Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 18:333 edits
    "I only hire the best people" said President Donald J Trump on more than 1 occasion. Now one of those "best people" is heading to jail for witness tampering, as he awaits trial on multiple felonies. At least 4 more of these "best people" have pled guilty to crimes and are now cooperating with prosecutors.

If these are Donald Trump's "best people" I'd hate to see what the average ones are like! 😲

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/crime-courts/paul-manafort-headed-jail-after-witness-tampering-allegation-n883596

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/15/620000795/judge-to-decide-whether-manafort-facing-witness-tampering-charges-is-locked-up
  2. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 18:38
    Originally posted by @mchill
    "I only hire the best people" said President Donald J Trump on more than 1 occasion. Now one of those "best people" is heading to jail for witness tampering, as he awaits trial on multiple felonies. At least 4 more of these "best people" have pled guilty to crimes and are now cooperating with prosecutors.

If these are Donald Trump's "best people" I'd hat ...[text shortened]... cnews.com/news/crime-courts/paul-manafort-headed-jail-after-witness-tampering-allegation-n883596
    Trump is now responsible for Manafort's behavior, completely unrelated to the so-called "Russian collusion investigation" witch hunt. Manafort also represented Reagan. So you can start trashing Reagan too.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 18:58
    Predictably, Trump's defence is in his usual absurdist, surrealist style, claiming that Manafort, his former campaign manager who has ties with Trump going back to the 1980's, has "nothing to do with the campaign." I'm sure it sounds reasonable to mouth-breathing America.
  4. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 19:023 edits
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Trump is now responsible for Manafort's behavior, completely unrelated to the so-called "Russian collusion investigation" witch hunt. Manafort also represented Reagan. So you can start trashing Reagan too.
    "Russian collusion investigation" witch hunt.

Hey skippy, I'd remind you that Rob Rosenstein (a Trump appointed Republican) found sufficient evidence to warrant appointing Robert Mueller (A Bush appointee) to undertake this investigation. So if you want to cry "witch hunt" go and complain to the GOP, don't start sniveling like a little girl to me about it. 😲

P.S. You didn't have a problem when special counsel Ken Starr spent 4 years investigating Bill Clinton did you? Now that Robert Mueller is investigating Trump you whine like a mule. Hypocrisy??
  5. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 19:273 edits

Hey skippy, I'd remind you that Rob Rosenstein (a Trump appointed Republican) found sufficient evidence to warrant appointing Robert Mueller (A Bush appointee) to undertake this investigation. So if you want to cry "witch hunt" go and complain to the GOP, don't start sniveling like a little girl to me about ...[text shortened]... inton did you? Now that Robert Mueller is investigating Trump you whine like a mule. Hypocrisy??
    Ken Starr was given narrow, specific guidelines as to the scope of his investigation, and a special counsel oversight committee was formed to keep him in check. Rosenstein is part of the swamp and like many republicans has it in for Trump. The entire team Mueller cobbled together is anti-Trump and most of them are established democrats and Clinton supporters and donors. Mueller was set loose with no restrictions and is all over the place with his investigation--part of his strategy is to dig up unrelated offenses or charges of offenses by others, and use them to extort information against Trump.

And you have no idea what I was about when Starr was investigating. But that didn't stop you from assuming what I was doing 20 years ago and calling me a hypocrite for it. Typical.
  6. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 19:48
    Ken Starr was given narrow, specific guidelines as to the scope of his investigation, and a special counsel oversight committee was formed to keep him in check. Rosenstein is part of the swamp and like many republicans has it in for Trump. The entire team Mueller cobbled together is anti-Trump and most of them are established democrats and Clinton supp ...[text shortened]... from assuming what I was doing 20 years ago and calling me a hypocrite for it. Typical.
    I understand one or two edits...but 3 edits for that measly paragraph and a quarter?

Well, I guess..in this case, I'll read it: With that much pruning...it must be a garden of substance and wisdom.
  7. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 19:51
    Nope...just as I'd thought... a dry gulch of cactus and canards.
  8. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 19:56
    Originally posted by @wolfe63
    I understand one or two edits...but 3 edits for that measly paragraph and a quarter?

Well, I guess..in this case, I'll read it: With that much pruning...it must be a garden of substance and wisdom.
    Yeah. I've had that problem since my first day on a BBS message board 30 years or whatever ago. I type, hit enter, then see flaws in grammar, spelling, or wording and get all OCD and fix it. I repost quickly so my message doesn't change after someone might reply. Then I spot another problem. And so on. Since it hasn't changed in 3 decades, I don't guess it ever will.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 20:23
    Yeah. I've had that problem since my first day on a BBS message board 30 years or whatever ago. I type, hit enter, then see flaws in grammar, spelling, or wording and get all OCD and fix it. I repost quickly so my message doesn't change after someone might reply. Then I spot another problem. And so on. Since it hasn't changed in 3 decades, I don't guess it ever will.
    Nothing wrong with correcting mistakes. I do that all the time, good thing I can gargle words I know I misspell.
  10. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 20:58
    I can relate.
    I admire that kind of honesty and humility.
    Maybe you can be reasoned with afterall.

🙂
  11. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 21:01
    I can relate.
    I admire that kind of honesty and humility.
    Maybe you can be reasoned with afterall.

🙂
    Perfect timing! Right after I called you a troll
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 21:25
    Perfect timing! Right after I called you a troll
    So 'for whom the bell trolls', could be a great movie.
  13. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 21:30
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    So 'for whom the bell trolls', could be a great movie.
    Me likey!
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 21:411 edit

Hey skippy, I'd remind you that Rob Rosenstein (a Trump appointed Republican) found sufficient evidence to warrant appointing Robert Mueller (A Bush appointee) to undertake this investigation. So if you want to cry "witch hunt" go and complain to the GOP, don't start sniveling like a little girl to me about ...[text shortened]... inton did you? Now that Robert Mueller is investigating Trump you whine like a mule. Hypocrisy??
    Mueller is not investigating Trump...you are foolish to think that.
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    15 Jun '18 21:441 edit

I think they have a smudge on their left shoe too...hang him!