Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 15:53
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/weed-hits-home-new-yahoo-newsmarist-poll-parents-children-surprisingly-open-pot-use-091457209.html

Good news for Progressives. More and more people are using pot and even smoking it with their children now that it has been legalized in various parts of the country.

The more people Progs can get stoned out of their minds, the better it will be for them politically and more support they will garnish
  2. Germany
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:05
    I hear some Progs will even go as far as having a beer or a glass of wine with their children.
  3. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:07
    Originally posted by whodey
    The more people Progs can get stoned out of their minds, the better it will be for them politically and more support they will garnish
    I don't see how that follows. What are stoners named after?
  4. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:10
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/weed-hits-home-new-yahoo-newsmarist-poll-parents-children-surprisingly-open-pot-use-091457209.html

Good news for Progressives. More and more people are using pot and even smoking it with their children now that it has been legalized in various parts of the country.

Shouldn't the US start focusing on obesity instead? Or is that too much hard work?
  5. Germany
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:23
    Originally posted by Lundos
    Shouldn't the US start focusing on obesity instead? Or is that too much hard work?
    There was an amusing segment on the O'Reilly Factor a while ago, where O'Reilly said that legalizing cannabis (a drug much less harmful than alcohol) was "literally like playing Russian roulette." But placing abundant firearms in the hands of criminals and the insane is evidently not "literally Russian roulette!"
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:36
    Originally posted by Lundos
    Just as long as everyone stays high, who cares?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:38
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    There was an amusing segment on the O'Reilly Factor a while ago, where O'Reilly said that legalizing cannabis (a drug much less harmful than alcohol) was "literally like playing Russian roulette." But placing abundant firearms in the hands of criminals and the insane is evidently not "literally Russian roulette!"
    I think pot is the answer. After all, have you ever seen an angry stoner? They no longer have the intellectual capacity for anger, hence gun violence should drop dramatically with continued use.

Preferably the younger you can get children to smoke pot the more damage it will do and the more mellow they will be when they get older.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:39
    I hear some Progs will even go as far as having a beer or a glass of wine with their children.
    Far out dude.
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:45
    There are many people who would be far more agreeable if they were stoned.

Just eat the weed; after the age of 25, then it's not bad for you.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 16:47
    Do you have any actual statistics on drug use?

Also, are more and more people being released from jail after being locked up on racist 'possession' charges?
  11. Germany
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 19:19
    Far out dude.
    Right on. So, is there anything in particular you wanted to discuss or is this thread just another of your limp nerf-barrages directed at "liberals" and "progressives"?
  12. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 19:401 edit
    I would like to dispute the claim (a drug much less harmful than alcohol) If I drank a beer, say a typical European Pilsner or Ale at typically 4% ABV (alcohol by volume) what harm would this do to me?
  13. Germany
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 19:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I would like to dispute the claim (a drug much less harmful than alcohol) If I drank a beer, say a typical European Pilsner or Ale at typically 4% ABV (alcohol by volume) what harm would this do to me?
    Very little I would say.

If you smoked a few puffs of a cannabis joint, what harm do you imagine that will do to you?

Read more about the dangers of cannabis recreational drug use here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)#Adverse_effects
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 20:084 edits
    Very little I would say.

If you smoked a few puffs of a cannabis joint, what harm do you imagine that will do to you?

Read more about the dangers of cannabis recreational drug use here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabis_(drug)#Adverse_effects
    Very little, thank you. People do not typically smoke a few puffs, they share joints. Now apart from the damage that is done to the lungs i would say that the cognitive process is more impaired by one smoking a joint than drinking a beer and I have empirical evidence because I have experimented in the past, playing chess both under the influence of alcohol and under the influence of cannabis and i can tell you personally that when consumed in moderation alcohol has much less of an impact of the cognitive process than cannabis.

I smoked weed for 6 years even visiting Amsterdams' fabled coffee shops to procure the finest Skunk and Afghan Goldseal, I know what it can do. The weed that is produced now is much stronger than it has ever been.
  15. Germany
    Moves
    17 Apr '17 20:371 edit
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Very little, thank you. People do not typically smoke a few puffs, they share joints. Now apart from the damage that is done to the lungs i would say that the cognitive process is more impaired by one smoking a joint than drinking a beer and I have empirical evidence because I have experimented in the past, playing chess both under the influence of ...[text shortened]... l, I know what it can do. The weed that is produced now is much stronger than it has ever been.
    While I don't want to discount your personal experiences, they do not trump the methodical study of the dangers of recreational substances, from which the consensus has emerged that overall alcohol is more harmful than cannabis.

I grew up in the Netherlands so obviously I have used cannabis. I prefer alcohol and caffeine personally.