Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 08 Dec '09 04:01
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/watercooler/2009/aug/06/pelosis-visions-swastikas/?feat=article_top10_read
  2. 08 Dec '09 04:02
    OUTED!
  3. 08 Dec '09 04:02
    i like how the lady in san francisco took her glasses off to look good for the photo.
  4. 08 Dec '09 04:04
    tour guide to san francisco (gallery).

http://www.thomasalbert.com/politics/protest/san_francisco.htm
  5. 08 Dec '09 04:06

"what would chomsky do?"
  6. 08 Dec '09 04:07
    man, they got some naaaasty hippies in that town.
  7. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    08 Dec '09 04:13 / 1 edit
    wasnt sure bout your thread title but it made me think....the lengths people would go for to try and create that must have niche gift for the holiday season.
  8. 08 Dec '09 04:17
    i'm sure any of those signs would be an appropriate gift for a certain sort of san franciscan.
  9. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    08 Dec '09 06:28
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/weblogs/watercooler/2009/aug/06/pelosis-visions-swastikas/?feat=article_top10_read
    I have absolutely no idea what this is about.
    I looked at the site, and I still don't have a clue.
  10. 08 Dec '09 06:44
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I have absolutely no idea what this is about.
    I looked at the site, and I still don't have a clue.

UPDATE:The image below is what Congresswoman Pelosi was referring to which was "taken at a protest last week outside the Fort Collins office of Rep. Betsy Markey (D-Colo.)," according to a Huffington Post reader.

The Speaker's office also referred to a story written at rawstory.com:

"While it's possible the top House Democrat might have been misinformed (due to non-specific media reports) about a swastika, the following sign written with Nazi lettering, spotted at a Congressman Lloyd Doggett event, has been widely reported on liberal blogs and in the mainstream media."

Ms. Pelosi's office also told the Washington Times:

"In addition, at another town hall held in Worcester, Massachusetts, Democratic Congressman Jim McGovern, the Telegram reports, 'was likened by an attendee to Josef Mengele, the Nazi officer who performed experiments on concentration camp survivors.'"

It is interesting to see Ms. Pelosi's outrage over these types of images considering swastikas were flying around her own district this past January during the "Gaza War Protest and Anti-Israel Rally" in San Francisco. Here are some of the images:

Israeli flag with a Swastika in San Francisco protest

Swastika compared to Israeli flag in San Franciso protest

Swastika in an Israeli flag on San Francisco Street protest.

San Franciso protester holding a sign insulting concentration camp victim

"Gaza = Auschwitz" sign in a San Francisco Protest
  11. 08 Dec '09 06:47

UPDATE:The image below is what Congresswoman Pelosi was referring to which was "taken at a protest last week outside the Fort Collins office of Rep. Betsy Markey (D-Colo.)," according to a Huffington Post reader.

The Speaker's office also ...[text shortened]... concentration camp victim

"Gaza = Auschwitz" sign in a San Francisco Protest
    Comments:

charlesinpa
    Liberals, like pelosi, have a double standard about this symbol. If it use about pres george bush, it is okay. If it used about pres obama, it is racist. the swastika is a hate symbol, pure and simple. my father and uncle fought in ww2 to remove that symbol from the face of this earth. pelosi has no credibilty on this subject. I do not remember her speaking out about people protesting bush's policies with swastika on their signs but now speaks up when it applies to pres obama. speaker pelosi, your double standard is showing.
  12. 08 Dec '09 06:47
    comprende?
  13. 08 Dec '09 06:59
    Comments:

charlesinpa
    Liberals, like pelosi, have a double standard about this symbol. If it use about pres george bush, it is okay. If it used about pres obama, it is racist. the swastika is a hate symbol, pure and simple. my father and uncle fought in ww2 to remove that symbol from the face of this earth. pelosi has no credibilty on this subject. I d ...[text shortened]... t now speaks up when it applies to pres obama. speaker pelosi, your double standard is showing.
    Will you apply the same standard to those Republicans who were outraged when it was used to depict Bush, but are silent when it's used against Obama? Are they just as bad as the hypocritical Liberals?
  14. Subscriber kmax87
    You've got Kevin
    08 Dec '09 07:00 / 3 edits
    comprende?
    this is like Bush was in the room when a guy threw shoes at him. Therefore Bush hates everything about himself including hating the legacy of his own presidency. comprehendere?!?
  15. 08 Dec '09 11:23
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    I still don't have a clue.
    So glad you have realised it at last.