Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    19 Dec '17 18:37
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-42412384

    A former Conservative Councillor has a sign on his fishery stating;

    No Polish or Eastern Bloc Fishermen Allowed

    and he thinks it ok!

    His excuse
    "If they want to call me a racist for stopping
    thieves from coming on my private property
    that's what they'll do. I know I'm right and
    I'm doing the right thing"
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Joined
    09 Oct '04
    Moves
    82239
    20 Dec '17 08:09
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-42412384

    A former Conservative Councillor has a sign on his fishery stating;

    [b]No Polish or Eastern Bloc Fishermen Allowed


    and he thinks it ok!

    His excuse
    "If they want to call me a racist for stopping
    thieves from coming on my private property
    that's what they'll do. I know I'm right and
    I'm doing the right thing"
    [/b]
    To your headline thread title, is there really any other kind?

    Kudos to the Brits anyhow, they have always held themselves aloft with the utmost consideration given towards manners and forms of civility, and if there's any group I'd rather be discriminated by, then there couldn't be a nicer bunch than them.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Joined
    09 Jun '07
    Moves
    45641
    20 Dec '17 09:19
    Originally posted by @kmax87
    To your headline thread title, is there really any other kind?

    Kudos to the Brits anyhow, they have always held themselves aloft with the utmost consideration given towards manners and forms of civility, and if there's any group I'd rather be discriminated by, then there couldn't be a nicer bunch than them.
    I am British and ashamed by this.
    I hope he is prosecuted.
  4. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    20 Dec '17 18:49
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-42412384

    A former Conservative Councillor has a sign on his fishery stating;

    [b]No Polish or Eastern Bloc Fishermen Allowed


    and he thinks it ok!

    His excuse
    "If they want to call me a racist for stopping
    thieves from coming on my private property
    that's what they'll do. I know I'm right and
    I'm doing the right thing"
    [/b]
    Racist white Americans (led by the KKK) attempted to terrorize Vietnamese refugees into
    not being able to exercise their legal rights to fish and compete against white Americans.
    Although the racist white Americans succeeded in ruining the lives of many Vietnamese,
    the Vietnamese won (for whatever good it did) in court and eventually prevailed in the workplace.

    https://timeline.com/kkk-vietnamese-fishermen-beam-43730353df06

    "The war between Vietnamese fishermen and the KKK signaled a new type of white supremacy
    The Klan brought military support to [white] shrimpers in Texas."

    "In the late 1970s and early 80s, a group of Vietnamese refugees had fled a humanitarian
    crisis at home and legally resettled in the Galveston Bay area. In order to start making
    their way, many of them took up shrimp fishing—much to the dismay of some locals, who
    saw them as competition on the water.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alamo_Bay

    At the end of the 1985 film 'Alamo Bay' (directed by Louis Malle), a 'liberal' white woman
    is confronted by her racist white lover attempting to murder her Vietnamese male friend.
    She orders her lover to stop. He ignores her and keeps attacking her friend. Then she shoots and
    kills her lover. (This scene may have been extremely unpopular with white American audiences.)

    Although as a Frenchman, Louis Malle did not share all of white Americans' racial prejudices,
    the film (as usual for Western films) focuses upon the interactions of the white characters
    while reducing the Vietnamese to stereotypes. I doubt that white Americans would get
    much of a sense of who the Vietnamese refugee fishermen were as human beings.
  5. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81346
    20 Dec '17 19:01
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Racist white Americans (led by the KKK) attempted to terrorize Vietnamese refugees into
    not being able to exercise their legal rights to fish and compete against white Americans.
    Although the racist white Americans succeeded in ruining the lives of many Vietnamese,
    the Vietnamese won (for whatever good it did) in court and eventually prevailed in the w ...[text shortened]... ericans would get
    much of a sense of who the Vietnamese refugee fishermen were as human beings.
    How in the hell did "racist white Americans" get into a British commentary? I think I see the real racist here!
  6. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    20 Dec '17 19:202 edits
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    How in the hell did "racist white Americans" get into a British commentary? I think I see the real racist here!
    "No Polish or Eastern Bloc Fishermen Allowed"

    I was pointing out that overt British racism against east European fishermen has a much
    worse and more violent precedent in overt American racism against Vietnamese fishermen.

    I suspect that the racist troll Mott-the-Hoopie loves to do his dishonest utmost to deny
    American racism while strongly approving of American racism (perhaps including violence).
  7. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81346
    20 Dec '17 19:25
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    "No Polish or Eastern Bloc Fishermen Allowed"

    I was pointing out that overt British racism against east European fishermen has a much
    worse and more violent precedent in overt American racism against Vietnamese fishermen.

    I suspect that the racist troll Mott-the-Hoopie loves to do his dishonest utmost to deny
    American racism while strongly approving of American racism.
    It just that I notice you constant attacks on whites! Why are you so racist? Did a white man dump you?
  8. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    20 Dec '17 19:28
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    It just that I notice you constant attacks on whites! Why are you so racist? Did a white man dump you?
    In reality (which the racist troll Mott-the-Hoopie loves to deny), white people are primarily
    responsible for racism in the UK and USA. In another context, I have condemned Japanese racism.
  9. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81346
    20 Dec '17 19:34
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    In reality (which the racist troll Mott-the-Hoopie loves to deny), white people are primarily
    responsible for racism in the UK and USA. In another context, I have condemned Japanese racism.
    I guess you forego the fact that the majority of pop is white. Are you suggesting whites are the only racist?
  10. Zugzwang
    Joined
    08 Jun '07
    Moves
    2120
    20 Dec '17 19:42
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I guess you forego the fact that the majority of pop is white. Are you suggesting whites are the only racist?
    Mott-the-Hoopie confuses racism (which can be institutional or structural) with individual racial prejudices.

    To put it simply, racism = prejudice X power.
    Any individual can have racial prejudice, but racism really harms when accompanied by enough power.
    A member of a powerless tiny minority group may be extremely prejudiced, but that
    prejudice would lack the the power to affect many, if any, other people.
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35848
    20 Dec '17 20:021 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I guess you forego the fact that the majority of pop is white. Are you suggesting whites are the only racist?
    In your own words, "stop digging", cowboy.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52853
    20 Dec '17 22:011 edit
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    I guess you forego the fact that the majority of pop is white. Are you suggesting whites are the only racist?
    What part of 'in another context I condemned Japanese racism' did you not understand?
  13. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81346
    20 Dec '17 22:21
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    In reality (which the racist troll Mott-the-Hoopie loves to deny), white people are primarily
    responsible for racism in the UK and USA. In another context, I have condemned Japanese racism.
    LOL...so you condemned "Japanese racism". well hell then...that makes it all right!!! dumbass.
    As soon as you condemn ALL racism I will take you seriously.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81346
    20 Dec '17 22:21
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    What part of 'in another context I condemned Japanese racism' did you not understand?
    I don't know...explain it to me!
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81346
    20 Dec '17 22:22
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    In your own words, "stop digging", cowboy.
    liked that one did you? you do not have permission to use it btw!
Back to Top