Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 03:45
    At this juncture, there is only one way to secure the border. Give the strip of land to the Zionists as a homeland, and kill two birds with one stone.
  2. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 03:561 edit
    I always thought the border between the U.S. and Mexico should be a military training ground with live fire exercises. It's your own fault if you decide to take a stroll in there and you get blown up.
  3. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 06:16
    @whodey said
    At this juncture, there is only one way to secure the border. Give the strip of land to the Zionists as a homeland, and kill two birds with one stone.
    You antisemite!
  4. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 22:18
    Well, it seems there are pick-up trucks full of inbreds mighty angry about the wall failing...
    They’d have rather have the civil service unpaid, than irrationality prevail.

WTF?
  5. Standard memberXYYZ
    The 'Fett'
    Phx
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 22:43
    @nomorechess said
    I always thought the border between the U.S. and Mexico should be a military training ground with live fire exercises. It's your own fault if you decide to take a stroll in there and you get blown up.
    2 words- demilitarized zone
  6. Germany
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 22:44
    @shavixmir said
    Well, it seems there are pick-up trucks full of inbreds mighty angry about the wall failing...
    They’d have rather have the civil service unpaid, than irrationality prevail.

WTF?
    And all this gnashing of teeth over a marketing slogan. Haha.
  7. Joined
    06 Dec '18
    Moves
    20 Dec '18 23:47
    @xyyz said
    2 words- demilitarized zone
    Landmines 😉
  8. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    iEn guardia, Ingles!
    tinyurl.com/y43jqfyd
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 02:59
    @nomorechess said
    Landmines 😉
    https://www.quora.com/Wouldnt-landmines-be-a-cheaper-and-more-effective-solution-than-a-giant-wall-between-the-US-and-Mexico

Cheaper? Probably not.

The mines themselves are pretty cheap, but for a minefield to be effective (without covering it with machine guns as is typical in warzones) it has to have depth, otherwise your trespasser has a decent chance of making it through without triggering a mine. Minefield density is limited by the type of mine, you don’t want the triggering of a single mine to have a cascade effect and trigger other mines. To be effective, the field would have to be at least 30 feet (~9m) deep, but probably more like 50 feet (~15m). So you’d need a 50 foot strip of land along a 1,954 mile long border, filled with mines, excluding crossing points. That’s a lot of land, and while a good chunk of it is through desert, through the cities, there isn’t 50 feet of empty land at the border. The US government could use eminent domain & acquire the land, but that’d still be expensive.

OK, now we have a huge minefield across the border between the US & Mexico. The Great Trump Barrier Wall of Death(tm). Now we need a fence. Can’t just have an open mine field, it’s a health and safety hazard, can’t have little Johnny chasing his ball into the minefield and getting blown up, that’d look bad on CNN. Plus the medical bills, assuming little Johnny didn’t die, or the inevitable lawsuit if he does. Of course, it’s not all bad; if little Johnny dies, we save tax dollars on education and the local funeral home gets more business, good for the economy. But I digress, about that fence. Now we have to build miles of chain link & barbed wire fence to cordon off our minefield. You know, a wall to protect our citizens from our ‘wall.’ And we’ll need lots of warning signs, because it’s America, and our moron citizens need every risk and piece of common sense spelled out for them in a conspicuous warning label. Of course, the minefield will need maintenance, because sure as sh*, someone is gonna try to make it across and get blown up, so we’ll have to replace the expended mine.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 04:18
    @athousandyoung said
    https://www.quora.com/Wouldnt-landmines-be-a-cheaper-and-more-effective-solution-than-a-giant-wall-between-the-US-and-Mexico

Cheaper? Probably not.

The mines themselves are pretty cheap, but for a minefield to be effective (without covering it with machine guns as is typical in warzones) it has to have depth, otherwise your trespasser has a decent chance o ...[text shortened]... is gonna try to make it across and get blown up, so we’ll have to replace the expended mine.
    Yep... so much for being a "Christian nation".

Land of the hypocrites, home of the naive.
  10. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 09:22
    Should the border between Mexico and the US be controlled?
  11. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 09:28
    @divegeester said
    Should the border between Mexico and the US be controlled?
    Should East Germany have built the Berlin Wall in 1961?

How many died trying to cross that border?

Have we learned nothing?
  12. Subscriberdivegeester
    Leave Means Leave
    Voting not marching!
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 09:30
    @suzianne said
    Should East Germany have built the Berlin Wall in 1961?

How many died trying to cross that border?

Have we learned nothing?
    It’s a yes or no answer Suzianne.
  13. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 18:44
    @suzianne said
    Yep... so much for being a "Christian nation".
    Oh, come on... it never was. Not even close.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 20:15
    @shallow-blue said
    Oh, come on... it never was. Not even close.
    I was referencing what we hear constantly from the right.

This is my point with calling them hypocrites. If we were a 'Christian nation', we wouldn't be turning away asylum-seekers, especially those with children, OR, for God's sake, building a freaking wall.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Dec '18 20:20
    @divegeester said
    It’s a yes or no answer Suzianne.
    Funny, it's not a "yes or no" problem, and only people who can't argue their defenseless position want to make it so.