Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 22:542 edits
    So, does D64 accept that Chinese athletes (clearly) used drugs to enhance their performance in the Olympic games of the 80s/90s?

It is somewhat unclear from that scatter gun reply

Thanks
  2. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 23:02
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    So, does D64 accept that Chinese athletes (clearly) used drugs to enhance their performance in the Olympic games of the 90s?

Thanks
    Scatter gun as it was--summed up, your very mention of Chinese performance enhancement makes you a racist like the rest of us. Welcome to the club.
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 23:042 edits
    Originally posted by @blood-on-the-tracks
    So, does D64 accept that Chinese athletes (clearly) used drugs to enhance their performance in the Olympic games of the 90s?

Thanks
    Blood on the Tracks show his usual poor reading comprehension.
    Evidently, some Chinese athletes used PEDs, as did many non-Chinese athletes.
    There's no proof that most Chinese athletes were cheating by using PEDs.

Why does (apart from appealing to the usual racism here) Blood on the Track single out Chinese athletes?
    Does Blood on the Tracks believe that the evident guilt of some Chinese means all Chinese must be guilty?
    (I have noticed ample overt anti-Asian or anti-Chinese racism in the Sports forum.)

Would Blood on the Tracks believe that the criminal violent behaviour of some English
    football fans means that all English football fans are guilty and deserve to be punished?
  4. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 23:07
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Using performance-enhanced drugs was very common among non-Chinese athletes,
    including an American hero such as Lance Armstrong. Several years ago, most of the
    'patriotic' Americans here long refused to concede that Lance Armstrong could have cheated.
    Even after he admitted to using performance-enhancing drugs, some Americans here
    still attempted to ...[text shortened]... 's also a
    racist belief that the Chinese must be more dishonest or evil than all other people.
    Is every topic in every thread on this site intended to be shelter to racial commentary?
    I may be just guessing here: But, perhaps other members would enjoy debates not associated with Duchess64s girlhood issues with racism?

Every single subject is ransomed by racial reversion.
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 23:121 edit
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    Is every topic in every thread on this site intended to be shelter to racial commentary?
    I may be just guessing here: But, perhaps other members would enjoy debates not associated with Duchess64s girlhood issues with racism?

Every single subject is ransomed by racial reversion.
    It's extremely dishonest to pretend that RHP forums are not dominated by white men,
    who routinely love to reinforce one another in their racist beliefs.

In the Sports forum, I have noticed overt anti-Asian or anti-Chinese racist comments
    being made (apparently mostly by British writers). There's a popular stereotype of East
    Asians being 'racially inferior' in athletics and therefore incapable of defeating top white
    or black athletes without cheating or having unfair advantages.
  6. Joined
    26 Dec '14
    Moves
    10 Jun '18 23:20
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    It's extremely dishonest to pretend that RHP forums are not dominated by white men,
    who routinely love to reinforce one another in their racist beliefs.

In the Sports forum, I have noticed overt anti-Asian or anti-Chinese racist comments
    being made (apparently mostly by British writers). There's a popular stereotype of East
    Asians being 'racially i ...[text shortened]... ncapable of defeating top white
    or black athletes without cheating or having unfair advantages.
    Are you Chinese Duchess?
    Or Asian?
  7. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 00:16
    Originally posted by @chaney3
    Are you Chinese Duchess?
    Or Asian?
    She's so smart. I bet she's Buddinduslamic.
  8. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 01:19
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I was reacting to vivify who claims only America has a thing about winning. Sorry I didn't quote him/her.
    I mean't to say "isn't" instead of "is".

A lot of times when I type on RHP, my kids will either want to climb on me, sit on me, etc., or getting into some sort of trouble. Even when everything seems peaceful it often doesn't last long before I'm distracted with something. So I make dumb errors on RHP.

Even so, you should've been able to tell by rest of the post that I DIDN'T mean "only" America, given that I mentioned soccer (enjoyed worldwide) or Chinese sport schools. It shouldn't take only two missing letters for you to utterly miss the point of a post.
  9. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 01:25
    Originally posted by @vivify
    I mean't to say "isn't" instead of "is".

A lot of times when I type on RHP, my kids will either want to climb on me, sit on me, etc., or getting into some sort of trouble. Even when everything seems peaceful it often doesn't last long before I'm distracted with something. So I make dumb errors on RHP.

Even so, you should've been able to tell by rest ...[text shortened]... chools. It shouldn't take only two missing letters for you to utterly miss the point of a post.
    LOL I never made it past that first sentence. Had no idea. Sorry! 😵
  10. Zugzwang
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 01:27
    If writers here were more objective (and less racist), then a better example than 'Chinese
    sports schools' of an 'unhealthy obsession with winning' would be the recently confirmed
    systemic use of PEDs by Russians in international sport.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doping_in_Russia

"Doping in Russian sports has a systemic nature. Russia has had 41 Olympic medals
    stripped for doping violations – the most of any country, four times the number of the
    runner-up, and more than a quarter of the global total."

But writers here seem to get more of a kick out of demonizing the Chinese than the Russians.
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 04:131 edit
    NHK (Japanese television) recently had a story about a Beijing boarding school
    (founded by a retired Chinese baseball star) for orphans and poor children.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/news/videos/20180606155005265/
    "China: Baseball Camp Helps Underprivileged Kids"

This sports school is far from the 'win at all costs' place described in Vivify's article.
    Yes, the students are trained to play baseball. Yes, the director hopes (though may not
    expect) that someday one of his students will become good enough to represent China.
    But the emphasis is upon providing basic education (and nutrition) to needy children.
    Baseball is used to provide structure and teach 'life lessons'.
  12. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 04:46
    I don't obsess about winning and I wouldn't encourage anyone to obsess over it. But--winning is important. This axiom applies broadly to the human experience.. even down to the principles of evolution theory. By and large, liberals are seen by the rest of us as a group that literally embraces losing. While that does seem humble, it also appropriately correlates to self-loathing, even stupidity.
    “By and large, liberals are seen by the rest of us as a group that literally embraces losing. While that does seem humble, it also appropriately correlates to self-loathing, even stupidity.”

Do you have some examples of liberals “literally” — or even figuratively —embracing losing”?
  13. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 07:50
    LOL I never made it past that first sentence. Had no idea. Sorry! 😵
    🙂
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 14:16
    America sucks. The USA should get on board with the rest of the world and embrace losing.
    Europeans are still upset over the US saving them in 2 world wars cuz they just can't stand to lose.
  15. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    11 Jun '18 14:29
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Europeans are still upset over the US saving them in 2 world wars cuz they just can't stand to lose.
    Arrogance wins no friends.
    A bit more Gary Cooper and a lot less Donald Trump required for this subject...whodey.

We "aided" Europe in its finest hour of need. We didn't "save" it.