still are
    blaming innocent Muslims or Arabs in general. What Michael Kadar (allegedly) has
    succeeded in doing is inciting even more hatred by Americans against Muslims or Arabs.

I suspect that many American supporters of Israel do *not* want Michael Kader to be
    extradited to stand trial in the USA because they would prefer not to risk having an
    American Israeli Jew get convicted for these anti-Semitic 'hate crimes'. They would
    prefer to have many Americans keep blaming Muslims or Arabs for these 'hate crimes'