Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 27 Jul '16 14:17
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qFIdt75q38

“Pocahontas” Elizabeth Warren Has A Fresh Mouth who hasn't done anything and is the worst senator. (paraphrased)

One tiny comment, let's count how many things are wrong with this.

"Pocahontas", making fun her heritage.
    "Has a fresh mouth" is something you say to children and used to say to women up to the 60's (groups that are supposed to "keep their mouth shut" and let the men do the talking)
    "Hasn't done anything". Yes, trump inherited a ton of money from his father and has managed to not become poor, even though he declared bankruptcy at least 4 times and scammed his business partners on numerous deals. Has the vocabulary of a 4th grader and can't form a coherent thought. Meanwhile Elizabeth warren is a Harvard Law professor (just her latest teaching position) and her record as a senator speaks for itself to anyone willing to google for 2 seconds.

"and is the worst senator"
    this will probably be sold as a hyperbole, he doesn't actually mean she is the worst senator, just as he doesn't actually mean he will build an actual wall, it's more of a metaphoric wall and mexico is going to metaphorically pay for it.

Trump does have good accomplishments, the best accomplishments. He manages to insult people with every one of his "best words".
  2. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    27 Jul '16 15:25
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

“Pocahontas” Elizabeth Warren Has A Fresh Mouth who hasn't done anything and is the worst senator. (paraphrased)

"Has a fresh mouth" is something you say to children and used to say to women up t ...[text shortened]... ments, the best accomplishments. He manages to insult people with every one of his "best words".
    My, my, my, Zahlanzi: your Trumperection is showing right through that skirt you're wearing!

She's being called Pocohantas on account that she ISN'T any part Native American and yet she lied, declaring she was (now get this) for the sole purpose of getting into her preferred college (first as a student and then as a teacher) under the auspices of forced diversity through affirmative action.
    She has no answer for this, other than what has already been attempted, and still do defense.
    She lied.

In speaking of her record as a senator (great attendance, but...) he is focusing on what she actually accomplished: zilch.
    Much like Barry Soetoro when he was just a plebe: zilch.

And before you trot out that cancerous hag of Trump's finances, what's say you at least brush the old gal down?
    Find out how much seed money he started with, think about what he did with it, and then determine how much he's worth now.
    That he's done far more than you're imagining is a foregone conclusion.
  3. 27 Jul '16 15:53
    One tiny comment, let's count how many things are wrong with this..
    All the things wrong with it are exactly what his supporters love about him.
    He is rude and not ashamed of it - they like this because they feel oppressed after all the negative feedback they get from their own behaviour.
    Also, many of his supporters are supporting him as a 'stick it to the man' action ie they are anti-government in general and a completely useless terrible president that destroys government is exactly what they want. Also voting for him is a way of getting back at everyone else.
    Its very similar to the Brexit fiasco where people voted for it with the full knowledge that there would be major negative consequences. In fact the negative consequences were exactly what they wanted. Many of them of course didn't expect to succeed, so they thought they were making a threat. I forsee the same happening with Trump. Large numbers of people will vote for him who don't actually want him to win but want to use that vote as a protest.
  4. 27 Jul '16 16:10
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    He is rude and not ashamed of it - they like this because they feel oppressed after all the negative feedback they get from their own behaviour.
    Also, many of his supporters are supporting him as a 'stick it to the man' action ie they are anti-government in general and a comple ...[text shortened]... ple will vote for him who don't actually want him to win but want to use that vote as a protest.
    How exactly do you know why people vote Trump? It seems very likely that they like him. Do you ask why people voted for Obama? Did you ask if it was a protest vote? Did you ask if it was a stick it to the man vote?
  5. 27 Jul '16 16:18
    Originally posted by quackquack
    How exactly do you know why people vote Trump? It seems very likely that they like him. Do you ask why people voted for Obama? Did you ask if it was a protest vote? Did you ask if it was a stick it to the man vote?
    I try to have faith in peoples sanity and believe that there aren't many people stupid enough to think he would actually make a good president.

How about sharing your reasons for liking him?
  6. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    27 Jul '16 16:28 / 1 edit
    So you are going to vote for a narcissistic sociopath with a penchant to mock disabilities and his uncontrolled mouth, you want this assshole to be president?
  7. 27 Jul '16 16:35
    I try to have faith in peoples sanity and believe that there aren't many people stupid enough to think he would actually make a good president.

How about sharing your reasons for liking him?
    I once listened to Kid Rock's music. It was so bad I honestly thought it was a joke. But I don't assume people listen to it out of protest or to offend other people's ear drums. I guess that many people actually like it. Similarly we should look at people like Trump or Sanders as having actual appeal to their constituents because they seem to gather a tremendous number of votes.
  8. 27 Jul '16 16:39
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you are going to vote for a narcissistic sociopath with a penchant to mock disabilities and his uncontrolled mouth, you want this assshole to be president?
    None of the candidates represent me. Trump's base in Christian non-college grads. I'm neither. The Democrats base in non-white males who want to increase my tax base.
    I live in New York so, from a practical point of view, there is no chance that Clinton won't win this state
  9. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    27 Jul '16 17:15
    None of the candidates represent me. Trump's base in Christian non-college grads. I'm neither. The Democrats base in non-white males who want to increase my tax base.
    I live in New York so, from a practical point of view, there is no chance that Clinton won't win this state
    So you go libertarian?
  10. 27 Jul '16 17:17
    Similarly we should look at people like Trump or Sanders as having actual appeal to their constituents because they seem to gather a tremendous number of votes.
    I am sure that Trump has actual appeal to some people, a protest vote being one such appeal. I could list more. My point is that his appeal is exactly what the OP is criticising, so the OP is actually in praise of him from a Trump supporters point of view.
    No sane person would deny that Trump is an outspoken, rude, liar. But most of his supporters firmly believe that all politicians are liars and that people like Hillary are just faking the politeness. That's what happens when your tv and media promote bad language. It becomes the norm and anyone who is polite is seen as a poser.
  11. Standard member KellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    27 Jul '16 18:27

"Has a fresh mouth" is something you say to children and used to say to women up t ...[text shortened]... ments, the best accomplishments. He manages to insult people with every one of his "best words".
    Making fun of her (non-heritage) she made the claim, just unable to back it up with proof.
  12. 27 Jul '16 20:42
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    Making fun of her (non-heritage) she made the claim, just unable to back it up with proof.
    Given that nobody has proved she doesn't have any such heritage it seems unreasonable to make fun of her over it. You, of all people should be the last to accept such behaviour given your own well known touchiness.
  13. 27 Jul '16 20:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead to Quackquack
    I am sure that Trump has actual appeal to some people, a protest vote being one such appeal. I could list more. My point is that his appeal is exactly what the OP is criticising, so the OP is actually in praise of him from a Trump supporters point of view.
    No sane person would deny that Trump is an outspoken, rude, liar. But most of his sup ...[text shortened]... and media promote bad language. It becomes the norm and anyone who is polite is seen as a poser.
    I suspect that many, if not most, of his supporters *admire* Donald Trump for lying to attack
    the same people whom they hate. After all, if a person already believes that Muslims are
    subhuman or even that all Muslims should be wiped off the face of the Earth, then why
    should that person disapprove of Donald Trump telling lies to incite more hatred against Muslims?

One American seemed siincere to me about his passionate motive in supporting Donald Trump.
    He said that Donald Trump 'stands for White Power!' Donald Trump helps make him feel
    that it's acceptable to go out in public and declare how very proud he is of being white.
    'White people built America', he said, and so he believes that white people always should
    have the first choice of the best jobs, schools, housing, and every other opportunity.
    Obviously, that would be popular among white Americans, even if they deny that it benefits them.
  14. Standard member lemon lime
    blah blah blah
    27 Jul '16 21:56
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Why not, that's what you guys did.

YouTube
  15. 27 Jul '16 22:54
    Also, many of his supporters are supporting him as a 'stick it to the man' action ie they are anti-government in general and a comple ...[text shortened]... ple will vote for him who don't actually want him to win but want to use that vote as a protest.
    "All the things wrong with it are exactly what his supporters love about him."
    i don't expect those people to change their mind. i expect clinton, the media, all the sane people to remind bernie supporters and those that want to stay at home or vote for johnson in protest what the other option is.

to keep remind people that when one doesn't get their favourite toy for christmas, a sweater, no matter how ugly, is preferable to a turd sandwich.

"Also, many of his supporters are supporting him as a 'stick it to the man' action ie they are anti-government in general and a completely useless terrible president that destroys government is exactly what they want"
    the anarchist support is insignificant.

"Its very similar to the Brexit fiasco where people voted for it with the full knowledge that there would be major negative consequences"
    on the contrary, people voted for brexit in complete ignorance of the consequences or at the most not trusting those that said there will be consequences.

"Many of them of course didn't expect to succeed"
    you grossly overestimate how many anarchists there are, with no facts to support you