Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 10 Apr '15 11:05 / 3 edits
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2015/04/09/politico-hypes-gender-neutral-bathroom-white-house

Sarah Wheaton touted the new "gender-neutral" bathroom at the White House as "the latest in a series of symbolic steps the Obama administration has taken to work the priorities of the LGBT community into its broader themes of inclusiveness and tolerance" in a Thursday item on Politico.com. Wheaton played up how "the newly designated restroom is an example of how the administration has been advancing the discussion by raising the profile of transgender issues, an area of debate that is especially hotly contested right now." - See more at: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2015/04/09/politico-hypes-gender-neutral-bathroom-white-house#sthash.qWfJEgwS.dpuf

No word yet on the "glory hole" bathrooms.

So is it safe to say that all gender oriented bathrooms are bigoted?
  2. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    10 Apr '15 11:11 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthew-balan/2015/04/09/politico-hypes-gender-neutral-bathroom-white-house

Sarah Wheaton touted the new "gender-neutral" bathroom at the White House as "the latest in a series of symbolic steps the Obama administration has taken to work the priorities of the LGBT community into its broader themes of inclusiveness and tolerance ...[text shortened]... "glory hole" bathrooms.

I have to admit Whodey, you have a talent for finding the really important topics.
  3. 10 Apr '15 13:08
    Toilets. Serious business.
  4. 10 Apr '15 13:17
    Originally posted by bill718
    I have to admit Whodey, you have a talent for finding the really important topics.
    So it is important for Obama to use his time as the president of the US to create these gender neutral bathrooms. But people who involve themselves in anonymous online forum discussions don't have time to waste discussing it?
  5. 10 Apr '15 13:32
    Originally posted by techsouth
    So it is important for Obama to use his time as the president of the US to create these gender neutral bathrooms. But people who involve themselves in anonymous online forum discussions don't have time to waste discussing it?
    How much time do you think Obama has spent on this issue?
  6. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    10 Apr '15 13:34
    A. Obama can use his time however he wants

B. I'll involve myself in discussing whatever I choose to on this site.

Have a nice day!
  7. 10 Apr '15 13:42

Have a nice day!
    Somehow you've used time to ridicule the idea of using time on the topic.

But, I never suggested anyone is forced to participate. I just find it odd that anyone participating in these forums would be so quick to judge how others topic choices might waste someones time.
  8. 10 Apr '15 13:47

Have a nice day!
    It's either that or golfing.
  9. 10 Apr '15 13:49
    I think the issue is a serious one in this PC oriented culture.

Should all bathrooms be multi gender? Is labeling bathrooms male and female bigoted in any way?

If not, why did the White House change them?

The last thing any of us want is to be labeled a bigot, that is, a bigot against the ruling political elite. No one wants the scarlet A branded across their progressive chest.
  10. 10 Apr '15 14:10
    I think the issue is a serious one in this PC oriented culture.

Should all bathrooms be multi gender? Is labeling bathrooms male and female bigoted in any way?

If not, why did the White House change them?

The last thing any of us want is to be labeled a bigot, that is, a bigot against the ruling political elite. No one wants the scarlet A branded across their progressive chest.
    Don't know where you're from whodey, but as a white, southern, male, straight, Christian I get accused of being a bigot for just getting out of bed in the morning.

It is funny how easily some people change their beliefs about almost anything as soon as the word bigot (or racist) begins to be thrown around.

Personally, I aspire to not be so weak minded. I prefer to form opinions based on relevant information rather than which side is shouting the word "bigot" loudest.
  11. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    10 Apr '15 15:22
    Let's clear this up. Only one bathroom out of the 35 in the White House has been made 'gender neutral'.
  12. 10 Apr '15 20:13

Sarah Wheaton touted the new "gender-neutral" bathroom at the White House as "the latest in a series of symbolic steps the Obama administration has taken to work the priorities of the LGBT community into its broader themes of inclusiveness and tolerance ...[text shortened]... "glory hole" bathrooms.

the absolute only reason for gendered bathrooms is for the safety of women. if you aren't safe in the white house, you have a problem.
  13. 11 Apr '15 02:33
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Let's clear this up. Only one bathroom out of the 35 in the White House has been made 'gender neutral'.
    Only one bathroom?

Was that for Michelle?
  14. 11 Apr '15 02:37
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    the absolute only reason for gendered bathrooms is for the safety of women. if you aren't safe in the white house, you have a problem.
    From what I hear JFK essentially raped a woman in the White House. We all know what Bill did, albeit it was said to be "consensual", much like a manager making sexual advances to an employee, that is.
  15. 11 Apr '15 07:24
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Do you have any evidence that in France, where non-gender-specific toilets are common, rapes in toilets are more common?