Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 03:172 edits
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-18/cnn-edits-out-tired-clintons-reference-nyc-explosion-bombing

Most know that Trump was slammed for saying that the bomb in New York city was an actual bomb. They said he spoke too soon to know for sure if it were a bomb.

However, Hillary also referred to it as a bomb. The funny thing is, CNN edited out her saying it was a bomb while trouncing Trump for saying it.

It may get to a point where the press will simply stop reporting terrorist attacks because it is not the PC thing to do, unless it can be blamed on hated political candidates.
  2. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 04:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-09-18/cnn-edits-out-tired-clintons-reference-nyc-explosion-bombing

Most know that Trump was slammed for saying that the bomb in New York city was an actual bomb. They said he spoke too soon to know for sure if it were a bomb.

However, Hillary also referred to it as a bomb. The funny thing is, CNN edited out her sayin ...[text shortened]... cks because it is not the PC thing to do, unless it can be blamed on hated political candidates.
    How quickly did each candidate say that? There was an event and one has to check. If Trump said it was a bomb without confirmation that it was a bomb it was reckless. If Clinton said it was a bomb after she had received confirmation then it was the right thing to say. So it's a matter of what information they had at the time they made their comments.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 09:43
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    How quickly did each candidate say that? There was an event and one has to check. If Trump said it was a bomb without confirmation that it was a bomb it was reckless. If Clinton said it was a bomb after she had received confirmation then it was the right thing to say. So it's a matter of what information they had at the time they made their comments.
    Funny how you believe someone needs to be told it is the right thing to say. Clinton is the one to vote for because she has puppet masters telling her the right thing to say.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 11:35
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Funny how you believe someone needs to be told it is the right thing to say. Clinton is the one to vote for because she has puppet masters telling her the right thing to say.
    Learn to read.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 11:51
    I don't believe it was confirmed yet before either of them talked about it.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 12:09
    I'm sure Hillary got an "e-mail" confirming what had happened. LOL

You still fail to address the question as to why CNN edited out the "B" word from Hillary
  7. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 14:10
    Learn to read.
    Yeah you're right.

In any case I fail to see why you'd give Clinton some sort of pass while not doing the same for Trump.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 16:13

However, Hillary also referred to it as a bomb. The funny thing is, CNN edited out her sayin ...[text shortened]... cks because it is not the PC thing to do, unless it can be blamed on hated political candidates.
    Besides the point is that the press edited Hillary's statement out then slammed Trump for making the statement. Both said it. One gets reported the other has the news take steps to prevent it from being viewed.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 16:57
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Besides the point is that the press edited Hillary's statement out then slammed Trump for making the statement. Both said it. One gets reported the other has the news take steps to prevent it from being viewed.
    Funny how no one will address this point.

Very telling
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 17:57
    Funny how no one will address this point.

Very telling
    I just looked up Zero Hedge. It was founded by an insider trader and supports Putin, Assad and Trump. They have no journalistic integrity whatsoever. If it says it on Zero Hedge it probably isn't true. You are repeating Russian propaganda.

http://streetwiseprofessor.com/?p=8947
  11. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 18:153 edits
    I just looked up Zero Hedge. It was founded by an insider trader and supports Putin, Assad and Trump. They have no journalistic integrity whatsoever. If it says it on Zero Hedge it probably isn't true. You are repeating Russian propaganda.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero_Hedge

EDIT; However, I do not watch network news at all: not CNN, not Fox, or NBC or CBS or ABC. Whether their editing is biased or not, it is subject to time constraints that I suspect can lend to easily to distortion.

EDIT^2: I do read Zero Hedge occasionally; I just don't take them too seriously.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 18:19

By this point, whodey has been caught unquestioningly regurgitating lies and fabrications from random Internet sources more often than there are neutrinos in the Universe. Of course, this is only possible with a pathological capability to never learn from mistakes. It would seem that whenever whodey assesses the truth value of a statement, he looks not at its credibility, but rather he asks himself the question: "would I like it if this statement were true?" It's the new kind of thinking that has been popularized by Trump and his followers, the so-called "feels over reals."
  13. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 19:28
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    By this point, whodey has been caught unquestioningly regurgitating lies and fabrications from random Internet sources more often than there are neutrinos in the Universe. Of course, this is only possible with a pathological capability to never learn from mistakes. It would seem that whenever whodey assesses the truth value of a statement, he looks not ...[text shortened]... thinking that has been popularized by Trump and his followers, the so-called "feels over reals."
    Actually whodey is worse than that. Whodey frequently finds articles that contain quite damning information that would be more than suitable for his political agenda, but instead of simply reporting them as they are, almost always chooses to instead lie about what the sources actually say.

The funny part about this particular thread is he is blasting cnn for slanting a news story - something whodey does himself in the OP itself and fully supports the practice by promoting sources that practice that sort of thing on a regular basis and almost certainly supports such practice in general as part of his political views. The problem is that he sees support for Hillary as 'government' whereas racist propaganda as not so. The reality is that cnn is not government owned and there is nothing 'Orwellian' about them producing biased news. In fact whodey should be celebrating it as a shining example of the success of his politics.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 23:261 edit

I believe if you watch the whole Clinton news coverage you'd see when they asked her they set up the question to make Trump look bad, but she did the same thing so they edited her saying it out.
  15. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    22 Sep '16 23:57
    Years ago I used to play chess on a site called Cassia, and there was a Canadian chess player who went by the name Nova. Nice guy who had a heart condition waiting for approval for a procedure. He died while playing chess.

So when the first healthcare debate was televised I waited for them to address the wait in Canada. When the topic came up the moderator went to a very young woman and asked her about it.

Instead of addressing that she said the real issue was paperwork. There was a prepared news piece ran, they went to commercial and when that was done they moved on to other things bypassing the topic completely.

If you don't think agendas are pushed your delusional.