Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 27 Feb '15 10:30
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8VmJRuBFY

Shooting three gun competition.. thank you Hussien Obama, for the added inspiration for these kids..
  2. 27 Feb '15 19:59
    Originally posted by Hugh Glass
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3f8VmJRuBFY

Shooting three gun competition.. thank you Hussien Obama, for the added inspiration for these kids..
    I wouldn't argue with her and her 12 gauge.

Of course Zalanzi would rather see her as an unarmed victim, than a self reliant citizen.
  3. 27 Feb '15 20:26
    I'm all for teaching kids basic firearm safety and how to use them but this made me cringe. That girl looks way too young to be running through pistol/rifle/shotgun action events like this. Running around obstacles on uneven ground , reloading and engaging multiple targets is a hazardous sport and requires extreme caution and a level of maturity I don't think this girl is old enough to possess. .
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Feb '15 20:32
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    I'm all for teaching kids basic firearm safety and how to use them but this made me cringe. That girl looks way too young to be running through pistol/rifle/shotgun action events like this. Running around obstacles on uneven ground , reloading and engaging multiple targets is a hazardous sport and requires extreme caution and a level of maturity I don't think this girl is old enough to possess. .
    Maybe they should toss her an Uzi like the 9 year old at the gun range in Arizona
  5. 27 Feb '15 20:35
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Maybe they should toss her an Uzi like the 9 year old at the gun range in Arizona
    And maybe the organizers have it about right.
  6. 27 Feb '15 20:36
    Actually she was shooting a chopped down full auto carbine firing the M-16 cartridge , much more powerful and with more recoil than the 9mm UZI.
  7. 27 Feb '15 20:41
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Actually she was shooting a chopped down full auto carbine firing the M-16 cartridge , much more powerful and with more recoil than the 9mm UZI.
    Depends on the model Uzi. The M4 carbine, short barreled M16 is still a .22 and relatively low recoil. A short barreled Uzi 9mm might well produce relatively more recoil.

The 12 gauge shotgun would be the heaviest recoil in the bunch. All in all, she appeared competent and well trained, better than many a police officer I've seen.
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Feb '15 20:45
    Originally posted by normbenign
    And maybe the organizers have it about right.
    You think that was Charles Vacca's last opinion?
  9. 27 Feb '15 20:47
    Depends on the model Uzi. The M4 carbine, short barreled M16 is still a .22 and relatively low recoil. A short barreled Uzi 9mm might well produce relatively more recoil.

The 12 gauge shotgun would be the heaviest recoil in the bunch. All in all, she appeared competent and well trained, better than many a police officer I've seen.
    You're right , the 9 year old was shooting a mini-Uzi, very tiny and light, recoil of the 9mm was probably about the same or even more than the 5.56 from a carbine.
  10. 27 Feb '15 20:48
    You think that was Charles Vacca's last opinion?
    I don't know who that is.
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    27 Feb '15 20:52
    I don't know who that is.
    Here's a hint: his last words were: "Alright, full auto!"
  12. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    28 Feb '15 08:28
    Just think what that girl could achieve if her
    ability was channelled into something creative.

What a shame.
  13. 28 Feb '15 11:12
    When I was a kid, we played violent video games. The youth of today...
  14. 28 Feb '15 15:54
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Just think what that girl could achieve if her ability was channelled into something creative.
    Twilight?
  15. 28 Feb '15 19:07
    An Uzi is a poor choice for self defense. I owned a full automatic Mac-10, in 45 caliber,, and got rid of it right away.. they make good movie scenes,, but I would prefer hitting what I am aiming at, not just randomly spraying bullets everywhere,, good for movies, not so good for real life scenarios. That instructor was wrong..