Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 26 Jan '17 19:12
    Who is going to pay for the wall Trump is planning to build? Trump says Mexico, the Mexican president says he won't pay for it.
  2. 26 Jan '17 19:16
    Originally posted by robbebop
    Who is going to pay for the wall Trump is planning to build? Trump says Mexico, the Mexican president says he won't pay for it.
    We all will.
  3. 26 Jan '17 19:19
    Originally posted by divegeester
    We all will.
    I have heard that he will build the wall first with US money, and he will let Mexico pay for it when it's built (and I am not going to pay for it
  4. 26 Jan '17 19:37
    One theory I heard was the Trump would just redirect the money we would give Mexico into building the wall.
  5. 26 Jan '17 19:43
    Originally posted by robbebop
    I have heard that he will build the wall first with US money, and he will let Mexico pay for it when it's built (and I am not going to pay for it
    You will pay for it with your tax dollars and Mexico isn't going to pay squat.
  6. 26 Jan '17 19:44
    Originally posted by Eladar
    One theory I heard was the Trump would just redirect the money we would give Mexico into building the wall.
    What money you would "give Mexico"?
  7. 26 Jan '17 19:46
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    You will pay for it with your tax dollars and Mexico isn't going to pay squat.
    As I don't live in the US I won't pay for it I would think
  8. 26 Jan '17 20:42
    The idea that a wall will stop people is ludicrous, Has no one told the Dumpster that Mexicans can dig tunnels if they want?
  9. 26 Jan '17 20:43
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What money you would "give Mexico"?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid
  10. 26 Jan '17 20:45 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What money you would "give Mexico"?
    We give Mexico Foreign Aid.

    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1393960/US-gives-billions-foreign-aid-worlds-richest-countries-asks-borrow-back.html
  11. 26 Jan '17 20:52
    Originally posted by Eladar
    We give Mexico Foreign Aid.
    That is not nearly enough.
  12. 26 Jan '17 20:54 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by robbebop
    That is not nearly enough.
    We'll get the money back through the years.

    Who knows, maybe we'll start charging people to pass through the Wall, money that would be spent in Mexico. Make it a toll wall but only for Mexican nationals. US citizens can pass freely.

    Perhaps a special Tariff on goods imported from Mexico.
  13. 26 Jan '17 21:08
    Originally posted by techsouth
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_foreign_aid
    Interesting. That's a pittance compared to the cost of building that wall though.
  14. 26 Jan '17 21:12
    Originally posted by Eladar
    We'll get the money back through the years.

    Who knows, maybe we'll start charging people to pass through the Wall, money that would be spent in Mexico. Make it a toll wall but only for Mexican nationals. US citizens can pass freely.

    Perhaps a special Tariff on goods imported from Mexico.
    Tariffs aren't paid by Mexico though - they are paid by Americans (or American corporations) wishing to import goods from Mexico.
  15. 26 Jan '17 21:27
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Tariffs aren't paid by Mexico though - they are paid by Americans (or American corporations) wishing to import goods from Mexico.
    The Mexicans still need to sell it at a low enough price so it sells. But yeah, it would be paid by those Americans who choose to buy Mexican instead of buying American.